Reasons For Low Bile, How To Increase?

T

tca300

Which ones are the 12+ carbon length fat? Palmitic?
I'm speaking of individual fatty acid length, not a fat source specifically. Mct oil is no good, but coconut oil is 85+% 12 or greater fatty acid length, dairy fat is high, ruminate meat fat fat is high, cocoa fat is high, olive oil, etc..

Edit: nevermind, I think I misunderstood your question. Lauric, myristic, palmitic, stearic, oleic,... there are many.

T

tca300

I'm also willing to bet that liver/thyroid dysfunction could cause low bile output. Looking into it.....

OP
F

faisman

I'm also willing to bet that liver/thyroid dysfunction could cause low bile output. Looking into it.....
Definitely, I’ve also been ramping up caffeine slowly to see if it helps.

ddjd

I'm speaking of individual fatty acid length, not a fat source specifically. Mct oil is no good, but coconut oil is 85+% 12 or greater fatty acid length, dairy fat is high, ruminate meat fat fat is high, cocoa fat is high, olive oil, etc..

Edit: nevermind, I think I misunderstood your question. Lauric, myristic, palmitic, stearic, oleic,... there are many.
It's weird because my liver absolutely tolerates cacao butter which is only palmitic and stearic. If anything my liver feels healthier and less fatty from it, I get a flatter stomach. But as soon as I have some dairy my stomach is bloated, my liver becomes very sluggish and I notice estrogenic symptoms. So I'm not sure about this 12+ fatty acid theory

OP
F

faisman

It's weird because my liver absolutely tolerates cacao butter which is only palmitic and stearic. If anything my liver feels healthier and less fatty from it, I get a flatter stomach. But as soon as I have some dairy my stomach is bloated, my liver becomes very sluggish and I notice estrogenic symptoms. So I'm not sure about this 12+ fatty acid theory
I’ve also noticed cocoa butter goes down smoothly!

cyclops

Mct oil is no good, but coconut oil is 85+% 12 or greater fatty acid length, dairy fat is high, ruminate meat fat fat is high, cocoa fat is high, olive oil, etc..

Would fully hydrogenated coconut oil be more like MCT oil or coconut oil in this regard?

T

tca300

Would fully hydrogenated coconut oil be more like MCT oil or coconut oil in this regard?
Same as regular coconut oil. Oleic and linoleic are hydrogenated into stearic, and a small amount of trans.

T

tca300

12+ fatty acid theory? Did you read the study I posted? Its a fact that fatty chains under 12 carbons dont stimulate bile flow, or at least much much less. Cocoa butter is 1/3 oleic acid, and has linoleic acid, its not just palmitic and stearic. The biggest defference between dairy fat and cocoa fat is cocoa has much more stearic and not hardly any, if at all, chains under 14 carbons, and dairy has medium and short chain fats. I'm very confused as to what you are trying to say, especially since comparing dairy which is incredibly complex ( protein, carbohydrates, fats, micronutrients etc ) to a pure isolated empty calorie fat from the cocoa bean seems strange, unless by dairy you mean butter specifically. The fact that cocoa makes you feel better than dairy fat just supports what I have already been saying, that longer chain fats are better for bile production, because cocoa fat has a higher percentage of longer chains than dairy.

D

danishispsychic

Here are my suggestions on this - I have found the taking a good chewable enzyme helps and of course, coffee enemas .

ddjd

12+ fatty acid theory? Did you read the study I posted? Its a fact that fatty chains under 12 carbons dont stimulate bile flow, or at least much much less. Cocoa butter is 1/3 oleic acid, and has linoleic acid, its not just palmitic and stearic. The biggest defference between dairy fat and cocoa fat is cocoa has much more stearic and not hardly any, if at all, chains under 14 carbons, and dairy has medium and short chain fats. I'm very confused as to what you are trying to say, especially since comparing dairy which is incredibly complex ( protein, carbohydrates, fats, micronutrients etc ) to a pure isolated empty calorie fat from the cocoa bean seems strange, unless by dairy you mean butter specifically. The fact that cocoa makes you feel better than dairy fat just supports what I have already been saying, that longer chain fats are better for bile production, because cocoa fat has a higher percentage of longer chains than dairy.
Sorry my science is sketchy to say the least. So does oleic and linoleic also come under "longer chain fats"

T

tca300

Sorry my science is sketchy to say the least. So does oleic and linoleic also come under "longer chain fats"
Yes 12 and greater. Lauric C12, Myristic C14, Palmitic C16, Stearic C18, Oleic C18:1, Linoleic C18:2, are the most common longer chain fatty acids in foods discussed on this forum.

Pointless

Undissolved cholesterol is a wax, and it can clog arteries and other passages, especially the liver and gallbladder where there is a lot of cholesterol.

Note this is unproven, but it seems to be a good explanation.

OP
F

faisman

What do you guys think of gallbladder/liver flushes where people flush out loads of stones? I’ve seen a lot of people bashing them. It seems like a fad type of sitution...

Pointless

I think it's possible that they work, but IME extremely irritating to the gut.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals