Refined Oil Vs Natural Substance

It seems like people in this forum (and in many other places across the internet) equate a concentrated / high does/ refined version of something to the natural version of it.

Ie:

- Walnut OIL is bad for you, therefore walnuts must be bad for you. (When I do a site search in raypeat.com, the ONE reference to "walnuts" is about vegetable OILS, in this article: Vegetables, etc.—Who Defines Food?)

- Avocado OIL is bad for you, therefore avocados must be bad for you (The only references to "avocado" in raypeat.com, refer to studies done with avocado OIL, except for an African one done on the native diet of actually eating avocados, and they concluded that "From this point of view, dietary habits of Congolese mothers have to be sustained for they are more adequate than most Western-type diets."

- High-PUFA Industrial produced soy and canola oil are bad for you, therefore any and all natural ingredients (walnuts, pecans, etc) that contain PUFA must also be bad for you.

I don't just see this here, I see it in all types of forums. I take another herb, and recent studies of that herb have shown to be toxic - AT 100X THE NORMAL DOSE, so therefor people suddenly fear it.

Has it ever occurred to anybody here that natural versions of things can be quite good for you, even when the mass/industrial produced and refined versions of them are not?

I'm mainly thinking of natural foods like walnuts, pecans, avocados... but it can be applied to anything. Do you all realize that avocado oil does not equal avocado? Walnut oil does not equal walnuts...Etc, etc?

Do you also realize that almost all of the studies showing how bad PUFA is for you are using highly processed PUFA rich OILS? Not the natural substances?

It just seems like there's a disconnect in logic around here, and I'm wondering if I'm the only one who sees that.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L Can Refined/hydrogenated Coconut Oil Cause Diarrhea? Coconut Oil 8
T Why Does Peat Recommended Refined Coconut Oil As Opposed To Organic Virgin Coconut Oil? Ask For Help or Advice 4
G Can't Find A Decent Refined Coconut Oil Brand In UK! Coconut Oil 16
MyUsernameHere Coconut Oil: Virgin Vs Refined(Hydrogenated) - My Experience Coconut Oil 22
uuy8778yyi refined coconut oil not sold as food item ? still safe ? Coconut Oil 1
A Coconut Oil- Refined Or Unrefined? Coconut Oil 8
M Turning Virgin Coconut Oil Into Refined Coconut Oil 1
B Coconut oil is refined at 200°C(400°F)-could that be bad Coconut Oil 4
C Anyone Cut Out All Refined Sugar? Diet 2
T Can Someone Lay Out A Factual Case That Refined Sugars And Other Stimulants Waste The Bod Resources? Diet 5
Jake sullivan Iron Bits Found In Refined Sugar? Sugar, Honey 12
M Refined White Sugar Vs Cane/Brown Sugar (& Coke) Digestion, Gut Flora 4
A VLDL - Is It A Result Of Refined Carbs? Cholesterol 0
johnwester130 Are Refined Foods Actually Better For You Diet, Recipes 8
O Fructose Powder Better Than Refined Sugar? Sugar, Honey 14
G Honey, Refined sugar in old cultures Kmud Interview: Sept.17,2010 - Sugar I [Clipped.In 0
G Fruit vs Refined Sugar (Minerals, Potassium, OJ...) Kmud Interview: Sept.17,2010 - Sugar I [Clipped.In 0
W Real olive oil for eating or solvent? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 4
D Spinach seed oil, an amazing source of stearic acid and other satured fats Ask For Help or Advice 0
Hans Coconut oil for lowering blood sugar, insulin requirements, inflammation and appetite Scientific Studies 19
R Turning vellus hairs to terminal (beard), castor oil in DSMO with microneedling? Hair & Nails 11
T Is lavender essential oil addictive? Ask For Help or Advice 4
J Castor oil for constipation Digestion 7
M Good Coconut Oil in Germany Diet 2
F Coconut Oil & Xylitol Toothpaste Recipe? Oral Health 0
S Coconut Oil Reduces DHT Orally? Coconut Oil 10
Julian Solving Histamine Intolerance With Peppermint Oil? DO Or DON'T Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 12
R J Deep Frying With Hydrogenated Coconut Oil? Coconut Oil 18
C Sesame Oil Sexuality 0
S My Experience With Coconut Oil Ask For Help or Advice 6
D Carvacrol (Oregano Oil) Seems Pretty Good Stuff From Peaty Pov Supplements 0
pauljacob Confusing Info From RP About Coconut Oil And Butter Diet 15
W In The USSR, If You Wanted Dessert, Then You Took Fish Oil! Society 18
Lokzo Fish Oil Supplements Improve Testicular Health: Study Of 1,679 Healthy Young Men Scientific Studies 30
orewashin Why Does Coconut Oil/MCT Oil Burn My Throat? Coconut Oil 1
E Improving Effect Of Evening Primrose Oil On The Sexual Functions Of Male Mice Scientific Studies 21
B Fractionated Coconut Oil As Sunscreen? Coconut Oil 0
S MPB Treatment : Apirin And Castor Oil Combo Hair & Nails 5
Infarouge Wheat Germ Vs Wheat Germ Oil Vegetables, Grains, Legumes, Fiber 1
jase_11six Is It Ok To Apply Emu Oil To The Skin? Body Care 0
meatbag Cod-liver Oil Inhibits Gastric Secretion Articles & Scientific Studies 7
C Lemon Or Orange Oil? Supplements 5
Hgreen56 Rinsing Beef Reduced Fat Content But With Extra Oil Helps "suck" The Extra Fat Out Of The Beef? Diet 0
L Can Micronized DHEA Dissolve In Coconut Oil? Digestion 3
Cecil Roids Coconut Oil Goes Rancid On My Skin, Any Ideas Why? Ask For Help or Advice 8
5 Ozone Therapy IV. snake Oil? Ask For Help or Advice 0
Velve921 Unrefined Coconut Oil Made Me Burn Coconut Oil 9
J Coconut Oil Ask For Help or Advice 6
T Is There Are An Effective Way Clean PUFA Oil From Canned Oysters? Meat, Organ Meat, Gelatin, Seafood 5
J Oil Of Oregano Ask For Help or Advice 14