Red meat and gelatin give me dry fingers and small painful bumps.

Trude

I wonder why things like red meat, gelatin, bonebroth and such give me dry cracking skin with painfull small bumps under skin on my fingers.
I do wonder if chicken do it too, still have alot for the time even though i have not eaten much red meat last week or two.
Hcl helps some but not much.

TheSir

- Histamine from bone broth could cause them.
- slow transit time & putrefaction of meat in the intestines
- if betacarotene consumption goes too high I start to develop bumps in my fingers. Got some last summer after gorging on watermelons.

Hans

Forum Supporter
I wonder why things like red meat, gelatin, bonebroth and such give me dry cracking skin with painfull small bumps under skin on my fingers.
I do wonder if chicken do it too, still have alot for the time even though i have not eaten much red meat last week or two.
Have you tried the red meat on its own without broth or gelatin?

K

Kaur Singh

Would you post a photo of your fingers, when it happens?

OP
T

Trude

Would you post a photo of your fingers, when it happens?
Right now i don't have that many bumps just red dry skin that itches alot.
20211003_192717.jpg
20211003_192704.jpg

They feel worse then they look.

This two often looks like what i get
0ad4750c548c49a085f6007a9fec013b.jpeg

Dyshidrotic-eczema-fingers-canva.jpg

Hugh Johnson

Just stop eating meat for a year or so. It might go away. Most problems do.

OP
T

Trude

Just stop eating meat for a year or so. It might go away. Most problems do.
I struggle to get enough food without meat and can't have dairy and starch. And i start to crave meat after a week.

清貴杉山

I struggle to get enough food without meat and can't have dairy and starch. And i start to crave meat after a week.
why not switch the red meat for white meat or fish?i barely eat any red meat ,just when i really crave it,i go most of the time with lean chicken and pork

Jam

Causes​

The exact causes of dyshidrosis are unknown. Food allergens may be involved in certain cases.[11] Cases studies have implicated a wide range of foods including tuna, tomato, pineapple, chocolate, coffee, and spices among others.[11] A number of studies have implicated balsam of Peru.[11] A 2013 study found that dyshydrosis on the hands increased among those allergic to house dust mites, following inhalation of house dust mite allergen.[14]

Id reaction and irritant contact dermatitis are possible causes.[8]

OP
T

Trude

why not switch the red meat for white meat or fish?i barely eat any red meat ,just when i really crave it,i go most of the time with lean chicken and pork
I am very sick of chicken and fish, i eat alot of shrimps, scampi and scalops. Not cheap food and last two is farmed.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Yes. I don't eat broth or gelatin anymore. Liver almost worse then red meat.
It might be due to iron or copper overload. I've been eating a tonne of liver a few years ago and started developing issues, such as dry skin and sensitive eyes. I had this weird dry spot in the middle of my forehead. When I was consuming mostly milk, it went away. When I consumed liver or oysters, it came back. I haven't looked at my iron or copper stores, but I wonder if I might not be related to those minerals.

ursidae

What kind of red meat? I’ve found lamb to be a lot less problematic than beef. High in B6 and zinc with a lot less iron, and easier to digest.

OP
T

Trude

It might be due to iron or copper overload. I've been eating a tonne of liver a few years ago and started developing issues, such as dry skin and sensitive eyes. I had this weird dry spot in the middle of my forehead. When I was consuming mostly milk, it went away. When I consumed liver or oysters, it came back. I haven't looked at my iron or copper stores, but I wonder if I might not be related to those minerals.
I guess the only way is just to stay away from high iron foods and wait. I have been eating red meat mostly every day the last year or two. Before that carnivore for half a year.

OP
T

Trude

What kind of red meat? I’ve found lamb to be a lot less problematic than beef. High in B6 and zinc with a lot less iron, and easier to digest.
Lamb gives me the same issues. So beef, lamb and liver

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals