Recommended Magnesium Sources

BrianF

High in iron, isn't it? Wouldn't it be counterproductive?
I went through a period, perhaps 12 years ago an way before I'd even heard of Ray Pet,when I was taking BSM with ACV and I felt great. Not sure why I stopped it.

Since then, I've been concerned with the iron issue and I haven't ever resumed the regime it for that reason alone.

I do wonder how serious an issue it would be. I've also read that the body deals with the natural iron in foods better than synthetic irons that are many processed foods.

Inaut

Apparently Andreas Moritz recommended magnesium oxide for cleaning the small and large intestines. Just got the oxide and out it in some orange juice with a little bs and gelatin. Waiting for the but hoping it’s been over exaggerated. ....

Jib

I have been completely unable to take ANY form of supplemental magnesium, even in small doses, without getting diarrhea. Perhaps I'll have to give the magnesium oxide a try again.

The one exception is small amounts of magnesium chloride, aka magnesium "oil." A spritz or two in a glass of water or juice and I'm usually fine.

I remember a study where they showed magnesium chloride supplemented in the water supply prevented heart disease in rats. Shouldn't be too hard to find online. But I thought that was interesting.

yerrag

I went through a period, perhaps 12 years ago an way before I'd even heard of Ray Pet,when I was taking BSM with ACV and I felt great. Not sure why I stopped it.

Since then, I've been concerned with the iron issue and I haven't ever resumed the regime it for that reason alone.

I do wonder how serious an issue it would be. I've also read that the body deals with the natural iron in foods better than synthetic irons that are many processed foods.
I assume BSM is molasses of the best kind, like organic?

I don't know if one can detect the effect of increased iron intake so quickly. Do people who grew up with iron-fortified cereals and breads notice the effect? I think that the accumulation will eventually reach a tipping point, and no one will ever make the connection.

Have you taken tests to check your iron status - ferritin, TIBC, and serum iron - to see what it's like?

yerrag

I have been completely unable to take ANY form of supplemental magnesium, even in small doses, without getting diarrhea. Perhaps I'll have to give the magnesium oxide a try again.

The one exception is small amounts of magnesium chloride, aka magnesium "oil." A spritz or two in a glass of water or juice and I'm usually fine.

I remember a study where they showed magnesium chloride supplemented in the water supply prevented heart disease in rats. Shouldn't be too hard to find online. But I thought that was interesting.
If you're getting diarrhea on all forms of magnesium, could it be that you're already loaded with magnesium, as diarrhea is a sign that your body won't absorb any more magnesium anymore, as any more would be toxic to the body? Are you eating something that's just providing you with large amounts of magnesium? I don't think that's possible in most cases though.

Sorry to derail the thread, but am wondering what a good daily dose of supplemental magnesium would be? Like a safe, average dose for most people following a peat diet?

yerrag

Sorry to derail the thread, but am wondering what a good daily dose of supplemental magnesium would be? Like a safe, average dose for most people following a peat diet?
A standard answer would be 400 mg of elemental magnesium for maintenance needs, but if you're low on magnesium, you could go with 1000 mg for about 3 months.

Inaut

So I took half a teaspoon of mag oxide this morning with orange juice, eggs and later had a chocolate milk.

Montezuma’s revenge by the afternoon.

Maybe I’ll try and dose a quarter teaspoon a couple times through out the day

Inaut

@methylenewhite ive been taking about 1/4 teaspoon of mag oxide 3 times a day and im not finding it laxative which is interesting. I’m not running to the washroom now so maybe you were right. I’ve dropped a lot of supplements but magnesium is one i will take continuously.

@methylenewhite ive been taking about 1/4 teaspoon of mag oxide 3 times a day and im not finding it laxative which is interesting. I’m not running to the washroom now so maybe you were right. I’ve dropped a lot of supplements but magnesium is one i will take continuously.

Welcome to the club!

Get a MG grade scales to know exactly how many mg you are getting. Its cheap just 10 usd on aliexpress.

Inaut

1/4 teaspoon is about 290mg (so says Now Foods container).

So update from today and sorry for TMI.... extreme laxative action this afternoon..... but it doesn’t hurt like other forms of magnesium. Other forms seem to flair my hemorrhoids but not mag oxide...Just feels like an enema... which isn’t unpleasant besides the need for a shower after a BM.

Sorry for the details once again

There will be undissolved magnesium carbonate at the bottom of the juice, and I leave this in the cup and try to avoid drinking it.

This seems to occur even with small quantities of magnesium carbonate.

Let us know your experience please!

OP
RobertJM

RobertJM

In regards to magnesium bicarbonate does anyone know if you can make it but with a lower amount of carbonated water? I haven’t had it for a while now so I cannot remember what the recipe is, but let’s just say it is one quart of carbonated water, could I potentially do it with 500mls (half a quart)? Does the milk of magnesia still react just as well? Anyone tried this?

I buy lots of milk of magnesia anyway, as I use it for deodorant. So if this were to potentially work for me, it would save me buying a magnesium supplement anyway.

If not, lots of suggestions on this thread for me to try!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals