Redshine

Redshine

First of al, whoah :confused: After years of eating the Weston Price way i'm a little bit overwhelmed which all this new information and way of eating. My english is not that good and my grammar is terrible, because it has been a few years ago that I really had to use proper english.

Since this is the meet and greet area I would do an small introduction. I'm from The Netherlands and a proud mom of a little boy who is now 13 months. During my pregnancy I ate the weston price way, I felt okay but not that "great" feeling. It felt like is was way to "heavy" for me and many times I was still tired. But I development an interest in what good food can do. Somehow I stumpled on ray peat and this forum and it was a little bit of an eyeopener for me, after years of not drinking coffee I tried a cup a few days ago (and it was delicious !:angelic:) still i'm not drinking more than 1 cup every few days because I can get migraine, but I know this has to do with hormones. I also think my little boy didn't do that well on W. Price because he has those puffy eyes, slowly I'm beginning to introduce a few ray peat eating habbits and hope that he and myself will beginning a new tasty way of eating. Love to read all the information on here and learn a lot more.

Greetings from Holland :dancer:

Soren

Forum Supporter
Welcome to the forum. If your looking for a good book that summaries a lot of Ray peat ideas and gives a lot of practical eating advice. Kate Deering book How to heal your metabolism is a great place to start.

Arrade

Hello!
Get away from the nasty fish oils, get some vitamin D and Vitamin K
Milk will grow your boy strong

OP
Redshine

Redshine

Thanks for the replies. Really thanks for the tip about the book, sometimes I find it hard to understand everything so with the book I can read calm and on my own pace. Unfortunately I did gave fish oil, but not much, I really thought is was good for brain development but always in the back of my head I was not quitte sure about is because we all now that fish these days is contaminated, he also developed a rash from it, that's also why I know this was not working. But (Arrade) do you know, because my little boy drinks good grassfed (pasturised) milk, He already get his Vit D but do I also can give him already the vit K ? I searched for it online but I only can find carlson's vit D and K2 for children but it is advised from 4 years or older.

And here (in Holland) they advise to give bread, which we tried a few times but wasn't really what he liked, i didn't force him because I thought this was his way of telling that he didn't need it, but milk on the other hand he can get enough from he always want's his milk. I started to beginning to give him more milk, fruit and meat (he chews on it but doesn't swallow it). I still give it to him so he can play with it and get used to the taste.

somuch4food

Welcome Redshine, I'm a recent member and mom of a 16 month old, too.

I'm not that into the Peat diet at the moment, but I'm learning loads about nutrition and lifestyle to improve metabolism and health.

For K2, there is liver, egg yolks, cheeses (gouda is high I think) and butter. I would be careful about supplements.

OP
Redshine

Redshine

I understand youre careful about the supplements I have that myself to, I was even scared to give the vit D... But I live in Holland and we don't get enough sun during fall and winter and when it shines it is not strong to get enough of it(it is also recommend bij clinics here). So no he is just getting the Vit D and nothing else. Thanks for the tip about the food that provide vit K2. Thankfully he loves butter :blush: and milk (maybe he is going to be a farmer someday because he is a real dairy boy:joyful:)

Peater

Hello from across the Channel

You're in the right country for cheese! I do love some Gouda

OP
Redshine

Redshine

yes, that's true !!:happy: No problem finding good cheese here. thanks for your reply from across the channel :blush:

somuch4food

was even scared to give the vit D... But I live in Holland and we don't get enough sun during fall and winter

Same problem for me. I thought about supplementing vit D, but milk in Canada is fortified and he has some everyday. So, I am still on the fence.

Is milk fortified in your country?

OP
Redshine

Redshine

No, the milk can be pasturised, pasturised and homogenized or raw. But it's only allowed to buy it raw from the farm itself. There is a farm not to far away from me that has really good milk, it's grass fed so I buy myself some good raw milk and for my little boy the pasturised milk. Maybe when he get's older he also get some raw milk. I had to google fortified milk :bookworm: but I don't think we have that here. I had a fellow worker from Germany she asked me someday what pasturised milk means, so we started talking about it and she explained to me that she didn't even knew milk like that, she drank it always raw. So much difference in countries.

But because my little boy doesn't get Vit D, not enough I think, I decided to follow the clinics advise and started giving it to him. Milk and butter also have Vit D in it but I'm scared it is not enough. But I doubted about it a long time. I found a brand of Vit D3 with coconut oil and without sugar so I'm hoping this is a good supplement to give.

Are there any advices in Canada ? or because the milk is fortified your supposed to get the Vit D from the milk ? I'm really curious :angelic:, here we have to go to the clinics every few month's with children and babies and they recommend giving Vit D if you breastfeed or formula it doesn't matter, first I didn't gave it but now he is getting "normal" milk there is no Vit D source (or at least not enough) that's why I decided to give it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals