Red Ears, Face Flushing 5+ Months In To Peating. What Does It Mean?

I haven't changed anything with my daily routine but am experiencing a facial flushing and red ears that feel warm to the touch. No itchy feeling, just red and warm. I am not sure what this means, it starts up around the same time of day that my body temperature goes >= 98.6. Looking for ideas on what this could mean. I used to get red ears occasionally when I was a kid, but haven't had this happen in at least 20 years. I feel fine, but it looks a little funny - like I've been drinking cheap wine all day.

OP
Captain_Coconut
Well I for one thinks it gives you a warm, youthful glow! Kind of cheery even, like Santy Claus.

Hah! Do you get the RP Glow too? Is this a thing anyone else gets from Peating?

OP
Captain_Coconut
I think I had hay fever a few times when I was a pre-teen. If I’m having some sort of histamine response I would expect to sneeze and to have watery eyes and feel itchy but none of that is happening. I am getting plenty of vitamin d and k and e and a. I also get sun fairly regularly. This actually started up after getting an hour of sun last week, I don’t burn easily and this is not a burn as it hasn’t hurt and also has not diminished. I’m thinking maybe it is some kind of immune issue that my body is resolving now that it has the strength to do so. I think there are a lot of immune issues that get put on hold when ones metabolism is slowed down for an extended period. If it doesn’t pass in a few weeks I will have to start reconsidering my current Peaty routine. I don’t think I’ve ever consumed this much sugar before in my whole life, could it have something to do with that?

sladerunner69

Hah! Do you get the RP Glow too? Is this a thing anyone else gets from Peating?

Unfortunately I have not experienced the red flush you described, I guess I am not committed enough to coconut oil and coffee. I do have very nice looking skin though, and my lips are bright red, I have the about same complexion I did when I was 15 and no lines or wrinkled. I am not sure this will be good for the business world because I wouldn't want to look like a teen in a few years when I am 30, unless I was trying to be a model (and I'm not taking that option of the table either)

fradon

i would get the same thing as a kid...maybe your body is converting too much niacin and you are experiencing a niacin flush?? just a thought. I know they give people with vertigo niacin becasue it increases blood to the ears

OP
Captain_Coconut
Thanks for the thoughts. The thing is I only take niacinamide which is not supposed to cause flushing. Whatever flushing I was getting stopped yesterday thankfully, still not sure what it was from.