Red Incandescent Or Far Infrared For Long Term Pain?

ReneeAnn

My right hip and my right shoulder have long term pain. It's managed pretty well, though. My shoulder has a rotator cuff complete tear, so it will not heal without surgery, but I'm fine with it as it is. My hip seems to be beyond diagnosis, so I am thinking about trying light therapy.

Which type of light would be better to promote healing and control pain? I also want to use it on my thyroid. And, do I need to wear eye protection?

OP
ReneeAnn

ReneeAnn

Thanks! The 250 watt incandescent red bulbs are much more affordable. I thought I might buy a standing mic stand and one of those chicken coop reflectors to hold the bulb and rig it up to hang over me.

Xisca

I had Heard about health issues on chicks when using these lamps long time ago!

And then it is said that only far infra red are safe... so I am lost....

Did you try something and did you have some results on pain? I have the same on my left side... I think it comes from the jaw, the TMJ....

x-ray peat

I just went through this and its quite the learning curve. Not even close to getting it all I should add. I decided to buy this infrared 850n light.
Amazon.com : CMVision IR110 - 114 LED Indoor/Outdoor Long Range 200-300ft IR Illuminator With Free 2A 12VDC Adaptor : Infrared Motion Detectors : Camera & Photo
I have been using it for about a week on various areas including a partially torn rotator cuff. It has dramatically reduced the pain and I am very happy with it.
I think the 850 n infrared gets to deeper tissue than just the redlight which is better for skin issues like wrinkles or stimulating hair growth.

I have ordered this redlight from a recommendation on rpf but haven't got it yet to report.
Amazon.com : ABI 12W Deep Red 660nm LED Bloom Booster Grow Light Bulb for Flowering and Spectrum Enhancement : Patio, Lawn & Garden

I think these are just as good as the more expensive ones designed and marketed specifically for health. I had a brooder for a while but IMO it gives off too much far infrared heat to get close enough for the near infrared to do its work. I used it on my shoulder and only got temporary relief. The others I posted can be put directly on your skin. hope that helps