Regenerating elastin? Possible?

frannybananny

Thank you kindly! I have used two sources. Pregnenolone powder from Health Natura LLC, currently between 750-1500 mg daily, that I feel in Capsuline size 00 capsules that I fill myself. The other is through Progestene, of Ideal labs, Haidut, in its equivalence but being in liquid form. Yes I guess other companies will put in fillers that can cause nasty reactions. I will remain loyal to these two sources, as they present their products in purest form.
Thank you!

CJ_87

Ray recommended using topical progesterone or DHEA to restore the elasticity and thickness of the thinner skin around the eyes.

And I seem to remember Matt Stone saying that his wrinkles diminished on a high-fruit diet. Probably a combination of a fast and efficient metabolic rate plus adequate nutrient intake would be the optimal way to allow the body to regenerate itself.

peter88

Ray recommended using topical progesterone or DHEA to restore the elasticity and thickness of the thinner skin around the eyes.

And I seem to remember Matt Stone saying that his wrinkles diminished on a high-fruit diet. Probably a combination of a fast and efficient metabolic rate plus adequate nutrient intake would be the optimal way to allow the body to regenerate itself.
Basically a vitamin c megadose from fruit

frannybananny

Hmmmm, I do use topical progesterone but would be very hesitant to put it around my eyes. Does anyone here do that? I only eat fruit that is in season and make lemonade from home grown lemons.

CastorTroy

Thank you kindly! I have used two sources. Pregnenolone powder from Health Natura LLC, currently between 750-1500 mg daily, that I feel in Capsuline size 00 capsules that I fill myself. The other is through Progestene, of Ideal labs, Haidut, in its equivalence but being in liquid form. Yes I guess other companies will put in fillers that can cause nasty reactions. I will remain loyal to these two sources, as they present their products in purest form.

A gram of pregnenolone a day? Are you serious?

LadyRae

I tried Idealabs' DHEA/progesterone (Cortinon?, I think) topically in hopes that it'd help with fine lines and tiny visible capillaries, but it didn't do anything.

Topical tretinoin, %1, has helped with minimizing pores, smoothing skin and decreasing fine lines, I've been using it every other night for over a year now. The capillaries were still there though.

Just 1 month ago, I started applying a bi-est cream at night around my eyes and on my cheeks, and the capillaries went away in 2 WEEKS! I know it's not popular around here, but studies show that topical estrogen stimulates collagen growth, minimizing fine lines too.

Just my 2 cents! 😁

LadyRae

Results: After treatment for 6 months, elasticity and firmness of the skin had markedly improved and the wrinkle depth and pore sizes had decreased by 61 to 100% in both groups. Furthermore, skin moisture had increased and the measurement of wrinkles using skin profilometry, revealed significant, or even highly significant, decreases of wrinkle depth in the estradiol and the estriol groups, respectively. On immunohistochemistry, significant increases of Type III collagen labeling were combined with increased numbers of collagen fibers at the end of the treatment period. As to hormone levels, only those of PRL had increased significantly and no systemic hormonal side effects were noted.

LadyRae

There is a TON of research showing the benefits of topical estrogen therapy. Too many articles to repost here, as I'm sure many of you will be quite resistant to accepting this.

Oh and all PMS bloating resolved as well!

Peatress

I was under the impression, based on reading Peat, that estrogen increases with age. All tissues have the capacity to produced estrogen, especially when stressed.

Estrogen increases the free fatty acids circulating in the blood, and this shifts metabolism away from oxidation of glucose to oxidation of fat, and it also reduces oxidative metabolism, for example by lowering thyroid function (Vandorpe and Kühn, 1989). These changes are analogous to those of fasting, in which metabolism shifts to the oxidation of fatty acids for energy, causes decreased body temperature, and in some animals leads to a state of torpor or hibernation.
Despite decreasing oxidative metabolism, estrogen stimulates the adrenal cortex, both directly and indirectly through the brain and pituitary, increasing the production of cortisol. Cortisol, by increasing protein turnover, can increase heat production, but this effect isn't necessarily sufficient to maintain a normal body temperature. It increases blood glucose, mainly by blocking its use for energy production, but the glucose is derived from the breakdown of muscle protein. It allows some glucose to be stored as fat. Sudden increases in the amount of glucose can lower adrenaline, and chronically excessive cortisol tends to suppress adrenaline. Cushing's syndrome (produced by excessive cortisol) commonly involves flushing and depression, both of which are likely to be related to the decreased action of adrenaline. Ray Peat

cremes

I’m away from my computer so I can’t post the study but I’m pretty certain there were some Korean researchers who discovered that policosanols improved skin thickness in the face. Check the main policosanols thread in the forum for details or tag me here and I’ll look it up.

Purebulk sells octacosanol with some mixed policosanols by the kilo.

LadyRae

I was under the impression, based on reading Peat, that estrogen increases with age. All tissues have the capacity to produced estrogen, especially when stressed.
Oh I realize Peat is very anti-estrogen, but as you can see just from a couple articles that I posted, this is a very arguable issue. Since this thread is about increasing collagen and elastin in the skin, topical estrogen is clearly advantageous, and many studies prove it.

I am fully aware that this is not popular within this forum.

Kram

Oh I realize Peat is very anti-estrogen, but as you can see just from a couple articles that I posted, this is a very arguable issue. Since this thread is about increasing collagen and elastin in the skin, topical estrogen is clearly advantageous, and many studies prove it.

I agree and think estrogen can be beneficial for skin. I think estrogen also increases hylauronic acid.

Peatress

Sorry I thought this thread was about increasing elastin. Collagen increases with age - just stress out the tissue and you will get plenty of collagen.

If estrogen is working for you I can't argue with that.

One thing that ages the skin is very low body fat.

LadyRae

Sorry I thought this thread was about increasing elastin. Collagen increases with age - just stress out the tissue and you will get plenty of collagen.

If estrogen is working for you I can't argue with that.

One thing that ages the skin is very low body fat.
Collagen and elastin deal with the signs of ageing, like wrinkles and sagging. As you age, your body reduces or stops the production of these two proteins. This in turn, disturbs your skin’s natural ability to repair skin damage.

Bluebell

@LadyRae, do you apply the bi-est only during the first 14 days of your cycle to be in line with natural hormones? & do you notice any difference in how you feel from it, e.g. energy (so then wouldn't want to use at night)?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals