Red, Orange, And Yellow Lights

J

j.

Incandescent lights have the beneficial red and orange frequencies at higher intensities than the stressful blue. Wouldn't we get even more benefits if we were exposed to red and orange frequencies but not the blue?

There are incandescent lights that are sold as red and other colors. I don't know the mechanism behind how they work, so I ask: is using some of the red and orange lights listed below healthy, better than using the typical incandescent lights?

(if some links seem duplicate, they aren't, the products have slight differences)

There is a similar question at Peatarian.

Jib

Different lighting for daytime and nighttime makes the most sense to me.

For nighttime, I'm considering experimenting with some lights like you've shared here. Right now I'm using a this bulb from lowbluelights.com.

https://www.lowbluelights.com/detail.asp?id=124

"Comprised of five amber LEDs mounted inside the dome, this low-blue bulb emits light within the visible spectrum above 510nm which therefore does not contain melatonin-suppressing blue wavelengths of light."

I want to try a far red LED bulb too. There are quite a few with wavelengths right at 660nm. If I get one of those chicken feeder bases and put one of those red lights in it and turn that on every night, I could really start scaring people. Especially if I get some suspenders and start sleeping with a sickle and a shotgun next to my bed ;)

sara n.

In the photos, the two small hand held LED arrays are, coincidentally, what I am choosing between at the moment. I am looking for info to help me choose between the red only and the red/infrared/yellow one. I had one of the red handheld arrays for "spot" heating on my neck, up and down my spine, on my hands and feet (neuropathy) and on sore spots (myofascial trigger points) and on small injuries/wounds. But I accidentally broke it, hence looking to replace it. Had planned to just get the solid red 660 nm array again, but the red/infrared/yellow one looks very interesting.
Anyone have any opinions of which is better?
Thx,
sara n.

johnsmith

I'd like to make a positive review for www.lowbluelights.com

I ordered their night light and it was exactly what I was hopping for. Perfect brightness with a warm yellow/orange glow.

I also ordered two of their "13W 120V Compact Fluorescent" lights. At first I didn't like it due to its lemon yellow glow. It took about two weeks to get used to it. But I would now order it all over again, even though it was a bit pricey with shipping to Canada.

biggirlkisss

you want clear bulbs because these block orange light and yes less blue the better more red and orange the better.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
LifeGivingStore MBL1 - Orange & Red Light Therapy "Mini" Body Light - 610nm - 630nm - 670nm Life Giving Store 6
LifeGivingStore BL11 - Orange, Red, And Infrared Bodylight Life Giving Store 19
LifeGivingStore PL1 - Orange And Red Light Therapy Pod Light Life Giving Store 9
biggirlkisss Does Water Block Orange To Red 600-670nm? Ask For Help or Advice 2
LifeGivingStore LGS11 - Orange, Red & Infrared Light Therapy Handheld Device - 620nm - 670nm - 760nm - 830nm Life Giving Store 1
LifeGivingStore BL1 - Orange & Red Light Therapy Body Light - 610nm - 630nm - 670nm Life Giving Store 14
LifeGivingStore LGS1 - Orange & Red Light Therapy Handheld Device - 610nm - 630nm - 670nm Life Giving Store 139
biggirlkisss the limits with red and orange light Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 21
OccamzRazer Handheld red light has changed my life! Testimonials 42
charlie Charles Barkley Dropping Red Pills The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 4
J Are red light devices safe for eyes? Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 1
J Am I good to eat red meat with H63D gene as long as i donate blood, eat iron rich foods with calcium Minerals 0
R 660nm red light full body panels - NO IR Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 10
AlexR Red Light Nearly DOUBLES Muscle Growth From Training Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 35
Q Taking thyroid vs red light on thyroid? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 5
F Your Red Light Therapy experience? Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 0
S Flaky, red skin, itchyness and poo pebble bowl movements Skin 50
J Incredible Craving for Fatty Red Meat Diet 16
bzmazu Solutions: The Thick Red Line Rant or Rave 0
S Red marks on face sometimesa little bit flaky if I rubbed them Skin 10
G Any ideas on how to boost chronic low red blood count? Ask For Help or Advice 8
T Red Light Mini - Red Light Man - What Is Best Dosage To Treat Hair Loss/thinning? Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 0
Such_Umami What Are Good Red Light Therapy Devices? Ask For Help or Advice 4
Lokzo Eat Red Meat Without TMAO Increase? Metabolism 3
Epik Coca Cola Energy Vs Red Bull Soda (Mexican Coke, Pepsi, etc.) 9
I Red Light On The Balls What Dosage And Time Is Safe? Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 3
haidut Red Light Therapy For Parkinson Disease (PD) Begins Human Trials Scientific Studies 0
D Red Dots On Chest ? Ask For Help or Advice 11
B Methylene Blue And Red Light Cure Tinea Versicolor Scientific Studies 1
G Tick Bite With Red Mark Animals 22
R People That Use Red Light Daily/often, Where Do You Usually Use It? Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 12
pauljacob Is This Red Light OK To Use? Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 6
R (PICS) Red Dots All Over Scalp/head Hair & Nails 1
L Declining Eyesight Improved By Looking At Deep Red Light Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 24
C Does Red Light Create Vitamin D? Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 5
Such_Umami Are These Bulbs Good For Red Light? Ask For Help or Advice 0
S Red Specks On Stool, Intestinal Bleeding? Digestion 1
J Red Meat And Bad Sleep - Iron Overload? Insomnia, Sleep Issues 11
A Selling Infrared Mini 830 (from Red Light Man) Merchant Forums 1
V Red Spots In My Face, Constantly Bloating And Really Stressed And Overthinking Skin 5
jzeno Red Light: Does Anyone Actually Enjoy Red Brooder Heat Lamps More Than The LED Infrared Lights? Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 31
Hans Red Light And Eye Health Experiments 35
Hans Red And Infrared Light's Benefit Is Not Through Cytochrome C Scientific Studies 27
ecstatichamster This Flu Makes Coke And Red Bull Taste Bitter Ask For Help or Advice 0
B Just Had First Red Bull. How About Ray Bull? Ray Peat Topics 10
Velve921 Best Portable Red Light Device For Traveling? Metabolism 3
Inaut 074. Is Red Light A Missing Nutrient For Our Health? Podcast With Dr. Michael Hamblin Light 3
RWilly Do We Get Red Light In A Sunny Room? Miscellaneous Health Discussions 5
hiconscience Amazing Insight On Red Light Therapy Light 20
K Latest Thoughts On Red Light For Testosterone Boosting Dosages? Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 1