Reduce Blood Cysteine

mad539

Hi,

i've now come to some conclusions and think they might be a part of while i don't feel very well.

1)
When using DMSA for chelation (only DMSA), i feel very good and healthy after some days taking 50 mg every 4 hours. Taking DMSA once in high dosage does the same, some hours later, my depression lifts, i'm more happier and sociable.

DMSA seems to lower cysteine:
Check cysteine levels, since 90% of DMSA is excreted bound to 1-2 cysteine

2)
In the last weeks, i had times where i ate not much protein (beeign at home over christmas) where i felt the same effects when taking DMSA. After i went back home, i started eating like me again, which means: Rice, chicken, meat, eggs, some vegetables, mainly a diet with simple basic foods.
I noticed that my health reduced the more i ate my standard staple of foods, especially when eating much chicken (over 200 gr) in one sitting.
Chicken is high in cystein.

3)
When water fasting, i get the same health benefits after 3-4 days (same timerange after not eating low protein).
They subside when eating again.

Sadly i don't have a lab around here where i can test blood cysteine, but it seems that i might have high cysteine and eating more protein does increase it. Is this plausible?
Are there any supplements to lower cysteine? I shouldn't take DMSA anymore because of low neutrophils (are already low), so it needs to be another supplement.

Also there seems a connection to mercury poisoning:
Your body has a few hundred grams of cysteine running around in it. So what
happens when you eat one or two more? The cysteine you eat tries to grab
mercury from your body. More precisely, from the cysteine molecules that
are an integral part of your body. Unfortunately, since these endogenous
and exogenous cysteine molecules are evenly matched, the mercury is passed
back and forth in this tug of war, bounces madly around the body, and stays
in it due to the overwhelming numerical superiority of the endogenous
cysteines.

So taking exogenous cysteine increases the damage the mercury does and
accellerates the rate at which it concentrates in the most sensitive tissues.
It does not, however, clear the mercury out any faster than doing nothing.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Kevin

Last edited:

redsun

Hi,

i've now come to some conclusions and think they might be a part of while i don't feel very well.

1)
When using DMSA for chelation (only DMSA), i feel very good and healthy after some days taking 50 mg every 4 hours. Taking DMSA once in high dosage does the same, some hours later, my depression lifts, i'm more happier and sociable.

DMSA seems to lower cysteine:

2)
In the last weeks, i had times where i ate not much protein (beeign at home over christmas) where i felt the same effects when taking DMSA. After i went back home, i started eating like me again, which means: Rice, chicken, meat, eggs, some vegetables, mainly a diet with simple basic foods.
I noticed that my health reduced the more i ate my standard staple of foods, especially when eating much chicken (over 200 gr) in one sitting.
Chicken is high in cystein.

3)
When water fasting, i get the same health benefits after 3-4 days (same timerange after not eating low protein).
They subside when eating again.

Sadly i don't have a lab around here where i can test blood cysteine, but it seems that i might have high cysteine and eating more protein does increase it. Is this plausible?
Are there any supplements to lower cysteine? I shouldn't take DMSA anymore because of low neutrophils (are already low), so it needs to be another supplement.

Also there seems a connection to mercury poisoning:

Thank you.

Best regards,
Kevin

It likely has nothing to with lowering cysteine but rather you may be toxic in metals like lead, mercury or arsenic.

DMSA can also increase loss of zinc and copper which is not good. You likely depleted yourself of these two, thus low neutrophils (zinc especially is important for white blood cells but so is copper). You should supplement zinc and get more copper from foods like potatoes, dark chocolate, liver, tropical fruits as these two metals are indispensable for good health, not just immunity. You may even consider a copper supplement to get levels up quickly along with zinc but if you ate a lot of liver and supplemented zinc on the side that may be adequate.

Cysteine is not something you want to lower. No you likely almost never need to supplement unless you were taking toxic medicine (like acetaminophen) but cysteine is vital for detoxification, hair, antioxidant protection (as a component of glutathione), metabolism of metals.

If you eat a lot of chicken, you are going to worsen your likely already terrible zinc and copper status because chicken has neither basically and the high protein content increases demands for zinc.

OP
M

mad539

My zinc and copper status is fine (blood level is good), i already supplement with zinc and did copper some months ago. Ceruloplasmin is also good.
Still don't know why my netrophils are low:
1611422462792.png

I'm toxic in metals, especially in lead as checked with a hair mineral test. But it doesn't explain why i feel good when not eating meat/chicken or taking DMSA, because the change in mood is rather fast. I tried it many times, taking DMSA does profoundly change my mood to the better. And normaly chelation doesn't work that fast.

unsubscribed

Hi there,

Is homocysteine not an inflammation marker?
Vitamin B12/folate B9 deficiency.
Sluggish MTHFR gene.
I believe B9 & B12 as part of the methylation process, converts homocysteine into methionine?

I dropped my homocysteine from 15 down to 9.5 in 3 months.

OP
M

mad539

My homocysteine level is at 6.1 µmol/L and was high before starting methylation support (B2, B6, Folate, B12). I think i'm taking everything to support methylation.
I don't know how cysteine is converted or used in the methylation cycle, but if cysteine is used somewhere, maybe i can be sure that everything runs correctly by taking the cofactors?

I'm now doing a low meat diet for some days and see what happens.

Andy316

My homocysteine level is at 6.1 µmol/L and was high before starting methylation support (B2, B6, Folate, B12). I think i'm taking everything to support methylation.
I don't know how cysteine is converted or used in the methylation cycle, but if cysteine is used somewhere, maybe i can be sure that everything runs correctly by taking the cofactors?

I'm now doing a low meat diet for some days and see what happens.
How did the low meat diet go?