Regenerating elastin? Possible?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
If you aren’t against injectables this one looks promising. It’s a combination of high and low molecular weight hyaluronic acid that’s supposed to boost collagen and elastin. I haven’t used it but I’m seriously considering it.

You don't actually want to increase collagen just elastin, for healthy collagen you should favor silicon and sulfur plus of course glycine and maybe vitamin C

Peatress

If you aren’t against injectables this one looks promising. It’s a combination of high and low molecular weight hyaluronic acid that’s supposed to boost collagen and elastin. I haven’t used it but I’m seriously considering it.
It might not be safe to inject

"In 1936 Albert Szent-Gyorgyi reported that some chemicals in lemon juice, which he called vitamin P (or citrin), would prevent purpura, subcutaneous capillary bleeding. By 1938, he had decided that citrin, (which he now called bioflavonoid) probably wasn’t a vitamin, and that its action was more like that of a drug, substituting for a natural regulatory factor that was missing. Later research has confirmed that view, showing that the bioflavonoids inhibit the enzyme hyaluronidase, which degrades the “ground substance” of connective tissues. At least one natural endogenous inhibitor of hyaluronidase has now been identified. The basement membrane that surrounds and unites the endothelial cells of capillaries is largely hyaluronic acid and collagen. It isn’t thrombogenic (Buchanan, et al.), despite the common belief that collagen is intrinsically a clot instigator. The breakdown of this ground substance is involved in growth and reproduction, so an excess of bioflavonoids in the diet could conceivably interfere with fertility and fetal development. Some bioflavonoids have been prescribed for menstrual problems, and are probably useful when the physiological inhibitor isn’t adequate.

Hyaluronidase is activated by shock, and also by estrogen. Both hyaluronidase and estrogen have been used in plastic surgery to “expand” tissue, weakening it and allowing it to be enlarged. During aging, hyaluronic acid (the major water-retaining component of connective tissue that’s broken down by hyaluronidase) decreases in the connective tissues, but increases in the blood stream. Shock allows hyaluronic acid to increase in the serum. Fragments of degraded hyaluronic acid are pro-inflammatory." Ray Peat

Blossom

Forum Supporter
thank you @Peatress. I knew deep down I was letting vanity get the best of me. :)

Momma

It might not be safe to inject
Yes.

thank you @Peatress. I knew deep down I was letting vanity get the best of me. :)
And thank you for being transparent and putting this out there. Just to encourage you- I’ve seen at least two photos of you, and I find you naturally beautiful. Aging extremely well. Don’t ever put anything into your face or let anyone tell you that you need to do so. Even if that anyone is yourself.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Momma, thank you. I do feel like the last several years of intense stress have aged me but I should should wear it as a badge of honor and embrace it just like I have done with growing out my natural gray hair. Thanks again for the reminder and encouragement.

Nancy Cole

Anyone know if this is possible ? If so any ideas?
Personally, I will stick with Dr Ray Pete's diet and Pregnenolone. I am way healthier and look way younger than I did 6 years ago, when I discovered Dr.Peat, along with Haidut and Danny Roddy. I am 55 years old, but don't look it and definitely don't feel it. I have never have had more energy in my entire life!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230425_223048_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20230425_223048_Photos.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 120

Waynish

I read that we are born with a limited amount and that it peaks early in childhood development
They said the same about neurons and hair cells... And they never really admitted to being wrong, just pushed their findings that we do regenerate both and patted themselves on the back while continuing to spread their religion of scientism.

frannybananny

@Momma, thank you. I do feel like the last several years of intense stress have aged me but I should should wear it as a badge of honor and embrace it just like I have done with growing out my natural gray hair. Thanks again for the reminder and encouragement.
You go girl! I, too, am growing out my gray hair and have started using Amla Gold Oil ...an Aruvedic/Indian oil that seems to restore natural color/ permeate the hair shaft and prevent breakage and gray hair. I leave it on for a few hours at a time, even onto the scalp to encourage dense growth and it smells like a wonderful soap. It does have PUFAS in it so you might not want it on your scalp. For me once every couple of months is okay. https://tinyurl.com/4uaxh9wt

Blossom

Forum Supporter
You go girl! I, too, am growing out my gray hair and have started using Amla Gold Oil ...an Aruvedic/Indian oil that seems to restore natural color/ permeate the hair shaft and prevent breakage and gray hair. I leave it on for a few hours at a time, even onto the scalp to encourage dense growth and it smells like a wonderful soap. It does have PUFAS in it so you might not want it on your scalp. For me once every couple of months is okay. https://tinyurl.com/4uaxh9wt
Awesome! Thank you. We should make a thread about embracing our gray with pics!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Nancy Cole, that’s fantastic! Other people guess me at 10 years younger than I actually am but of course I’m honing in on things others don’t notice.

frannybananny

Personally, I will stick with Dr Ray Pete's diet and Pregnenolone. I am way healthier and look way younger than I did 6 years ago, when I discovered Dr.Peat, along with Haidut and Danny Roddy. I am 55 years old, but don't look it and definitely don't feel it. I have never have had more energy in my entire life!
BEAUTIFUL! What brand of pregnenolone do you take. I took 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet from Douglas Labs and it gave me severe itching in the ankle area... others here said it might have been the extra fillers in it.

Nancy Cole

BEAUTIFUL! What brand of pregnenolone do you take. I took 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet from Douglas Labs and it gave me severe itching in the ankle area... others here said it might have been the extra fillers in it.
Thank you kindly! I have used two sources. Pregnenolone powder from Health Natura LLC, currently between 750-1500 mg daily, that I feel in Capsuline size 00 capsules that I fill myself. The other is through Progestene, of Ideal labs, Haidut, in its equivalence but being in liquid form. Yes I guess other companies will put in fillers that can cause nasty reactions. I will remain loyal to these two sources, as they present their products in purest form.