Reducing Damage From Chlorinated Pool ?

sun-maid

Hey,

I enjoy swimming (mostly in indoor pool) but I heard that the chlorine in the pool is not so great for thyroid, skin, etc...

Is there a supplement I can take or something I can do to reduce the damage from the chlorine ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,
Thank you

Cirion

Maybe iodine supplementation.

It's definitely not optimal for health either way and if you really enjoy swimming maybe get your own pool and don't use chlorine, or stick to the ocean (if you have access to a beach). That chlorine is no joke, it is one of the things that gave Nathan Hatch (he wrote a book based upon a lot of Peat principles) thyroid cancer.

Hugh Johnson

Iodine supplementation is definitely a good idea. Extra sodium should also help.

Note that Peat dislikes Iodine supplements, and he is usually right about things. I am taking iodine myself though.

OP
S

sun-maid

Maybe iodine supplementation.

It's definitely not optimal for health either way and if you really enjoy swimming maybe get your own pool and don't use chlorine, or stick to the ocean (if you have access to a beach). That chlorine is no joke, it is one of the things that gave Nathan Hatch (he wrote a book based upon a lot of Peat principles) thyroid cancer.

wow. I didn't know it was that strong. I used to swim a lot when I was younger and always woke up with a sore throat (would go away quickly tho) along with repetitive sinusitis. I always thought it was just others swimmer virus, never the chlorine... Thank you for your output

Iodine supplementation is definitely a good idea. Extra sodium should also help.

Note that Peat dislikes Iodine supplements, and he is usually right about things. I am taking iodine myself though.

What Iodine do you suggest and what dosage ?

Hugh Johnson

wow. I didn't know it was that strong. I used to swim a lot when I was younger and always woke up with a sore throat (would go away quickly tho) along with repetitive sinusitis. I always thought it was just others swimmer virus, never the chlorine... Thank you for your output

What Iodine do you suggest and what dosage ?
I'm not an iodine expert. I used to use 15 mg a day, but i've been having probable bromide detox so it's been 100s of milligrams and painting my stomach because that seems to release more bromide.

I do recommend Lugol's.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals