Regarding contact lenses and sunlight

Vins7

I have heard in an interview from a man who is dedicated to studying the effects of the sun on health that contact lenses or glasses block a certain spectrum of sunlight and this is harmful to us because our eyes have some kind of receptors and sunlight must reach them unfiltered. I'm sorry for this very bad explanation but my knowledge on the subject is nil.

I use contact lenses every day and I would like to know if anyone knows more about it and if I could get another type of contact lenses or some strategy if what this man explained is true and as harmful as he said.

Thank you in advance.

Korven

Huh interesting... do you have a link to the interview?

My intuition tells me that wearing glasses/contacts is not optimal. I feel better without them... but I can't see anything lol.

I also wear glasses and contact lenses and am trying to "wean off" them using the bates method. This channel has helpful advice on restoring eyesight naturally using the bates method: https://www.youtube.com/user/BatesHappysight. Though I can't say I have made much progress. What usually ends up happening is that I get frustrated not being able to see anything and I put my glasses back on. But I have occasionally gotten 'clear flashes' where my eyes focus on things in the distance. I didn't think this was possible before without glasses.

OP
V

Vins7

My intuition tells me that wearing glasses/contacts is not optimal. I feel better without them... but I can't see anything lol.

I also wear glasses and contact lenses and am trying to "wean off" them using the bates method. This channel has helpful advice on restoring eyesight naturally using the bates method: https://www.youtube.com/user/BatesHappysight. Though I can't say I have made much progress. What usually ends up happening is that I get frustrated not being able to see anything and I put my glasses back on. But I have occasionally gotten 'clear flashes' where my eyes focus on things in the distance. I didn't think this was possible before without glasses.
The interview is in Spanish but I could put the link if you want. The man says that nowadays we have too much blue light, he explains that windows only let in the blue light, the lights of the homes, television, mobile phone, etc. are blue light and that glasses and lenses filter the other tones and only let the blue light through. I think he explains something like that.

Ben.

What you describe i have heared from this guy aswell. He says he see's clearly multiple times trough the day.

Not sure if these personalities and their methods overlap. Maybe you like to check him out.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfO0x9uIkTQ

Lilac

The way I understand Ray's thinking: Glass blocks ultraviolet light. (He recommends getting red light through a window if you want to avoid the potentially harmful UV rays.) I believe plastic eyeglass lenses, contacts, and the plastic put in during cataract surgery block UV light, too. (Ray is generally against conventional cataract treatment.)

I'm not sure if Ray thinks the following, but it's what I generally understand: You brain needs some UV light coming into the eyes--for circadian rhythms, for instance. Seems only logical to me. It would be unnatural to cut yourself off from all UV exposure.

Don

Ideally get red/orange morning light and evening light without anything over your eyes.

Nomane Euger

Ideally get red/orange morning light and evening light without anything over your eyes.
if you do that according to sunrise and sunset from november to march you will feel worst, potentially crappy due to days being shorter, better to keep intense artificial light on zd much as possible,up until you reach may

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals