Red Light Therapy / LLLT Cures Hypothyroid?

Hashimode

I started Infared Light therapy last night, using the Aweek 850nm 60 Leds IR Illuminators CCTV Lighting IR device. Removed the glass, and of course taped over the sensor. Used it for 15 minutes while I watched TV. Kept it just a bit closer than chin distance the entire time.

This morning, my temperature was 97.7 ... which is the highest it's been since I started tracking my morning temperature 2 weeks ago. Normally, I am in the 97.1 range.

I plan on using it 3x per week, 15 minutes per session and will be sure to take at least 1 day off between sessions.

Thank you to everyone in this thread for posting such great information. :hattip

Dan W

Vladimir / Valtsu has succumbed to everyone's badgering and added a donate button to his site. So for those of us (like me) who've benefited from his ridiculous amount of light therapy information, consider donating a bit here:
http://valtsus.blogspot.fi/

OP
Strongbad

Strongbad

Well, my temperature was constantly 98.6-99 then slowly dropped back again to low 97.9 to 98.2 last month. I suspect because my body is still full of pufa and free fatty acids so I'm back to hypo again. Weird since I don't consume that much pufa anymore.

So then I decided to do the very low fat, almost fat free diet starting last month. My fat intake only comes only from shrimps and oysters. No more coconut oil, no more egg, no more butter, no more liver (replaced by shrimps and oysters for nutrition). I consume about 4 grams (max) of fat per day, usually I consume about 2 grams of fat nodaways.

I'll do this fat free diet for at least 6 months to deplete PUFA to minimum (not zero, that's impossible). I also resumed LLLT therapy again for another 5 weeks.

I'm doing 8 minutes each side of thyroid with the aweek NIR device, every other day. So far nothing has changed but I think it probably takes 10 sessions or so.

reddlee

I've been using the smaller Aweek 850 nm unit for 20 min every two or three days pressed directly against the neck over the thyroid. Temps consistently rise 0.5 to 1.0 degrees F each each time I use it.

Hevel

I am currently using a 850nm device(bought it from here: eBay link), I'm still not sure whether it's working properly, the emitted light is barely visible in a brightly lit room, is that how it's supposed to be?

OP
Strongbad

Strongbad

Hevel said:
post 119392 I am currently using a 850nm device(bought it from here: eBay link), I'm still not sure whether it's working properly, the emitted light is barely visible in a brightly lit room, is that how it's supposed to be?

Yes that's how it's supposed to be. To the naked eye, that is. But to cameras/cellphones the light is a lot brighter. Try to take selfie with the device on. You'll see the light.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hevel

I did my 5th session today, body temperature is still low but I do notice slight improvements(less fatigue, reduced neck swelling), after the 10th session I'll consider trying a stronger device(90w instead of 18w) to see if it would have a bigger effect.

m_arch

Better mood, slow but noticeable hair growth, less stress, pulse around 85BPM-ish, better digestion, no more lower right abdominal pain, sleep better.

Before red light therapy, I was Peating for almost 4 months. Mediocre results. Pain in lower right abdominal, hair shedding like crazy (sooooo much faster and severe than before I started Peating), occasional panic attack and adrenaline rush due to adrenal fatigue, whacked metabolism, body temperature around 96F to high 97F. Clearly hypothyroid and Peating couldn't fix it.

After red light therapy / infrared / LLLT, all those problems are gone. Some problems disappeared within 1 or 2 sessions, some disappeared after 3 or 4 sessions. I've done 7 out of 10 sessions total so far. 2 sessions per week.
Hi Strongbad,

What was your pulse like before starting this experiment?

OP
Strongbad

Strongbad

Un
Hi Strongbad,

What was your pulse like before starting this experiment?

Unfortunately I never recorded the pulse during the session :( If I were to redo this experiment again, I'll add that into the routine report.

m_arch

Un

Unfortunately I never recorded the pulse during the session :( If I were to redo this experiment again, I'll add that into the routine report.
I mean before the session, or around the time you started using red light therapy vs when you finished red light therapy (and had higher temps).

You've inspired me with this thread - I bought a device today :P

OP
Strongbad

Strongbad

I mean before the session, or around the time you started using red light therapy vs when you finished red light therapy (and had higher temps).

You've inspired me with this thread - I bought a device today :p

Yeah, I didn't record any pulse during this experiment at all, sorry :(

The effect did last me a few months before I went back to being hypo again. I found out that I'm suffering from candida overgrowth so that's what I'm working on fixing at the moment. Candida overgrowth causes hypothyroidism and suppressed liver, kidney and immune system.

[ moderator edit: replies regarding candida moved to Candida Overgrowth. What To Do Now? ]

Last edited by a moderator:

m_arch

Update for anyone interested -

Since using the 850nm red light on my thyroid (used 3 times now - it arrived 15 days ago) I've been able to achieve 98.6F, before this my max temp was 98.06F. The average temp from 97.8 to 98. The average pulse from 59 to 67.

My resting pulse has also gone up from a max of 66 up to 74.

So far I've been doing: 1L orange juice, 1L lactose free fat free milk per day. Take 500 UI vit E, haiduts oxidal / estroban / pansterone / progestene and yesterday started a carlsons k2 supplement.

The red light causes a hard immediate drop in temperature - today I woke up with 36.1C after using it last night. But then it seems to climb back up higher than its ever been.

Seems legit so far.

drew

I started Infared Light therapy last night, using the Aweek 850nm 60 Leds IR Illuminators CCTV Lighting IR device. Removed the glass, and of course taped over the sensor. Used it for 15 minutes while I watched TV. Kept it just a bit closer than chin distance the entire time.

This morning, my temperature was 97.7 ... which is the highest it's been since I started tracking my morning temperature 2 weeks ago. Normally, I am in the 97.1 range.

I plan on using it 3x per week, 15 minutes per session and will be sure to take at least 1 day off between sessions.

Thank you to everyone in this thread for posting such great information. :hattip

Why 3x per week, 15 minutes per session? Is that what was performed in one of the studies?

forterpride

Yes that's how it's supposed to be. To the naked eye, that is. But to cameras/cellphones the light is a lot brighter. Try to take selfie with the device on. You'll see the light.

So if we bought the 850 nm like this one below...could we also use that for the testicles to increase testosterone? or we need a different light for that? Thanks Strongbad. I'm trying to get the most bang for my buck here and hopefully can use one device for two things.

Aweek® 850nm 60 Leds IR Illuminators CCTV Lighting IR Infrared Illuminator Light LED infrared light CCTV Camera Night-vision Fill Light Array Led IR Light for CCTV Security Camera Night Vision Outdoor

OP
Strongbad

Strongbad

So if we bought the 850 nm like this one below...could we also use that for the testicles to increase testosterone? or we need a different light for that? Thanks Strongbad. I'm trying to get the most bang for my buck here and hopefully can use one device for two things.

Aweek® 850nm 60 Leds IR Illuminators CCTV Lighting IR Infrared Illuminator Light LED infrared light CCTV Camera Night-vision Fill Light Array Led IR Light for CCTV Security Camera Night Vision Outdoor

850nm works but it's overkill. 660nm works as well without penetrating deep into your testicles. The reference study is here somewhere in this thread (I posted it). That CCTV is similar to what I have, BTW

forterpride

850nm works but it's overkill. 660nm works as well without penetrating deep into your testicles. The reference study is here somewhere in this thread (I posted it). That CCTV is similar to what I have, BTW

K. So 850 for the thyroid...660 for Testicles? Thanks!

Last edited:

milk_lover

I assume shining red light (660 nm) on the thyroid region will work as well as 850 nm? My thyroid gland becomes enlarged after doing so multiple times. I've probably overdone it. Time to tame my fascination with red light magic :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals