Redlightman Review For Thyroid

Mufasa

Here a little review for the Red Light device:
Red light device - Red Light Man

I ordered this device some months ago, and I've been using it extensively, mainly on my thyroid for 10-15 min, using 20-30 cm distance. I actually stopped taking NDT, because it felt as giving a similar effect.

Recently, I switched from shining it on my thyroid to my hairline, because of my goal to regrow some hairs. I've been doing that for I think 3 days or something.

Today, I felt not totally alright. Just not anywhere near how I used to feel the last couple of weeks. My temps wouldn't raise as well. They were around 36.2-36.4 orally. I have cold feet. And I was wondering, what it could be, because I do a very strict and boring protocol health wise, doing the same almost every day (I have enough fun and variety in other activities).

So, I was looking to what I changed, and the only two things are that I haven't been in the sun lately, because it is cloudy and rainy here. And I haven't put the red light device on my thyroid, only on my hairline.

So I decided to shine this red light device on my thyroid for 15-20 min this afternoon, and I had my thermometer in my mouth the whole time, and I literally saw it change from 36.4 to 37.1 along the way.

I'm not sure if this is even possible, that it has such a quick and immediate effect, but a placebo sound equally strange to me. Well, let's say it like this, this is just what I observed in my N=1 experiment, and I feel so much better now.

One thing I want to note is that my neck, thyroid, upper chest region are surely one of the weakest spot in my body. I have constant low grade inflammation marks there. This may be a reason why I react so good on applying red light there.

Those inflammation marks aren't as bad as they used to be, let's say 4 months ago. Back then, one hot shower, would make my complete chest and neck very red. At this moment, after a hot shower, I see a much smaller region become red, and it is less red, more a pink like colour.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this, big thanks to @RedLightMan

sLaQiaT.jpg

rkAJkdf.png

Last edited:

TheHound

I'm interested in this device for hair loss, but it's so expensive! would the red light/IR combo light from the website achieve similar results?

m_arch

Don't use it every day have a rest day. I wouldn't use it if your morning temps optimise either. It's powerful stuff - you don't wanna go hyper thyroid

OP
M

Mufasa

I'm interested in this device for hair loss, but it's so expensive! would the red light/IR combo light from the website achieve similar results?

I'm not totally sure, as far as I recall, red light has shown to be effective for hair loss, more so than infrared light, but don't take my words on it.

Don't use it every day have a rest day. I wouldn't use it if your morning temps optimise either. It's powerful stuff - you don't wanna go hyper thyroid

Well, I'm not really having hyperthyroid symptomps yet :) My morning temp are now around 36.0-36.4.

RedLightMan

Thanks for the review @Mufasa - I'm glad you like it. It's hard to get a photo to accurately show the colour/intensity of the light isn't it.
If anyone ever has suggestions or product feedback please let me know. We're always looking to improve the products in any way.

I'm not totally sure, as far as I recall, red light has shown to be effective for hair loss, more so than infrared light, but don't take my words on it.
There hasn't been a good red vs infrared comparison study for hair loss in humans yet. One animal study I saw showed infrared to be better, but was perhaps a dose/wavelength penetration thing rather than just being 'better'.
Based on the mechanism of action and penetration potential, I think both red and infrared light would achieve the same results in something like hair loss, with infrared light needing a slightly higher dose for the same effect.

Demyze

Based on the mechanism of action and penetration potential said:
Wouldn't infrared need a lower dose since it is more penetrative? Sorry if this was just a mix up

RedLightMan

In general, yes. For muscles or the brain or something deep, you'd need to apply red light for a much longer time than infrared.
For skin and hair though (anything near the surface), red light is more efficient for getting the dose you want because it's absorbed almost totally by that first inch of tissue, whereas some of the infrared would be going past.
Infrared light is still absorbed mostly by the skin layers, just like red, but to a lower degree...if that makes sense.

redred

Is red light like a chicken lamp?

RedLightMan

Is red light like a chicken lamp?
I think most chicken lamps contain at least a bit of red light, but there are other wavelengths of EM radiation from them too, not to mention heat output.
They don't seem to be well studied for human light therapy and with the broad spectrum output I'm not sure how you'd go about calculating the dose/frequency/session time and such.
I definitely wouldn't use it on something like sunburn or your testes. Probably good for chickens though
:rotatinglight::chicken::rotatinglight:

:soon

redred

I think most chicken lamps contain at least a bit of red light, but there are other wavelengths of EM radiation from them too, not to mention heat output.
They don't seem to be well studied for human light therapy and with the broad spectrum output I'm not sure how you'd go about calculating the dose/frequency/session time and such.
I definitely wouldn't use it on something like sunburn or your testes. Probably good for chickens though
:rotatinglight::chicken::rotatinglight:

:soon

I mean like 250w heatlamp you know

You know