Reduce Fats In The Diet During Treatment Of Degenerative Disease [a Tumor For Example]?

gilson dantas

@haidut, @tara, @Blossom, @Mittir
I read here in the forum a quote from R Peat analyzing the superiority of sugar as fuel.
"Just about everything that goes wrong involves FFA increase. If they are totally saturated fatty acids, such as from coconut oil and butter, those are less harmful, but they still tend to shift the mitochondrial cellular metabolism away from using glucose and fructose and turning on various stress related things; By lowering the carbon dioxide production I think is the main mechanism." - Ray Peat).
Well:
I can then make the following statement: in the case of treatment of a degenerative disease, it is better to avoid fats in the diet [even if it is coconut oil], since I intend to reduce several processes related to stress? Is it correct to make this statement?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I can then make the following statement: in the case of treatment of a degenerative disease, it is better to avoid fats in the diet [even if it is coconut oil], since I intend to reduce several processes related to stress? Is it correct to make this statement?

I think it is definitely worth experimenting to see how you feel eating low fat. I believe FFA can increase under stress even if a person is eating a very low fat diet because our own adipose tissue can serve as a source of FFA. Do you use niacinamide by chance?

tara

I'm not sure that it suggests avoiding fat altogether, but it does seem to suggest using carbs rather than fat as the main fuel source.
AIUI, there is still the possibility that including a little saturated fat with meals - maybe esp. coconut oil - can help the mitochondrial efficiency by diluting any free PUFAs that have been liberated from one's tissues, even if not recently eaten.
Exactly how much FFA one has floating around, and how much saturated fat is helpful, is probably somewhat individual and contextual. I agree with Blossom that it can be worth experimenting with. Some seem to thrive on very low fat diets, others get more stressed and do better if they include a bit more fat. I've never tried extreme low fat.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
If your sleeping well and not waking due to low blood sugar I think you could try increasing the dose but maybe just by about 50 mg at first to see how you do. Another option is that you could add an additional dose during the day in order have it in your system helping to lower FFA both day and night.

tara

Yes. And perhaps you can help me; I use 150 mg at night; I am thinking to use 200 or 250 mg before to sleep [against lipolisis]; what do you say?
I'd go for more frequent doses before increasing size of dose. I currently have about 100mg morning and evening, but may be better to have some with every meal.
I agree with Blossom that if you wake up in the night, it's probably not time to increase the evening dose for noow.

OP
gilson dantas

gilson dantas

Very good.
Thanks @tara, thanks @Blossom [very interesting your glasses:)].
I sleep well; but I need to reduce lipolisis as much as possible; remember I ´m healing a tumor and I need to reduce all kind of stress, specially bad fatty acids around.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
You can take it three times per day as tara mentioned. Some people here take high doses I would just increase it slowly to prevent additional stress from your blood sugar dropping rapidly.