Realistic Expectation To Become "Sugar Adapted"

OP
J

Jsaute21

Therefore your sugar is constituted mostly of fructose and lactose it appears? OJ& Milk? Hitting 300-400 G of sugar a day through those two sources is impressive, and not easily accomplished.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Sorry i meant do you get issues when you have fiber on the same day? Having fiber 2x a day I've not noticed anything negative from starches i don't think.

If fiber is going to give me issues even once is enough. I guess eating more than once does not make the matters worse but adding the carrot helps alleviate the irritation.

Makrosky

I get that feeling any time I eat well and I am not under stress. It started happening after I found way to limit persistent annoyance at work. The stress factor is hard to overestimate. Any time you exert yourself to the point rushing digestion suffers. Most animals go through great lengths to avoid disturbance when eating, and for a good reason. Even a mild stress will cause an animal to forgo eating, even if hungry. I think they know that digestion shuts down under stress. Glycogen storage is also hindered. If you feel warm after eating in the afternoon and even a little sleepy then you are probably in a good spot. Stress hormones are lowest in early afternoon.
Absolutely.
+10

I experience this every single time I eat. Good vibes, even if that means eating alone -> good digestion

Eating with bad vibes around
talking politics, complaining about work or the world, family issues, gossips, TV set on with stupid shows or news, etc -> very bad digestion with the accompanying histamine/serotonin/endotoxin reactions.

They say eating with people is better but I think unless you are sure there's gonna be good vibes, eating alone is MUCH better.

tara

I've not become sugar adapted. 5 starchy feeds a day is better than 4 is better than 3 is better than 2. I eat/drink sweet stuff too, but do better if I have more starch and smaller amounts of sugar. It's not just the absence of glucose, either. Too much sugar makes me feel sick.

Regina

Absolutely.
+10

I experience this every single time I eat. Good vibes, even if that means eating alone -> good digestion

Eating with bad vibes around
talking politics, complaining about work or the world, family issues, gossips, TV set on with stupid shows or news, etc -> very bad digestion with the accompanying histamine/serotonin/endotoxin reactions.

They say eating with people is better but I think unless you are sure there's gonna be good vibes, eating alone is MUCH better.
For the first 2 years I had my current dog, I had to sit on the kitchen floor next to the bowl for him to eat. I'd have to pick out each bite for him and hand-feed. Eventually, he just required me to sit with him. Now, he just needs to be able to see me or he won't eat. Poor guy. I could leave bacon on the floor and go out and he won't touch it.

DaveFoster

I never get tired after eating, and I never have. The exception was eating salads with MCT oil after intermittent fasting.

OP
J

Jsaute21

Therefore your sugar is constituted mostly of fructose and lactose it appears? OJ& Milk? Hitting 300-400 G of sugar a day through those two sources is impressive, and not easily accomplished.
Sorry @tca300 forgot to tag you in this post.

Last edited:
T

tca300

@Jsaute21 Ya, between 350-400 grams usually. I think technically it would be ~ 50% glucose, 25% galactose, and 25% fructose, since both oj and milk are about 50% glucose. I get a little sugar from Pineapple as well.

Waffler

Wake up at 6:15. Get in some red light for 5-10 minutes, brush my teeth, get ready.
6:45: Wash down some OJ with baking soda & 2 eggs cooked in butter and coconut oil. Usually have a cappucino with 2% added sugar/salt about 30 minutes after.
8:00: Another small coffee with 2%Milk, salt/sugar.
10:00: Some fairlife milk with some form of fruit.
12:30/1:00: Either chipotle bowl (1 scoop white rice, steak, cheese, Mexican Coke.) or cheese sticks and a coke or cottage cheese and a coke.
5:30/6: some form of meat cooked in butter, well cooked kale or onions & a mexican coke or pepsi.
9:30: entire pint of haagan daaz.

The best thing I ever did to alleviate chronic constipation.

http://www.mensjournal.com/magazine/laird-hamiltons-morning-ritual-20130326

OP
J

Jsaute21

One of my biggest struggles in the past was constipation.

It took me anywhere from 2-4 weeks to become "regular" on a low fiber diet. Keys for me were cascara before bed, digestive enzymes with meals, and not dropping fat intake too low.

The book "Fiber Menace" really helped me. He recommends lowering fiber gradually, as opposed to dropping it all at once. Maybe you could try that.

For what it's worth, after a few months of doing the above (low fiber, enzymes, and cascara), my gut health and digestion is practically perfect and runs like clockwork. I now eat starch/fruits/veggies daily and any macro ratio without any issues. I also don't need to take any of the supplements.

@tyler do you for the most part avoid starch?

tyler

@tyler do you for the most part avoid starch?
No, definitely not. I slowly introduced starch a few months ago, and realized it wasn't giving me digestive problems anymore. It's now a daily staple. I've found it to actually be super beneficial, mainly in terms of strength gains and muscle fullness- there is a lot more visual "pop" to them, and I appear leaner. I seem to do well with a lot more glucose than fructose. It could be the potassium content too. I eat a lot of tubers (yams, rutabagas, potatoes). I will even eat some cereal, pasta, bread, oats, etc.

I still eat a bit of fruit and sugar. But I've found that I prefer starches at the moment. I was concerned initially by my lack of fructose, but then I found out that glucose can restore liver glycogen just fine (although 60% as effective as fructose), and fill muscle glycogen better than fructose. http://www.karger.com/Article/Abstract/177259

OP
J

Jsaute21

@tyler interesting. As stated earlier, i have done my best the past 2 weeks to abandon starch in favor of sugar. I barely poop since making the change. At the end of my rope with the no starch.

tyler

@tyler interesting. As stated earlier, i have done my best the past 2 weeks to abandon starch in favor of sugar. I barely poop since making the change. At the end of my rope with the no starch.
Maybe you could go back to eating some? What is your reason for avoiding them in the first place? Unless you're experiencing some other benefit from no starches that somehow overrides regular BM's. (but lets face it... nothing is worse than being backed up)

For me, I dropped them because they were causing me apparent digestive issues at the time- if they weren't causing me problems, I would have never avoided them.

OP
J

Jsaute21

Yeah, your 100% right. I was reading pretty closely into @haidut's endotoxin studies and how fructose is more beneficial. Do you combine frutctose & glucose ever, or are you mostly relying on glucose currently?

tyler

Yeah, your 100% right. I was reading pretty closely into @haidut's endotoxin studies and how fructose is more beneficial. Do you combine frutctose & glucose ever, or are you mostly relying on glucose currently?
My experience has been that as long as digestive transit and stool formation is fine, then endotoxin isn't much of an issue. Everyone is different- I would recommend to just pay attention to how you react and let that be the ultimate factor in your decisions.
But yes I combine them in almost every meal.

OP
J

Jsaute21

My experience has been that as long as digestive transit and stool formation is fine, then endotoxin isn't much of an issue. Everyone is different- I would recommend to just pay attention to how you react and let that be the ultimate factor in your decisions.
But yes I combine them in almost every meal.

Cool. I am a tad OCD by nature, so i apologize for the questions. Do you still take pansterone or are you more reliant on just vitamins and food now?

tyler

Cool. I am a tad OCD by nature, so i apologize for the questions. Do you still take pansterone or are you more reliant on just vitamins and food now?
No worries, I can relate.
The only supplement I take regularly is caffeine before workouts. Occasional cascara, digestive enzymes, and vitamin e. The only reason I've stopped other supplements is because I didn't notice a difference upon not using them. My body's endogenous systems seem to be running properly. However I wouldn't shy away if I thought they could help me- they were incredibly useful at the start of my journey.

OP
J

Jsaute21

Yeah, your a smart dude. It sounds like you are currently very in touch with your body, which is what it is all about.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom