Red Light Time Of Day + Duration

I realize this is mostly unchartered territory. I'm curious about the optimum time of day and duration of infra/red light sessions. In my case, it's thyroid, but I'm assuming similar principles should exist no matter the targeted area, so long as you calculate the relative dose.

Has anyone generated meaningful data through experimentation about the best time of day to use red light, and optimum session lengths?

I suppose it could be tracked by monitoring positive changes in the days and weeks after sessions e.g. pulse, temp, etc - and potential negative changes in the same criteria or elicited stress response when overdoing it.

I've heard people state "10-15 minutes max", "take 2 days off between sessions, "do no more than 20 sessions a week", "do up to 60 minutes every day", and other somewhat contradictory data. The studies I've read (related to thyroid specifically) are also very vague and don't explain exactly what the protocol was. This is leaving aside even more variables like static holding Vs moving the light, etc.

What's your view and experience?

I'm currently conducting my own experiments for thyroid with some tentative short term positive results - and will post results here after a month. I'm keeping a spreadsheet of all the data and vitals, and will tweak a few variables for month 2 to see if there are any statistically significant differences.

Johnson

sele

10-15 minutes max gives me the best results. Everyday. Static holding, of course.

Sucrates

I think some of the things people are claiming could be dangerous, or harmful in the short term. there's a study showing alterations in cells from 250mW/cm2 for 30 mins in rodents. I've measured one of the 850nm IR Illuminators at about 200mW/cm2.
Standard dosing (if such a thing existed, it doesn't) would be 4-8 joules per point for 4-8 points. Of course then the question is what is a point, or how large is the aperture, if laser etc. Anyway those devices would output 4J per cm2 in 20 seconds. There's a biphasic dose response, meaning just above the effective dose there's inhibition, cancelling the effect.
You need to ask about power with time, even then it's in a narrow window of power.
I would read Valtsus articles on red light and thyroid, the article on biphasic dose response of LLLT and look up WALT recommendations to get some idea of what ranges are used in other areas. I wouldn't shine these lights on your thyroid (or genitals) unless you know what you have and what you want to do with it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals