Rectal Administration Of Vitamin E For Treatment Of Degenerative Diseases

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

Such_Saturation said:
Doesn't the capsule give you problems?
Not at all. They're gelatin capsules so they dissolve easily and quickly.

lexis said:
What was your dose?
I started at 1200 IUs three times a day, but after I realized that ALL of it is absorbed, I do 800 IUs twice a day. More did seem to have a more significant effect, but even the single capsule 400 dose would have significant effects, especially if done continuously.

lindsay said:
Super interesting! What brand/dose were you using? And I'm guessing it is d-alpha tocopherol??
Yes, only d-alpha tocopherol should ever be used for any Vitamin E supplementation. EDIT: I MEANT NATURAL VITAMIN E... MIXED TOCOPHEROLS IS FINE, BUT SYNTHETIC E, OFTEN ONLY LABLED AS dl-alpha tocopherol, is very toxic.
http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson- ... u-60-sgels

burtlancast said:
What dosages did you use , and for how long ? Did you take your Vit E with food ?
See above...yes I took vitamin e with lots of various foods. I only saw benefit when taken in very high doses with nuts such as almonds, but it was not near as obvious or dependable as what I've seen from this route.

jyb said:
How come in that condition things can be absorbed topically efficiently, but not at all orally? There's a lot of surface contact from the mouth to the rectum, so even if some of it malfunctions...
My guess is that bacteria is probably degrading it somehow?

And yet people can't tolerate gelatin through the mouth?

johns74

If you want to have prostate cancer, you might want d-alpha only. I don't want that so I choose mixed tocopherols.

Alpha tocopherol alone depletes gamma tocopherol, which protects against prostate cancer.

johns74

There are many studies that show depletion of gamma tocopherol, including large ones. There is a famous controversial one showing increase in prostate cancer.

If some of you want to do science a favor and experiment with it, I'll stay away from your experiment.

johns74 said:
There are many studies that show depletion of gamma tocopherol, including large ones. There is a famous controversial one showing increase in prostate cancer.

If some of you want to do science a favor and experiment with it, I'll stay away from your experiment.

Do you have them on hand? I do try to get natural vitamin E when possible. But remember they block testosterone to shrink prostate tumors. That makes you think. Also you can take some selenium with the alpha-tocopherol to reverse that risk (if we trust that study).

johns74

Such_Saturation said:
Do you have them on hand?

Every study I looked at. Look at any study that gives alpha tocopherol for a few weeks, and then measures gamma tocopherol.

johns74

Such_Saturation said:
But remember they block testosterone to shrink prostate tumors.

You can use vitamin K2 to increase testosterone. And it's not necessary to take a lot of vitamin E with a low PUFA diet.

Remember that vitamin K2, which protects against prostate cancer, increases testosterone. Males on Testosterone Replacement Therapy get prostate problems less often. So the theory that testosterone should be suppressed has been debunked and refuted for a long time. Peat in fact advises testosterone to treat prostate cancer in one of his articles.

I did know somebody who last year was going through standard treatment for his prostate cancer, and his doctor was suppressing his testosterone. Unfortunately he is dead now.

johns74 said:
Such_Saturation said:

You can use vitamin K2 to increase testosterone. And it's not necessary to take a lot of vitamin E with a low PUFA diet.

Remember that vitamin K2, which protects against prostate cancer, increases testosterone. Males on Testosterone Replacement Therapy get prostate problems less often. So the theory that testosterone should be suppressed has been debunked and refuted for a long time. Peat in fact advises testosterone to treat prostate cancer in one of his articles.

I did know somebody who last year was going through standard treatment for his prostate cancer, and his doctor was suppressing his testosterone. Unfortunately he is dead now.

Yeah it must be pretty crazy. I wonder if Warren Buffet did it. Why do you think selenium synergized so well with the vitamin E?

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

BingDing said:
mujuro said:
natedawggh said:
Yes, only d-alpha tocopherol should ever be used for any Vitamin E supplementation.

Why is this?

RP has recommended mixed tocopherols with a high gamma tocopherol content.

I meant only natural vitamin E should be used, and didn't know that mixed tocopherols were not just d-alpha tocopherol...most brands of vitamin E for sale are not even natural, and sometimes only labeled deceviously as dl-alpha tocopherol, so it's important to make sure it is natural E. Some also have tocotrienols which RP has said are probably harmful.

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

Such_Saturation said:
johns74 said:
Such_Saturation said:

Yeah it must be pretty crazy. I wonder if Warren Buffet did it. Why do you think selenium synergized so well with the vitamin E?

Vitamin E doesn't diminish testosterone does it? From what I read Ray Peat says that it diminishes estrogen, so it wouldn't also do that to testosterone would it? I haven't noticed any signs of low T at all, in fact the effects of this seem to indicate higher T (or much lower E at least), including larger testicles with better blood flow, hanging low ;) and an increased libido.

natedawggh said:
Such_Saturation said:
johns74 said:
Such_Saturation said:

Vitamin E doesn't diminish testosterone does it? From what I read Ray Peat says that it diminishes estrogen, so it wouldn't also do that to testosterone would it? I haven't noticed any signs of low T at all, in fact the effects of this seem to indicate higher T (or much lower E at least), including larger testicles with better blood flow, hanging low ;) and an increased libido.

That's the point, the vitamin was seen making the tumor grow quicker.

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

natedawggh said:
Such_Saturation said:
natedawggh said:
Such_Saturation said:
johns74 said:
Such_Saturation said:

That's the point, the vitamin was seen making the tumor grow quicker.

Would this be one of those studies to be scrutinized through the Ray Peat lens? I'd think that from what I've read he says about prostate cancer is that it is exclusively caused by high levels of estrogen, and since vitamin E is supposed to be an estrogen (and iron) antagonist, I don't see how it could cause tumor growth. Also...could the study have used synthetic E, because that would also cause red flags to go up about the study...and what I've seen the medical industry doesn't often distinguish between the two.

Just found the study. It concluded that only men with low level of Selenium had an increase risk of cancer. But the study used what they call all-racemic alpha-tocopheryl acetate, which is totally synthetic vitamin E, which we understand to be toxic.
http://jnci.oxfordjournals.org/content/ ... 6.abstract

This seems to be exactly the kind of study that Ray Peat warns against as having misguided conditions and conclusions. The conclusion should have been that supplementing synthetic Vitamin E with low levels of selenium can then, and only then in relation to those substances, cause an increase risk of prostate cancer.

This is what they say: The racemic mix of α-tocopherol, which includes the D- and L-isomers, was chosen based on the
association of long-term supplementation with this formulation with reduced prostate cancer incidence
in the ATBC trial. The dose of 400 mg/day was chosen based on its use in vitamin supplements
(suggesting safety) and its potential benefits for non-cancer diseases, including cardiovascular disease
and Alzheimer’s disease. However, this dose was eight times higher than that used in the ATBC study,
50 mg/day

It really isn't that worthy of time, but I keep hearing "alpha gives you cancer" said just to defend high gamma products from seeds.

johns74

Vitamin E is similar to progesterone, so it's expected to have slight anti-testosterone effects. But it's also anti-estrogenic, improves circulation, so at the right amount it's overall effect might not be low T symptoms. If it does produce passivity and such, taking K2 increases testosterone (excess vitamin E increases vitamin K requirements).

narouz

I tried 400 IU "Unique E" mixed natural tocopherols gel cap up the wazoo this morning.

Those unfortunate enough to have read of my recent experiments
with antibiotics, antifungals, and dental work may understand
when I say that
there are so many health-related variables going on with me lately
that I really can't claim to know what part the rectal vitamin E played, but, that said...

For about the past 4 months or so
I've had really low libido.
And some mechanical dysfunction.
I'm not in a relationship,
but sometimes just to check if I'm still alive down there
I will masturbate.
Over the last several months I can get an erection,
but it is a very half-hearted one.
And I can orgasm, but with some effort.

So, this morning, as I say, 400 IU's up the wazoo.
I kinda forgot about it.
Then, mid-morning, I felt a surprising tingle down thar.
After a while I remembered about the Vit E.
So, I said...better give it a shot.
So, I masturbated and it was like my old normal self--a robust erection and near instant orgasm.

So...that's pretty cool!

HDD

Sometimes I get a good laugh when I get on this forum! I wonder if my husband will try this latest tip? Thanks for sharing, Narouz!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals