Red Light Therapy / LLLT Cures Hypothyroid?

Zachs

Strongbad, so the only positives you have noticed are a raise in body temp?

OP
Strongbad

Strongbad

Zachs said:
Strongbad, so the only positives you have noticed are a raise in body temp?

Better mood, slow but noticeable hair growth, less stress, pulse around 85BPM-ish, better digestion, no more lower right abdominal pain, sleep better.

Before red light therapy, I was Peating for almost 4 months. Mediocre results. Pain in lower right abdominal, hair shedding like crazy (sooooo much faster and severe than before I started Peating), occasional panic attack and adrenaline rush due to adrenal fatigue, whacked metabolism, body temperature around 96F to high 97F. Clearly hypothyroid and Peating couldn't fix it.

After red light therapy / infrared / LLLT, all those problems are gone. Some problems disappeared within 1 or 2 sessions, some disappeared after 3 or 4 sessions. I've done 7 out of 10 sessions total so far. 2 sessions per week.

Zachs

Interesting. Are you going to buy an ICES machine? How many different setups do you use now?

bailadora

I am 2.5 weeks in. Using the red light almost daily on feet', mouth/teeth & scalp. 2xs/wk on neck area for thyroid
Waking Temps consistently 98+
Major stress relief-I am lead on a huge project at work and I would normally be stressing a lot but am really more relaxed and thinking clearly-this is the biggest +++++ for red light therapy
Hair shed has almost stopped in brush and in shower; noticing increased growth along hair line
Sleep improvements-can drop off to sleep now instead of tossing and worrying about it-big ++++
Rough heels are mostly smooth now
The tonsure area on my scalp no longer tender-possible indication of high prolactin

I have been trying to avoid pufa for over 3 years. Eat mostly low fat dairy lots of fruit fresh and dried lean meats coffee sugar 1% milk b vitamins progest e. Coming from a very high estrogen dominant background with unbalanced hormones. Hair shed was increasing prior to this and waking temps were somewhat erratic with upper 97 and lower 98 s. Stubborn fat gain. Addressing this with low fat eating plan.
The red light is working so well that I'm thinking of investing in a larger model to cover larger body areas-I have a dual model infrared 880nm/660 red light that is the size of my hand.

OP
Strongbad

Strongbad

Zachs said:
Interesting. Are you going to buy an ICES machine? How many different setups do you use now?

Only 880nm and 660nm for now. That ICES machine is intriguing, but I have to do more research before deciding to get it or not. 429 bucks is so expensive compared to 880nm and 660nm LEDs combined.

bailadora said:
I am 2.5 weeks in. Using the red light almost daily on feet', mouth/teeth & scalp. 2xs/wk on neck area for thyroid
Waking Temps consistently 98+
Major stress relief-I am lead on a huge project at work and I would normally be stressing a lot but am really more relaxed and thinking clearly-this is the biggest +++++ for red light therapy
Hair shed has almost stopped in brush and in shower; noticing increased growth along hair line
Sleep improvements-can drop off to sleep now instead of tossing and worrying about it-big ++++
Rough heels are mostly smooth now
The tonsure area on my scalp no longer tender-possible indication of high prolactin

I have been trying to avoid pufa for over 3 years. Eat mostly low fat dairy lots of fruit fresh and dried lean meats coffee sugar 1% milk b vitamins progest e. Coming from a very high estrogen dominant background with unbalanced hormones. Hair shed was increasing prior to this and waking temps were somewhat erratic with upper 97 and lower 98 s. Stubborn fat gain. Addressing this with low fat eating plan.
The red light is working so well that I'm thinking of investing in a larger model to cover larger body areas-I have a dual model infrared 880nm/660 red light that is the size of my hand.

:partydance :rockout I'd say that our experiences are very similar. Less stress, hair growth, better temps, sleeps etc. It's crazy that you've been Peating (I assume) for 3+ years. That's perseverance.

bailadora

I didn't jump into 100% peating-it's been a gradual process for me for those 3 years. At first I focused mainly in balancing hormones which were seriously out of whack. And then implementing things and watching the effects. Something experiments were disasters-I pushed myself really hard without adequate nutrition and started having insomnia.
Let's face it-there's no play book here and mostly we have n=1 except when others post their experiences and then we can sometimes riff off those successfully.
I am still a work I progress. I feel good most of the time. The red light helps with stress ALOT. And I'm slowly losing weight with low fat eating.
I'm a lot better off than I was 4 years ago that's fo sho. :D

Zachs

These lights seem pretty miraculous. Why do you have to do it in sessions, is there any negatives?

OP
Strongbad

Strongbad

Because red light therapy is like working out at the gym. Pumping iron stimulates muscle growth, but the actual muscle growth happens when you rest or sleep. The healing process happens on off days, hence sessions.

Zachs

Ironbad, if you were to rebuy a light for thyroid therapy, which one would you buy? Same for skin and hair?

Have you messed around with just red light therapy for general health?

Dean

Noodlz said:
I'm about to start my first of ten 10-15 minute sessions with this lamp.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QM3KI7E?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00
It's 850 nm and has 60 LEDs.

Just wondering if this seems reasonable. I'll report back on any results.

Also, does anyone know if shining this at the abdominable region would have any effect on digestion or liver function?

Are you having any luck with this device?

I just received it in the mail. Is it not supposed to illuminate, or did I get a defective one? Also, are you supposed to take off the glass panel covering?

Zachs

Dean, it is infrared which means you won't be able to see the light. It is meant to illuminate night vision cameras.

I also ordered a 850nm and 2 650nm lights. Also two heat lamps. Will be some fun experiments.

Dean

Zachs said:
Dean, it is infrared which means you won't be able to see the light. It is meant to illuminate night vision cameras.

I also ordered a 850nm and 2 650nm lights. Also two heat lamps. Will be some fun experiments.

ok, thanks. So, it doesn't heat up either then? I guess you just have to go on faith that it works. Just a little concerned because the box it came in had been retaped shut. Guess I'll just presume it works and see what happens.

What about the glass cover panel? Thought I had read somewhere that was to be removed. Can't find the reference now though.

Good luck with your experiments. I plan to try it about everywhere and anywhere myself.

ravster02

not sure why people are saying you won't be able to see the light because you will, it's red for a reason.

since the device is for night vision there's a little black sensor on it so it knows when it's night time and so it'll only work when it's dark. do what I did and block it with some tape to fool it into thinking it's night time 24/7

OP
Strongbad

Strongbad

Dean said:
What about the glass cover panel? Thought I had read somewhere that was to be removed. Can't find the reference now though.

Yes, the glass must be removed. It hinders the infrared light from being fully effective.

And like everyone else said, block the center sensor either by tape or cover the back of the panel with blanket or anything to fool the sensor that it's dark outside.

The higher the (nm) wavelength, the more invisible the light is to naked eye.

OP
Strongbad

Strongbad

Zachs said:
Ironbad, if you were to rebuy a light for thyroid therapy, which one would you buy? Same for skin and hair?

Have you messed around with just red light therapy for general health?

I'd have bought the same unit. Affordable and effective :)

660nm is for anything surface related like skin and hair, 850nm for anything deeper like thyroid, liver, kidney, intestines etc.

I've played around with lighting up kidney, liver, adrenal gland for 5 minutes each. The body feels warm immediately. And you can feel they're pumping up more hormones than usual. In a good way.

Dean

Appreciate the info and excusing my idiocy.

Have you used the 850 on your head, for brain function? Not implying you need it. I'd like to try it for depression and cognitive function. The self-hacked guy that was linked to apparently does for very short periods (15 seconds or so, if I recall correctly). I think he uses the lesser nm device though.

Anybody see a problem with me using the 850 on my hat rack to turn me into a happy genius-- so I don't have to ask stupid questions anymore?

Dean

Dean said:

Have you used the 850 on your head, for brain function? Not implying you need it. I'd like to try it for depression and cognitive function. The self-hacked guy that was linked to apparently does for very short periods (15 seconds or so, if I recall correctly). I think he uses the lesser nm device though.

Anybody see a problem with me using the 850 on my "hat rack" to turn me into a happy genius-- so I don't have to ask stupid questions anymore?

Zachs

I plan on using it everywhere to see what happens. Lol. I should probably do more research.

Just using the dual heat lamps I bought has definitely helped with energy and bodytemps. I know they aren't as optimal as halogens or incandescent for the 600-800nm wavelengths but they are cheap and sure are warm. Easy to look at too, it doesn't hurt your eyes even though they are very bright. I think I'll buy two more and make a makeshift tanning bed.

Brian

Dean said:

Anybody see a problem with me using the 850 on my hat rack to turn me into a happy genius-- so I don't have to ask stupid questions anymore?

The actual protocol that experimenters have come up with is starting with 10 seconds per side of your head aiming for the hypothalumus (except don't do the back). Then working up to 2 minutes total, so eventually only 30 seconds per side. Also it's only twice per week.

The proposed mechanism is decreasing inflammation and increasing ATP and the main reported improvements are in ability to concentrate harder for longer periods and possibly some systemic benefits from hitting the hypothalamus.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals