Reasons For Low Bile, How To Increase?

faisman

Hi all, I recently figured out my digestive issues are mostly due to low bile. This is after noticing a sudden intolerance towards certain fats, such as beef fat and fat ice cream. I then remembered blood tests I did a while ago where both billirubin and cholesterol were a bit elevated. I’ve taken ox bile now for a few weeks along with a liver and gallbladder herbal blend. But it seems my digestion is still dependent on the ox bile for now is it slowly comes back once I stop supplementing. My diet is has been pretty good. Mainly fruits, juice, milk, eggs, gelatin, beef, shellfish, liver, coffee, chocolate and some white rice. Any ideas where this could be originating?

Frankdee20

Hi all, I recently figured out my digestive issues are mostly due to low bile. This is after noticing a sudden intolerance towards certain fats, such as beef fat and fat ice cream. I then remembered blood tests I did a while ago where both billirubin and cholesterol were a bit elevated. I’ve taken ox bile now for a few weeks along with a liver and gallbladder herbal blend. But it seems my digestion is still dependent on the ox bile for now is it slowly comes back once I stop supplementing. My diet is has been pretty good. Mainly fruits, juice, milk, eggs, gelatin, beef, shellfish, liver, coffee, chocolate and some white rice. Any ideas where this could be originating?

Taurine would definitely ramp up bile output.

lvysaur

Raw carrot is supposed to help prevent bile resorption.

ddjd

Funnily I've been exploring the exact same problem/issue the last few weeks. I realised low Choline from antihistamines played a big part in the fatty liver and Estrogenic symptoms I got when I started peating.

Chris Masterjohn has done some good articles about fatty liver.

I find dairy fats are the hardest fats to process and cause the most fatty liver effect. Not good from a peat perspective!

raypeatclips

Which ones are the 12+ carbon length fat? Palmitic?

fatty-acid-composition-of-common-edible-oils-and-fats.jpg

This look a good informative table. Taken from here: 1. Composition of Palm Oil

raypeatclips

Am I seeing that right, that cod liver oil is 'low' in PUFAs, and showing mostly MUFAs ? I'm confused, I thought all fish oil was mostly PUFAs.

Don't want to derail the topic so I'll make this my last post on the table. The bottom of the table says figures don't get to 100% because of constituents not listed, cod liver oil is only 52% accounted for and the chain lengths show on the table only go up to 18, so the rest of cod liver oil that is missing are chain lengths over 18, which I work out as being 48% of it.

Wilfrid

Do you know your current TSH status? as well as your T4 value?
Do you take any thyroid medication? If so, which one?

OP
F

faisman

Funnily I've been exploring the exact same problem/issue the last few weeks. I realised low Choline from antihistamines played a big part in the fatty liver and Estrogenic symptoms I got when I started peating.

Chris Masterjohn has done some good articles about fatty liver.

I find dairy fats are the hardest fats to process and cause the most fatty liver effect. Not good from a peat perspective!
Yeah dairy fats for me as well, I wasn’t having issues with milk because I usually drink 2% or skim but ice cream would cause a huge reaction. Any beef fat that is not fully rendered also started to cause the same reaction.

OP
F

faisman

Do you know your current TSH status? as well as your T4 value?
Do you take any thyroid medication? If so, which one?
I haven’t tested them in a while, but I have a test coming up soon. I take NDT

Peatful

Yeah dairy fats for me as well, I wasn’t having issues with milk because I usually drink 2% or skim but ice cream would cause a huge reaction. Any beef fat that is not fully rendered also started to cause the same reaction.
“Huge reaction”?
Please describe.
Thx!

OP
F

faisman

“Huge reaction”?
Please describe.
Thx!
Basically after about twenty minutes of having it my stomach would rumble intensely and sometimes I’d feel like the muscles in my stomach area are spazzing. Then within the hour I’d have to go to the bathroom and it would be very loose. I was quite sure it’s the fat and not some form of lactose intolerance and then confirmed it when the reaction dissappeared with ox bile.

Peatful

Basically after about twenty minutes of having it my stomach would rumble intensely and sometimes I’d feel like the muscles in my stomach area are spazzing. Then within the hour I’d have to go to the bathroom and it would be very loose. I’m was quite sure it’s the fat and not some form of lactose intolerance and then confirmed it when the reaction dissappeared with ox bile.
Oh wow; that’s indeed a reaction. Thx for description.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals