Recovering from COVID

Carb54

I have recently tested for COVID over the past week. I was not able to see a consolidated list of peat approved methods that have been used to support recovery so thought I would start a thread.

Has anyone had success with managing any covid symptoms or recovery?

Lollipop2

This thread is a good place to start:

Then do a search for Coronavirus how to treat and over 80 threads show up.

Last edited:
P

Peatness

Ray on Corona Virus

"I think keeping serum vitamin D around 50 ng/ml, and getting adequate vitamin A, calcium, trace minerals, and other nutrients, avoiding polyunsaturated fats, greatly reduce the risk of viral infections."

"The virus uses ACE2 (angiotensin converting enzyme 2) as receptor and enters cells by the angiotensin receptor. Losartan (recommended in China), an angiotensin blocker, is effective protection, and has many other antiinflammatory effects. The Chinese also have good results with cinanserin, a serotonin blocker. I think cyproheptadine might help, too. Progesterone lowers the angiotensin receptor, but doesn’t act immediately as losartan does."

My notes

Aspirin, fruit, B1, E, a high calcium : phosphate ratio (to quiet the immune system), and vitamin A (needed for tissue protein turnover in the eyes, nose, lungs). Loosely mentioned progesterone as helpful. He’s previously mentioned vitamin D, and serotonin blockers if the infection shows symptoms (Losartan in particular, and he thinks cyproheptadine would be helpful

youngsinatra

Ray on Corona Virus

"I think keeping serum vitamin D around 50 ng/ml, and getting adequate vitamin A, calcium, trace minerals, and other nutrients, avoiding polyunsaturated fats, greatly reduce the risk of viral infections."

"The virus uses ACE2 (angiotensin converting enzyme 2) as receptor and enters cells by the angiotensin receptor. Losartan (recommended in China), an angiotensin blocker, is effective protection, and has many other antiinflammatory effects. The Chinese also have good results with cinanserin, a serotonin blocker. I think cyproheptadine might help, too. Progesterone lowers the angiotensin receptor, but doesn’t act immediately as losartan does."

My notes

Aspirin, fruit, B1, E, a high calcium : phosphate ratio (to quiet the immune system), and vitamin A (needed for tissue protein turnover in the eyes, nose, lungs). Loosely mentioned progesterone as helpful. He’s previously mentioned vitamin D, and serotonin blockers if the infection shows symptoms (Losartan in particular, and he thinks cyproheptadine would be helpful
This is good advice.

bogbody

when my husband had it i gave him regular aspirin for the aches etc and cyproheptadine at night (about 1mg) to help him sleep and it helped