Really White Tongue On Peat?

peat415

Hey there- Has anyone experienced a very white yeasty looking tongue when starting to eat Peat? I'm just a bit worried about keeping a balance with all the sugar this way of eating seems to call for. I've had a lot of interesting and good results in some areas adding back a goodly amount of fructose, lactose, carbs, and some added sugars.

Thing is before this I was literally doing a no sugar diet. No fruit, no dairy, no juice, no sugar, honey etc. I've been indulging myself for the past 10 days and feel fine but my tongue looks terrible. It sometimes looks ok a little white film over pink, but today it was so white I felt like I should come here and ask folks if this is temporary reaction to giving my body what it needs or if I need to go slower implementing the Peat staples of fruit/juice/milk/sugar that others are eating here. PS I'm consuming about 24 oz each of OJ and Milk. I also do 2-4 oz cheese each day. I am consuming about 6-8 tsp added sugar a day.

Or alternatively is there anything Peat that I should be eating to counteract this white tongue symptom.

Thanks for the help, I searched this topic for mentions of this problem and didn't find it.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Might be bacteria.

cliff

eating the raw carrot salad or cooked bamboo shoots could help. Flowers of sulfur or antibiotics could help in extreme cases. Also switching the brand of milk or OJ you drink, I would try to find milk without added vitamins but if that's your only choice I would just test different brands.

I would try to slowly raise the milk and oj to around 4 cups each

John Eels

@Jenn
You use baking soda instead of toothpaste to brush your teeth and that works? I use Now Foods XyliWhite. I'm not courageous enough yet to rely exclusively on baking soda. After sweet stuff I rinse my teeth with baking soda. After breakfast and before I go to bed I brush my teeth with XyliWhite.

Jenn

Yes...though I was thinking specifically of the tongue when I said it. ACV works too.

You have to be careful of putting sweet things in your mouth that don't actually provide food value. It's like lying to your body, your pancreas thinks there's groceries coming down the pike and gets all prepared for it and then nothing happens.

Dan W

Along the lines of Cliff's bacteria-control/gut-health suggestions, I've found that rinsing (and occasionally ingesting) activated charcoal powder helps.

And it's possible that things will naturally get better, my tongue has continually improved on a Peat-style diet, particularly noticeably during stressful times.

Dean

Jenn said:
It's a pH issue. I brush with baking soda.

I tend to agree. Had this same problem. A day and a half of rinsing my mouth out with baking soda water several times and my tongue was pink as could be.

OP
P

peat415

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions. I do rinse with Baking soda and water after brushing, especially at night. Eating raw carrots everyday, not the salad though. Haven't tried ACV but have plenty of that around to try. I guess I should go back to oil pulling with my coconut oil. Can't do everything in a day dontcha know:))

Activated charcoal intrigues me. I bought it to brush with a while ago because I heard it would really whiten your teeth. I decided to start taking it once a week to kill off potential bad bugs, but haven't really seen anything approaching dosage. The bottle says take 2 per day but I don't know how you would do that and still get anything out of your supplements, diet etc. Who takes activated charcoal regularly or any other way?

@ Jenn I really do want to get through this initial period of trying to raise my average temps and pulse rate by feeding my liver-thyroid... Kinda craving my sugar free lifestyle. It'll get better when there is more fruit available. I don't think I'll be able to keep putting sugar in my milk indefinitely! Love being warm and sleeping tho.

John Eels

RP's take on the issue with the tongue:
Local bacteria are usually involved in the white tongue, but typically the problem is mainly in the intestine. I have experimented with the old-fashioned "intestinal disinfectant" camphoric acid (it used to be a common pharmaceutical, 80 to 100 years ago), and when I would swallow about 100 to 200 mg of it in the evening, I would wake up with a perfectly clean tongue, not a bit of the white. Bamboo shoots, raw carrot, and flowers of sulfur are other antiseptics that can reduce the white tongue.

I think I have too much bacteria in my intestine. I try to raise my pulse and I think it helps a little. I track it and it averages around 72. I've added activated charcoal a month ago and use it every third day. Charcoal absorbs pathogenic material and nutrients, too. That's why you can't do charcoal every day. I do it in the evening an hour after my last meal to make sure it doesn't interfere with the absorption of nutrients too much. I started out with one tablespoon and raised the dose to four. I notice that my sleep isn't that refreshing when I do charcoal and I tend to wake up more often. I advice to slowly build up the dose. The first time I took two tablespoons and woke up in the middle of the night agitated. Peatarian has some advice on how to take it.

Pliskin

It's a pH issue. I brush with baking soda.

Hey Jenn, could you expand on that? Do you mean the tongue or digestive tract etc. is too acidic? I also started a thread on white tongue because it's been a big problem for me. Peating or not.

Pet Peeve

A thick white coating is indicative of what chinese medicine calls "dampness", if the coating only forms in the center of the top of the tongue the "dampness" is most likely in the stomach. According to chinese medicine sugar and milk are both dampness forming. I have found the best way to resolve dampness is by eating white rice (every day). White rice is known to resolve the dampness and you pee it out. Dampness is also associated with feelings of guilt and shame.

This is what chinese medicine says and it worked for me, though I have no idea how to describe this process in western/Peat terms.

Elize

Hi there from Elize. Would the rice also work for a white/Green tongue. Since doing Peat diet my tongue has taken on a white greenish color and eeeeesh do not like it.

Thanks soooo much

Elize

Along the lines of Cliff's bacteria-control/gut-health suggestions, I've found that rinsing (and occasionally ingesting) activated charcoal powder helps.
Hi from Elize. What dose of charcoal did you use. Since Peating my tongue has taken on a white green color and of course it must be a gut issue as well.

Thanks

Dan W

Hi from Elize. What dose of charcoal did you use.
For oral rinse/brushing purposes I use something like 1/8tsp. I'm not sure what to suggest on the ingestible doses, I think I've gone as high as a few teaspoons at a time (with tons of liquid), but that's probably an overly large dose.