Red Light Making A Big Difference

OP
A

asajulian

Some more noteworthy changes:

- I would often wonder why I could drink like crazy during the summer (container of OJ, pepsi, milk, coffee) and have no issues of water retention at all. But then winter comes and returning to my desk job brings up horrible water retention issues. There must be a dramatic increase of thyroid function being under the red light that accounts for this.

- Another thing I notice within 10 minutes under the lights is lots of saliva production (which is another sign of increased thyroid function).

- (In case no one saw my above post) I had a consistent white tongue, which has turned pink as a result. (probably has to do with the increased saliva) I've been taking around 30K vitamin A per day.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
j. said:
Charlie said:
I am under 2 250 watt infrared lamps, 1 500 watt halogen, and 1 150 watt incandescent light for a total of 1150 watts. If I had more power available to me I think I would go for a little more. :lol:

Any difference in well-being?

Incredible difference.

asajulian said:
Whoa. Are you getting benefits from it? Do you have them shining directly on you?

Incredible benefits, all that would be expected from it. I do notice when all lights are burning I need to refresh my glycogen after about 2 hours max because things are running good and burning fuel.

One 250 watt is in front and above me. Shining downwards.

One 250 watt is to the right and behind me shining on my back and head.

One 500 watt halogen is to the left and behind me shining on back and head. (I do run this one on and off depending on how I feel about it, but lately its been more on then off)

One 150 watt incandescent behind and above me.

As soon as I step out of bed in the morning they all get fired up.

I honestly cannot wait for spring as I plan to spend a lot of time outside this year.

OP
A

asajulian

Charlie said:
Incredible benefits, all that would be expected from it. I do notice when all lights are burning I need to refresh my glycogen after about 2 hours max because things are running good and burning fuel.

That's amazing you said that because I was going to say the same thing. I need to eat and drink a lot more.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
asajulian said:
Charlie said:

That's amazing you said that because I was going to say the same thing. I need to eat and drink a lot more.

Yep, and thats 2 hours max. Probably best to refresh even sooner then that as to cut down on stress etc.

OP
A

asajulian

Charlie said:
asajulian said:
Charlie said:

Yep, and thats 2 hours max. Probably best to refresh even sooner then that as to cut down on stress etc.

Wow, praise the Lord for this forum. This information is really helpful.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:dancenanner

J

j.

Charlie said:
One 250 watt is in front and above me. Shining downwards.

One 250 watt is to the right and behind me shining on my back and head.

One 500 watt halogen is to the left and behind me shining on back and head. (I do run this one on and off depending on how I feel about it, but lately its been more on then off)

One 150 watt incandescent behind and above me.

3D picture or it didn't happen. :P

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Why dont I just send you my light bill instead? :rolling

J

j.

Where I am, it's summer. Sunbathing for even like 5 minutes feels great.

gretchen

I've been using my LED light thingie first thing in the morning for about 15 minutes; seems to boost the energy a little. Red light is actually great for the skin so that's an added bonus.

OP
A

asajulian

Charlie, do you take vitamin A? If so, how much and how do you know how much is enough? Also, how do you balance this with vitamin D? Sometimes I hear 5,000 is enough of vitamin A, then I read of someone having 100k. It is so annoying! I tried to search the forum for "vitamin A" but it doesn't seem to accept exact phrases..

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
No, I eat liver once or twice a week. Every once in a while I will take a couple of drops of nutrisorb on the skin, but not often. I just started taking Vitamin D a couple days ago, so I should probably maybe eat more liver, I dunno, haven't gotten that far yet.

Sorry about the search. I was trying to figure out how to do exact match, but didn't see a way. I will still keep looking into it.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Regarding the search. The search engine for our board does not index phrases, it indexes words. However, we can borrow Google for that. This is the correct code to put into Google, changing inside the parentheses for what you are searching:

"vitamin A" site:www.raypeatforum.com

OP
A

asajulian

Charlie said:
Regarding the search. The search engine for our board does not index phrases, it indexes words. However, we can borrow Google for that. This is the correct code to put into Google, changing inside the parentheses for what you are searching:

"vitamin A" site:www.raypeatforum.com

Thanks!

John Eels

All this light - there are suns shining on you, Charlie. And you are the planet with ever increasing CO2 :). I am impressed by the rapid affects the lights had on you, asajulian.

What's the difference between LED, halogen lights, infrared lamps, and incandescent light bulbs? I am confused about all this light. We want to stimulate the metabolism and red light does it. I get that. What I don't understand is how each different technology affects the metabolism. Is there an ideal solution?

I also don't understand how voltage (v) and the watt (w) influence efficacy. Watt is cumulative and the higher the number the greater the effect. Holds this true for voltage, too? I live in Europe and we run our electrical gear on 220V. Does it pay-off to invest in a voltage converter?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Primal2Peat said:
It seems like all those clamp lamp sockets are only for up to 150W bulbs.

http://www.amazon.com/Woods-0151-Reflec ... sbs_misc_2

Could that cause problems with 250W bulbs?

Anybody use any other types of sockets?

I'd like to just make an array of about 6 bulbs and just lay under them like a tanning bed.

Here you go, it says out of stock but if you look over to the right you will see "2 more choices":

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0061M ... B0061MZ4Q6

John Eels said:
All this light - there are suns shining on you, Charlie. And you are the planet with ever increasing CO2 :). I am impressed by the rapid affects the lights had on you, asajulian.

What's the difference between LED, halogen lights, infrared lamps, and incandescent light bulbs? I am confused about all this light. We want to stimulate the metabolism and red light does it. I get that. What I don't understand is how each different technology affects the metabolism. Is there an ideal solution?

I also don't understand how voltage (v) and the watt (w) influence efficacy. Watt is cumulative and the higher the number the greater the effect. Holds this true for voltage, too? I live in Europe and we run our electrical gear on 220V. Does it pay-off to invest in a voltage converter?

Here is the thread on light therapy:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=187

LED lights target a specific wavelength number, say, 660nm. Halogen, infrared, incandescents, all have a "spectrum" of light covered in their profile. Meaning, they cover a range of light wavelengths. From the blues all the way over to the reds and beyond. Ray Peat says the reds are what take care of the stress effect, he has also said that other wavelengths are needed for different hormones, like the orange wavelengths.

narouz

Charlie-
Where does he talk about the orange wavelengths?
I think I've only heard him discuss the red.