Red Dots On Chest ?

danks010101

Hey guys this is something I've had on and off for ages now (google picture linked below)

doctor-examining-man-with-acne-on-his-chest.jpg

Mine aren't quite as inflamed looking as these and are a bit smaller in size, they cause no irritation or itchiness but seem to come and go?

Any ideas?

Could be due to shaving, presume you shave your chest, right?
Could be an exercise related sweat rash, maybe a reaction to clothes detergent.

Tarmander

Do they coincide with any dietary changes? Meat? Dairy?

That is the first thing I would check

Jib

Tinea versicolor. I have this. Clotrimazole helps. Not saying that's what it is, but it looks very similar.

OP
D

danks010101

I don't shave chest, and doesn't seem to coincide with dietary changes AFAIK

I tend to eat 130g protein / 400 g carbs / 40g fat

Milk/OJ/Berries/White Sugar/Casein/Beef/Sweet potato

Could possibly be clothing but not sure

mangoes

It’d honestly be better to see a picture of your chest unless they look exactly like the google pic. Are they raised or flat? How quickly do they come and go? Does anything precede them showing up like getting hot? Are you taking any medication? Only on your upper chest or other places on your body? Do they blanch? How big are they?

Malasezzia folliculitis maybe. Cherry angiomas maybe. Maybe something fungal like suggested earlier. Maybe hives esp if they come and go quickly. Inflammation or infection is likely if erythematous, but not definitive, there’s so many possibilities. Seeing a dermatologist might not be a bad idea coz it’s basically impossible to diagnose without actually seeing a picture. DermNet NZ – All about the skin | DermNet NZ is a good online resource that you can look through to compare pictures. Figuring out the characteristics and medical terminology can help narrow down searches.

OP
D

danks010101

Yeah here's a pic (not the clearest as bad phone camera)

They aren't as red as the original picture but they sort of spread from chest down to upper abdomen region

Untitled.png

OP
D

danks010101

Only medication I take is Atomoxetine but these dots have been going on well before I started that

mangoes

Acne or folliculitis probably (in my opinion). It’s hard to see it but it doesn’t look serious. If it really concerns you, you could see a dermatologist. You could also just try some anti-bacterial or anti-fungal topical treatment to see if it gets better

OP
D

danks010101

Ok, Yeah I'll look into anti fungal/bacterial treatments. I'm not too bothered by it was just curious what it could be, thanks!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals