Rectal Mucous

raypeatclips

Anyone ever get rectal mucous? Sometimes along with my stool there is some mucous, not a lot, maybe about a tsp. Sometimes I feel I need to go to the toilet, just pass wind and there is a bit of mucous, like my anus has sneezed. Doesn't feel particularly bad or anything when it happens. Having 1-2 BM a day, which are smooth, don't think I'm constipated or anything. Anyone any ideas?

madbored

Sounds like hemorrhoids. Could be something in your diet that is causing them to inflame and produce more mucus.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

Do you eat nuts?

Nope.

Sounds like hemorrhoids. Could be something in your diet that is causing them to inflame and produce more mucus.

I've had the basic check at the doctor (just the finger) who said there was no hemmorhoids. I have got "IBS" so its probably something to do with inflammation, other symptoms of inflammation have reduced though.

Could an increase of fat in the diet cause this?

squanch

Yes, I know exactly what you mean.
I've had it in the past when eating something that's allergenic/irritating to the intestines. It happens when I eat very spicy foods for example. Dates and bananas will cause it too for me.

I would look for anything potentially allergenic or irritating that you recently added to your diet

Last edited:
OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

Yes, I know exactly what you mean.
I've had it in the past when eating something that's allergenic/irritating to the intestines. It happens when I eat very spicy foods for example. Dates and bananas will cause it too for me.

I would look for anything potentially allergenic or irritating that you recently added to your diet

I have added mushrooms past 5 days which have increased my bowel movements to around 1-2 per day but other than a suspected hypoglycemic incident I thought it was all okay. Eating more ice cream than usual.

Diokine

I think the mushrooms are particularly caustic to bugs in the gut and are probably causing them to be stressed out. I went through something similar when I started consuming more mushroom, sometimes fatigue and spaced out feelings with loose nasty stool. It went away after about 2 weeks and I could tell something in my gut had changed, much less bloating.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals