Red Light: Does Anyone Actually Enjoy Red Brooder Heat Lamps More Than The LED Infrared Lights?

Inaut

I just received some 250w 120-130v heat lamps and was wondering if these are what peat has mentioned in the past? Or should I be looking for 130v lights only?

David PS

GenericName86

I've been seriously thinking about getting into red light therapy, was considering something like the mini from red light man, is that not a good option? Would the lights being discussed here be more suitable?

Inaut

@David PS i read the thread already. My question is essentially are my lights (120-130v labeled on the light) the same as 130v? I’m assuming they can run at both voltages but it doesn’t seem to be deep red as haidut pointed out.

David PS

@David PS i read the thread already. My question is essentially are my lights (120-130v labeled on the light) the same as 130v? I’m assuming they can run at both voltages but it doesn’t seem to be deep red as haidut pointed out.

Your correct, the label on your light just means it can operate safely under both voltages. In a later thread Haidut points out that it does not really matter if it is 130V or 120V. This second thread is very short:
Red Light European System - Haidut's Experiment

Last edited:

AlexR

I’ve used both a clear bulb heat lamp and a specialized LED red light system with red and infrared LEDs and the heat lamp does not compare at all to how effective the LEDs are. You can use the LED system for much less time and also feel much better. The heat lamp also causes weird side effects like turning your skin red and causing rashes. The documented results of LED red light therapy are also extremely impressive.

mrchibbs

Both are nice. I use red light as localized therapy (chest, head, neck, gonads etc.)
The heat lamp intermittently throughout the day is very soothing, and the heat plays a big part in that.

orewashin

LED light bulbs buzz for me, maybe because I only tried incandescent sockets with them, so I use an LED grow light. It doesn't buzz, and I don't notice flickering from it either (an earlier post claims LEDs flicker).

Inaut

So I started using my 4 lamp brooder again recently and it’s probably my favourite tool at this point. The feeling is amazing :)

I was doing some thinking today and will eventually test out a set up with 2 (4) lamp brooders. One aimed at my chest/abdominal and the other on my back.. I’d imagine it would get hot very quickly so I’d also test out spacing. I’m also thinking this could be an extremely simple, affordable yet powerful treatment for a host of diseases. Today I was able to maintain a pulse over 70 through the day (very unusual as I’m typically quite low) and I did two 30 minute light sessions.

ps. I was using only 2 lamps for quite a while and noticed benefits but not nearly as pronounced as with 4 lamps. It’s a game changer for me. Leds don’t have the same effect.

schultz

I use incandescents, either a heat bulb or high watt normal incandescents like 500w bulbs. I also sometimes use halogen work lamps that are 500w each. Three of those almost max out a 15a circuit. I enjoy lots of bright light.

Sometimes the heat bulb is just too hot, but if it's the winter and semi-cold I love the warmth.

Inaut