Red Light Nearly DOUBLES Muscle Growth From Training

AlexR

Results​

CG presented no changes in any variable throughout the study, while eccentric training led to significant increases in muscle thickness and peak torque in TG and TLG. Subjects from TLG reached significantly higher percent changes compared to subjects from TG for sum of muscles’ thicknesses (15.4 vs. 9.4 %), isometric peak torque (20.5 vs. 13.7 %), and eccentric peak torque (32.2 vs. 20.0 %).

Conclusion​

LLLT applied before eccentric training sessions seems to improve the hypertrophic response and muscular strength gain in healthy subjects.
Buying a red light panel was a top 5 purchase I have made. I started off with a smaller portable panel, but ended up pulling the trigger and buying a full body panel as the results were so impressive. Red light is as close to a steroid cycle as I would believe one can get. For me, it nearly instantaneously reduces the soreness from lifting and energizes me so I can train more frequently than I could have without it. I was also able to recover 90 percent of my previous strength after five years off and a lot of the size I had too, which aligns exactly with what this study shows. Add the muscle gain effects to the increased testosterone and enhanced cognition and it’s a no-brainer why red light is one of the most powerful health interventions one can do.

Kram

How often do you use yours and for how long? I need to start putting mine to use.

OP
AlexR

AlexR

How often do you use yours and for how long? I need to start putting mine to use.
About ten minutes a day and 2-3 minutes each way front, back, and then both sides. Sometimes I take a day off if I feel like I overdid it as it can you make you feel tired in excess.

OP
AlexR

AlexR

Can you please share a link of the product?
The first link is the smaller panel I initially bought and the second link is the larger, nearly full-body panel. This brand by far has the best price as it’s like half to one third of the price of the other ones and is the exact same specifications. I think they just buy them in bulk from China and have them stamp their brand name on it lol.

Nomane Euger

The first link is the smaller panel I initially bought and the second link is the larger, nearly full-body panel. This brand by far has the best price as it’s like half to one third of the price of the other ones and is the exact same specifications. I think they just buy them in bulk from China and have them stamp their brand name on it lol.
Do you know from your research on the topic if exposure to red light frequency from the sun April to October can provide all the benefits or these devices,if yes is there specific hours?

OP
AlexR

AlexR

Do you know from your research on the topic if exposure to red light frequency from the sun April to October can provide all the benefits or these devices,if yes is there specific hours?
I would assume that the sun gives different benefits because it gives the full spectrum of light. However, compared to the red light panel, the sun can’t penetrate as deeply or isolate the red light wavelength that people don’t get as much of from being under flourescent lights and modern lighting. These panels are extremely bright and concentrated and deliver a very potent dose of red light where they are pointed.

Quelsatron

You don't have to pay 1000 bucks for that amount of light, it's easy to find chinese manufacturers. I bought a spotlight that i later found costing 1/5th the amount from china

GelatinGoblin

You don't have to pay 1000 bucks for that amount of light, it's easy to find chinese manufacturers. I bought a spotlight that i later found costing 1/5th the amount from china
you can get it for free if your sky is clear and best if your air isn't too dusty, typically after rain and sunny day is best, and your not in a city or close to an outdoor area. Take off your shirt in the morning and afternoon when the sun is seemingly Red, that's Red Light all free with the addition of stunned mothers and school children looking at you shirtless in minus degree whether in the park

OP
AlexR

AlexR

I also posted a panel that costs less than a quarter of the price and guarantees the correct wavelengths that a spotlight can’t. It is also extremely bright and the dose delivered can be calculated easily. I bought the larger panel because it evenly hits most of my body saving me a lot of time.

Hans

Forum Supporter
A little more detail about the study. They used untrained individuals and did eccentric only training, which will induce the most muscle damage. Right before each training session, they applied a diode for 30 sec on 8 different spots on each leg. So according to the study, shining 810nm red light (from a panel) for only 30 sec on each leg should be sufficient to dramatically reduce fatigue and muscle damage (and boost hypertrophy) (although a light panel is not the same as a diode ofc).

Although I'm not saying red light is not anabolic, the main reason why red light was anabolic is because it reduces fatigue and muscle soreness, thus the individuals could do more volume and get better gains. I'd like to see this study in trained individuals. I'm sure it will still have a positive effect, but nowhere close to double the gains.

Red light has to be done right before the session to have an ergogenic effect, but after each session should still help with muscle recovery. So it's more of a recovery tool than an anabolic agent so to speak. Red light is very beneficial nonetheless.

Last edited:
OP
AlexR

AlexR

you can get it for free if your sky is clear and best if your air isn't too dusty, typically after rain and sunny day is best, and your not in a city or close to an outdoor area. Take off your shirt in the morning and afternoon when the sun is seemingly Red, that's Red Light all free with the addition of stunned mothers and school children looking at you shirtless in minus degree whether in the park
You can’t get the red light you would need to stimulate muscle growth in the same way the study does. Sunlight does not penetrate nearly as deep and it doesn’t deliver red light in the therapeutic doses needed for this specific effect. This thread is about stimulating muscle growth from red light, not about red light in general.

rei

I can vouch for this, red light in non-placebo amounts is miraculous. 50W LED is where the real fun starts. 100W for half/whole body treatment. 200W ifm you want to feel like being under southern sun while consuming copious amounts of baking soda. If you get enough red light you will feel tingling in your extremeties like the blood would be carbonated.

OP
AlexR

AlexR

A little more detail about the study. They used untrained individuals and did eccentric only training, which will induce the most muscle damage. Right before each training session, they applied a diode for 30 sec on 8 different spots on each leg. So according to the study, shining 810nm red light (from a panel) for only 30 sec on each leg should be sufficient to dramatically reduce fatigue and muscle damage (and boost hypertrophy) (although a light panel is not the same as a diode ofc).

Although I'm not saying red light is not anabolic, the main reason why red light was anabolic is because it reduces fatigue and muscle soreness, thus the individuals could do more volume and get better gains. I'd like to see this study in trained individuals. I'm sure it will still have a positive effect, but nowhere close to double the gains.

Red light has to be done right before the session to have an ergogenic effect, but after each session should still help with muscle recovery. So it's more of a recovery tool than an anabolic agent so to speak. Red light is very beneficial nonetheless.
The study controlled for volume:
Eccentric training program
Volunteers allocated in TG and TLG were engaged in an 8-week knee extensor eccentric training program. Training sessions were performed twice a week (except for the 1st and 5th weeks), with a minimum interval of 72 h between ses- sions. Subjects performed only one training session in the 1st training week to allow for progressive introduction to the training regimen and to avoid having participants undertake an exercise session in the presence of clinical symptoms of exercise-induced muscle damage, such as delayed onset mus- cle soreness (Byrne et al. 2004). At the 5th training week, only one training session was performed because the training volume was increased from three to four sets of 10 maximal eccentric contractions.
I'm not exactly sure which study you are reading, but this one definitely made sure to keep the volume consistent as to not muddy the results. It doesn't matter that the individuals were untrained. They had enough control groups that were untrained and in comparison to those groups, the red light group experienced nearly double the muscle growth and greater strength gains. Red light has all kinds of beneficial effects and muscle recovery takes hours, so it's not true that there is such a short window of time to use the red light in order to get these benefits.

Quelsatron

I can vouch for this, red light in non-placebo amounts is miraculous. 50W LED is where the real fun starts. 100W for half/whole body treatment. 200W ifm you want to feel like being under southern sun while consuming copious amounts of baking soda. If you get enough red light you will feel tingling in your extremeties like the blood would be carbonated.
I think the tingling is the nitric oxide being released from the mitochondria.
I also posted a panel that costs less than a quarter of the price and guarantees the correct wavelengths that a spotlight can’t. It is also extremely bright and the dose delivered can be calculated easily. I bought the larger panel because it evenly hits most of my body saving me a lot of time.
Yeah but the chinese spotlight i found gives you 14 12 diode lamps for the price of that small panel. Point is, these devices are heavily overpriced due to the sciency hype, you could build maximal power setups while saving hundreds of dollars which should be in the interest of anyone who values their money.

OP
AlexR

AlexR

Mind sharing what neurofeedback equipment you purchased? Thanks.
The main device I use is the pocket neurobics Q-Wiz and Bioexplorer. However, I would highly recommend against doing neurofeedback unless you have exhausted all your options and you still feel like whatever you are going through is unbearable. It is extremely powerful and can have a lot of unintended consequences and trade-offs. Also, not everyone does neurofeedback the same way as the protocols can greatly differ and they all have vastly different effects. It's also something that takes a long time to learn on your own and is better off doing with a skilled practitioner and even then it can be a risk.

OP
AlexR

AlexR

I think the tingling is the nitric oxide being released from the mitochondria.

Yeah but the chinese spotlight i found gives you 14 12 diode lamps for the price of that small panel. Point is, these devices are heavily overpriced due to the sciency hype, you could build maximal power setups while saving hundreds of dollars which should be in the interest of anyone who values their money.
It’s the same price though??

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom