Refeeds

Discussion in 'Diet, Recipes' started by slayers, Dec 4, 2012.

1. slayers

slayers Member

I been reading alot about refeeds or carb refeeds.... i know martin berkhan, scott abel are some that do refeeds... restrict calories on rest days or even 5-6 days in a row then do massive several calorie refeeds... What are your thoughts on this
    doing a peat style diet based on refeeds?

2. kettlebell

kettlebell Member

Hi Slayers,

Restriction of calories to the extent of inducing the release of cortisol and other stress hormones leading to catabolism isn't something Mr Peat advocates. If a reduction of calories is minimal, say 300 or so calories less a day whilst maintaining small regular meals, this would cause gradual weight loss without too much of a negative effect.

Doing a Peat style diet based on refeeds wouldn't be a Peat style diet of course, but that doesn't mean you can't do it if it fits with your goals.

The above is just my opinion of course. :):

3. cliff

cliff Member

never got anything but health problems following these cycle diets

4. jbs

jbs New Member

Scott Abel would never put his name on this diet protocol. This is NOT the 'Cycle-diet'. I know - I am one of the few people he has taken on as a mentee student.

5. superhuman

superhuman Member

i have bought the cycle diet audio and also a one time program from him in the past and yes this is just bull**** about juicing and all that crap. But yeah he is about eating litle x10 calories bodyweight till you get into a state where you can have your 1 refeed a day and even sometimes a midweek meal spike as well.

jbs: thats awesome, would you like to share? and do you implement anything now in your peat eating etc?