Reacting Egg Shell Calcium & Cream Of Tartar In Water

Raincoast

I've been mixing 1/2 teaspoon egg shell powder with about 1/2 tablespoon of cream of tartar, and letting it sit about 12 hours. It releases co2 for a while, fizzy like. After sitting ends flat with some kind of crystallization that I sort of chew through and swallow. I checked the pH after fully reacted, around 8 or so.
Anyone with a chem background that might know if this may or may not be advisable? Any precipitates to worry about?
I do this mostly for absorption as I eat no fatty meals.

Elysium

I thought minerals, presumably calcium included, did not require fat to be absorbed, the way fat solluble vitamins are. Magnesium for example has best absorbtion if taken on an empty stomach. The stomach acid is all thats needed.

Which begs the question just what exactly are you doing?

OP
R

Raincoast

Trying to meet my calcium and potassium needs in one synergistic shot.

yurt

Cream of tartar (potassium bitartrate) is a metabolic poison and should mostly be avoided.

"Tartaric acid is a muscle toxin, which works by inhibiting the production of malic acid, and in high doses causes paralysis and death."

Reacting the eggshells with an acid before ingestion may be useful for some people though; you could try acetic acid (vinegar), or better still, L-malic acid.

marko9437

Cream of tartar (potassium bitartrate) is a metabolic poison and should mostly be avoided.

"Tartaric acid is a muscle toxin, which works by inhibiting the production of malic acid, and in high doses causes paralysis and death."
The citation is something written in 1861.

Examples of things that cause death in high doses: salt, magnesium, zinc, copper...

Bodrum

Reacting the eggshells with an acid before ingestion may be useful for some people though; you could try acetic acid (vinegar), or better still, L-malic acid.
Can you share some studies or info on cream of tsttar being poison. Thanks

Bodrum

The citation is something written in 1861.

Examples of things that cause death in high doses: salt, magnesium, zinc, copper...
You think cream of tartar is ok to consume, I put half a teaspoon on my adrenal cocktail twice a day

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals