Ray's Views On Darwin As Imperialist Racist

Sunny Jack

I would think that Ray is above 'pandering' to any audience, especially since he seems to make very little money from the people he helps. His email advice is free, his books are out of print, and he seems generally to be motivated by concerns other than the profit motive.

If Peat defends 'communist' themes, we may be reasonably certain that he genuinely believes in what he says.

burtlancast

I would think that Ray is above 'pandering' to any audience, he seems generally to be motivated by concerns other than the profit motive.

So then how does the man make a living?
Life ain't free for anyone.

Ray no exception.

achillea

At 83 most people do not need to make a living. His financial affairs are neither for your consideration or mine.

Waynish

I don't believe either Ray's a communist per se, but for some reason he has chosen to defend communist themes, most probably because he perceives his audience as the left leaning type, and he needs to pander to it.

Got to pay these bills.

Yep, I don't know how he works it into his mental framework, but it is definitely suspect! Especially when you throw out scientific observations via the weaponized words like "imperialist" and "racist" in today's environment. Ray was certainly influenced by Russian science and maybe he somehow gives credit to the insane conditions that were also happenstance in Russia. Any good Russian science likely developed despite communism, not because of it. However, someone as popular as he would be well advised not to become too political (he has confirmed this via stories) - as many of us here know the power of big pharma et al... I'll assume he lives up to his intellect and disguises himself and merely uses their weaponized language against them, when it is convenient. In this case, Darwin not being the bad guy - since he is dead and long gone - but Darwinism as it is *used* today: the teleological philosophy based on God's genetic code inscribed in deoxyribonucleic acids, and verified and measured by the designated institutions and authorities. Maybe he doesn't want to be an example of a species that got beaten out...

burtlancast

If Peat defends 'communist' themes, we may be reasonably certain that he genuinely believes in what he says.

Mmm...

Does Ray genuinely believe the reason Roosevelt was killed by the ruling class is his championing for the little guy and his reject of Nazism ?

Does he really believe "Lenin and Stalin were remarkable intellectuals"?

achillea

Lenin and Stalin were remarkable intellectuals who believed it was their political responsibility to be very well informed about cultural and scientific matters.

achillea

[QUOTE="Waynish, Maybe he doesn't want to be an example of a species that got beaten out...

What does this mean

Capt Nirvana

For anyone who has read Darwin, do you know where this part that Ray refers to would be found?

Do you think he's referring to the "naturalization hypothesis"?

eg "Darwin's naturalization hypothesis predicts that invasive species should perform better in their novel range in the absence of close relatives in the native flora due to reduced competition. " from A phylogenetic analysis of the British flora sheds light on the evolutionary and ecological factors driving plant invasions

or "“The Origin of Species,” Charles Darwin wrote that we shouldn’t be surprised by native species “being beaten and supplanted by the naturalised productions from another land.”

Darwin reasoned that these victories were inevitable. Different species might adapt to a particular ecological niche in different parts of the world. Put them in the same place, in the same niche, and one might well outcompete the other because it has evolved superior attributes." from Turning to Darwin to Solve the Mystery of Invasive Species

Mainly wondering whether/where Darwin specifically said English species would beat out foreign ones.

Thanks
John Taylor Gatto refers to the same and similar quotes in The Descent of Man, not in The Origin of Species, but newer editions have "edited" (el oh el) Darwin's politically-incorrect statements. Eugenics was a European juggernaut before it was ever given a name.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals