Recommended Doctors?

Philomath

Does anyone know of a doctor/Endo in the Chicago area or Midwest USA that is open-minded regarding thyroid? I think the Dr. List on Mary Shomon's website is a bit dated.
Thanks!

answersfound

Not sure about doctors in the Midwest but I would do a google search for "Broda Barnes Doctors in Chicago". Otherwise I can get you a list of approved doctors from the STTM people when I get to my computer.

OP
Philomath

Philomath

Thanks! I'll check those out. If you can pm a list that would be great!

ilovethesea

If you write to the Broda Barnes association they can give you a list of doctors in your area who have their training. I think it costs something like $10 to get the list. Hopefully you'll have better luck than I did. Here in Canada the list only had 4 names on it and only 2 MDs (others were NDs and can't prescribe here). The MDs were bioidentical hormone guys who wanted to charge me something like $800 just for "testing" and then the thyroid they prescribe is compounded (and also $100+ per bottle). Total waste of my time :(

answersfound

ilovethesea said:
If you write to the Broda Barnes association they can give you a list of doctors in your area who have their training. I think it costs something like $10 to get the list. Hopefully you'll have better luck than I did. Here in Canada the list only had 4 names on it and only 2 MDs (others were NDs and can't prescribe here). The MDs were bioidentical hormone guys who wanted to charge me something like $800 just for "testing" and then the thyroid they prescribe is compounded (and also $100+ per bottle). Total waste of my time :(

If you join the yahoo STTM they have a list of doctors around the country that use alternative treatments. Several are part of the Broda Barnes foundation. I found a great doctor on there that is now prescribing me Cytomel. PM me If you want the list.

yerrag

I have a sister who is hardly functional because she easily gets stressed and would not feel well unpredictably. She went to many naturopathic doctors to no avail. She would easily complain of molds where no one would complain about them. She moved to a drier climate to escape humidity to be away from molds, thinking she would get better. And then she doesn't feel well because she lacks enough sunshine. She says she suffers from candidiasis, of which she has attempted many protocols to no avail, and is also hypothyroid and her adrenals are weak. I'm trying to help her find a doctor who can help her, but I don't want her to go through another naturopath who can't help her. Since many naturopaths are not well-versed with Ray Peat's ideas, which I could see as a hindrance to helping patients such as my sister to heal, I wonder if I could get any leads on how to look for doctors that might be better positioned to help her in her healing. Would Broda Barnes doctors be better disposed to help her?

My sister is a wreck now. She can't think straight, though she can't admit to that, and still wants to self-heal herself, and her life is a sad wash-rinse-repeat cycle of repeated attempts to heal herself with another "new" approach, each time ending up right back where she started, if not worse. I need to help her get out of this vicious cycle. I need to get her a good doctor, and make sure my sister goes cold-turkey if need be, and follow a protocol conscientiously with supervision by either me or another sister, with a firm hand. This would be better than committing her to an institution.