really bad hair loss..need advice

Jack Earth

Energy deficit tends to promote catabolism (ie breaking the body down, not building/growing it).
You don't know if diet can help if you haven't tried eating enough for a while.
Energy deficit (undereating) -> stress.
T3 + energy deficit -> greater stress and possibly greater catabolism.
Hair is one of the more expendable bits of the body it can afford to sacrifice to survive famine.
No guaratees that eating more will stop or reverse hair loss, but I'd be very surprised if you can improve it while undereating.
:2cents
This makes logical sense until you look at homeless men

skittles

Your mileage may vary, but I managed to stop some noticeable hairfall a while back during the winter by simply keeping myself as warm as possible. I'd sleep in a sweater with the heat on, drink hot coffee and bone broth, get a couple hot showers a day, do some sporadic physical exercise around the house to get my blood pumping, wrap up in a blanket during sedentary times.

I found eating large meals tended to make me cooler for whatever reason so now I eat smaller meals more often. Also, I find meat can make me cool if I don't balance it with gelatin. I got a big sack of gelatin from Bulk Barn, so once in a while I'll cook a steak, add like a cup of water to the pan with a heaping tablespoon of gelatin powder. Then I'll take the steak out and reduce the gelatin water into a thick gelatin gravy. I find beef with gelatin gravy super warming.

Hope this helps in some way.

Edit: also, orange juice was very cooling for me. But now I have it with added sugar and a little (like 1/3 of a tsp) of baking soda, and find it much more warming