Redlight Experiences: Do You Profit From It?

Velve921

Has anyone been using red light therapy and notice tremendous difference? Well being?

Also, I have an athlete with severe Great Trochanter inflammation on his left leg...most likely coming from his left piriformis as its tender. Any cool remedies that would help calm down the inflammation?

loess

Yes, absolutely. Red light ain't no joke. Try applying magnesium oil several times daily on the leg. Could try topical dissolved aspirin as well.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

I've had him do epsom salt baths everyday and rub epsom salt onto the applied area..will magnesium oil be better?

loess

Epsom salts are great if that is what he has easy and immediate access to. But epsom salt is magnesium sulfate, which is inferior to magnesium chloride in the context of transdermal absorption. Magnesium chloride is better absorbed and retained; the kidneys tend to rapidly excrete magnesium sulfate, so you will need to use more epsom salts, more often, to get the same effects as a smaller amount of magnesium oil.

You can buy pre-made magnesium oil, but the most economical way to use it is to buy the magnesium bath flakes in bulk and simply dissolve them in water. Then put them in a spray bottle or other container and apply liberally all over the body. These are the magnesium flakes that I use (best price I have found is on eBay, btw) but there are others available that work fine as well.

Another effective way to take in magnesium, perhaps the most bioavailable of all, is to make magnesium bicarbonate water.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Ok I have heard of Magnesium Chloride...symptomatically what were the main differences you noticed between magnesium sulfate vs. magnesium chloride?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Something to keep in mind is that magnesium oil irritates, and even burns slightly which can cause a histamine reaction.

Red light for the win. Nutrient needs will increase.... vitamin A, sugar, etc....

loess

Yes that's a good point Charlie. I usually skin brush to try and stimulate and open up the pores before I apply it, and then I rinse off the mag oil after letting it absorb for a few minutes. I cannot speak to any personal experience with the differences between epsom salt and magnesium oil, I've only ever used the magnesium oil. But every time I use it I almost immediately I get a very soothing relaxation feeling in my muscles.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Charlie,

How often do you use red light? Time of day? What major changes did you notice?

LucyL

Ewlevy1 said:
Charlie,

How often do you use red light? Time of day? What major changes did you notice?

I'm not Charlie, but this is my experience - I injured my hand just last night, something very heavy fell on the back and swelling began immediately. I iced it for about 20 minutes while resting on the couch then got out my 500 Watts of 130 V bulbs and used them for about an hour. This morning there was still a little swelling, not noticeable unless you looked for it, and no pain unless I press right on the remaining swelling. It's always difficult to say what the results would have been if I hadn't used them, but I am not displeased with the state of the injury this morning.

I believe Ray's recommendations for lights are primarily during hours of darkness, like before bedtime, and upon rising in the morning to offset the stresses of the dark night. I use them typically for an hour or two in the evening before bed, and find their general effect to be relaxing and calming.

mr.mag

Has anyone been using red light therapy and notice tremendous difference? Well being?

Also, I have an athlete with severe Great Trochanter inflammation on his left leg...most likely coming from his left piriformis as its tender. Any cool remedies that would help calm down the inflammation?
is anyone familiar with http://oirf.com/pdf/FIT 915.pdf
they are red light glasses that a friend raves about giving best sleep they ever had
quite expensive - I'm thinking about ordering

biffbelvin

I had a small red light which I found would elevate my mood in winter, it was also great for easing aches and pains.

I recently bought a full body array and the difference is quite profound, I guess simply as i'm able to get several times the dose from one session. I generally feel like I'm more alert in earlier hours, with more energy and resilience to stress. Another thing i found quite remarkable is that i feel incredibly euphoric after exercise (swimming, pilates and bodyweight exercises). I used to feel a buzz anyway, but it is much more amplified.