Reason for not being able to eat a lot?

Motif

I‘m full so quick , it’s crazy. It’s never been different in my life.
is this an indicator of low digestive juices maybe?

only things I can eat a lot of are things like yogurt or puddings.

Hans

Forum Supporter
High histamine mostly. Histamine antagonists are known to promote fat gain by increasing appetite.
Dopamine can also suppress appetite, but histamine is usually the offender.

I have the same issue, but mine is liquids

I had the same issue, and realized I was was drinking too many liquids. Once I dropped the liquids altogether, even water, unless I was thirsty, and soups, the issue went away.

PaRa

you digest well or not ?
if you don't so it's probably not high histamine

OP
M

Motif

you digest well or not ?
if you don't so it's probably not high histamine
I’d say I don’t. Transit time very long and greasy.

Still histamine is one of my main issues

Last edited:

miquelangeles

High histamine mostly. Histamine antagonists are known to promote fat gain by increasing appetite.
Dopamine can also suppress appetite, but histamine is usually the offender.
Serotonin has a bigger role in eating behavior than histamine. In both animals and humans increasing serotonin leads to reduced eating. Serotonin activity is high in anorexia. Cyproheptadine is often marketed as an appetite stimulant for children.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Serotonin has a bigger role in eating behavior than histamine. In both animals and humans increasing serotonin leads to reduced eating. Serotonin activity is high in anorexia. Cyproheptadine is often marketed as an appetite stimulant for children.
5-HT2C is the target of many anti-obesity drugs, so I know the serotonin system is involved. I think a good test would be to take either 5-HTP or histidine and see which one is more effective at reducing appetite. As you might know, cypro is a very strong histamine antagonist. That's also why people feel groggy on it.

miquelangeles

5-HT2C is the target of many anti-obesity drugs, so I know the serotonin system is involved. I think a good test would be to take either 5-HTP or histidine and see which one is more effective at reducing appetite. As you might know, cypro is a very strong histamine antagonist. That's also why people feel groggy on it.

It looks like both 5-HTP and histidine are appetite suppressants.
I had been underweight for a period of time, and in my experience the strictly selective H1 antagonists are not sufficient to increase appetite or promote weight gain. They may "normalize" appetite by partially reducing inflammation. On the other hand, cyproheptadine and the related tricyclics dramatically increase appetite and weight gain.

gaze

if i remember correctly you have gilbert's syndrome right? a lot of people with gilbert's complain of low appetite and digestive problems. i have elevated bilirubin myself and i've always been too skinny also

OP
M

Motif

if i remember correctly you have gilbert's syndrome right? a lot of people with gilbert's complain of low appetite and digestive problems. i have elevated bilirubin myself and i've always been too skinny also
Yes.

so you think that’s the cause? Damn.

gaze

Yes.

so you think that’s the cause? Damn.
yea. ray said gilbert's is just hypothyroidism . have you checked your tsh, t4, t3, vitamin d. my guess is you'll be on the lower end of t3

OP
M

Motif

yea. ray said gilbert's is just hypothyroidism . have you checked your tsh, t4, t3, vitamin d. my guess is you'll be on the lower end of t3
I will have new blood tests in two weeks.
I will test it. D3 might be good.
Tsh, ft3, ft4 is what I need to know ?

T

TheBeard

SIBO
Parasites
Cholestasis

I remember this thread and figured out, recently, that slow eaters get full fast. My husband has always been one to eat a lot less than me and take forever to eat even a bowl of cereal. Lately he has been sick and needing to eat, but it has been a struggle for him and me, trying to get him to eat. I told him, when I remembered something, that eating slow is a dieting trick. Since he started eating faster he has doubled his intake. He isn't so full either with the extra food. It was torture for him to feel full (when he wasn't) and have to keep shoveling in more.

"In fact, fast eaters are up to 115% more likely than slower eaters to be obese (3Trusted Source).

They also tend to gain weight over time, which may be partially due to eating too fast.

In one study in over 4,000 middle-aged adults, those who said they ate very fast tended to be heavier and had gained the most body weight since age 20 (5Trusted Source).

Another study examined weight change in 529 men over 8 years. Those who reported being fast eaters gained more than twice as much weight as self-described slow or medium-paced eaters."

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals