Recommendation For Hashimoto's ?

Cloud

Hello!

i have Hashimoto's (underactive thyroid) ....what do you guys think would be a good Diet for me? any Recommendations for Breakfast and so on?

thanks so far

OP
C

Cloud

ok.....could someone tell me if theres a natural Appetite Suppresant who actually works ? did Ray Peat talked about this maybe ?

OP
C

Cloud

nope....not on a daily basis ....sometimes once or twice per week......i dont know my Vit.D Level.

milk_lover

I would try to increase metabolism without reducing my food intake.. Do you think you get enough vitamin D in your life? Also, do you expose yourself to red light? Many people claimed they have increased their metabolism (high resting pulse and high body temperature) through red light and it's even better for them than thyroid supplement.

Can you tell us what you eat in general? People here can help you more than I do.

Waynish

Hashimotos doesn't just mean underactive thyroid, it is a claim about the body destroying the thyroid by attacking it... Did you get a thyroid antibody test? I would be curious to see a hashimotos patient who stopped testing positive for thyroid antibodies after thyroid supplementation - or similar strategy.

Abc123

For Hashimotos I would get a Food Intolerance test.

Avoiding Gluten and Dairy have been shown to lower antibodies.
Also stay away from the Nightshades - Tomatoes, Peppers, Eggplant, Potatoes. (Until they clear on the test)

Make sure you have plenty of B Vitamins, Vitamin D, Zinc, Selenium and IRON.

Are you on any Thyroid Medication?

OP
C

Cloud

For Hashimotos I would get a Food Intolerance test.

Avoiding Gluten and Dairy have been shown to lower antibodies.
Also stay away from the Nightshades - Tomatoes, Peppers, Eggplant, Potatoes. (Until they clear on the test)

Make sure you have plenty of B Vitamins, Vitamin D, Zinc, Selenium and IRON.

Are you on any Thyroid Medication?

I 'm on Levothyroxine 125 mcg. I've read in a another Forum that the Recommendation for Hashimotos is to eat lots of Sugar...can someone tell me if thats the Case ?
BTW i have also Problems with Stress (Cortisol etc) which shows up on my belly :/

Last edited: