Ray's Hydrogenated Coconut Oil Hook Up

ilikecats

Does anyone know the website where ray order's his hydrogenated coconut oil from?

Lurker

so is all 92 degree coconut oil fully hydrogenated
and does it taste different?

Coconut Oil (92 degree)

All the refined CO is deodorized and neutral tasting. The hydrogenated should just have less pufa and therefore have the higher melt point. This may affect the mouth feel slightly. Some refined CO had a sort of chemical/plastic taste to it (e.g. Whole Foods brand) but other than that I have never tasted any differences.

mistermr

How do you guys know that these are safe for consumption? I have the one from bulk apothecary but it is intended for soap making. Are these just as pure as the food grade CO in the markets?

michael94

I believe so, the seller assured me it was fully hydrogenated and it forms a complete solid at room temerature.
I am going to attempt making masa with this instead of lard and see how it comes. For tamales so i will steam the dough, I prefer that a lot over corn tortillas.

goodandevil

I am going to attempt making masa with this instead of lard and see how it comes. For tamales so i will steam the dough, I prefer that a lot over corn tortillas.
It's the best-tasting coconut oil ive ever had, i think it tastes like lard actually

michael94

It's the best-tasting coconut oil ive ever had, i think it tastes like lard actually
good quality lard is not so bad I think, especially leaf lard which is a harder fat from by the kidneys. I give some to my dog every now and then with his meals and its not terribly expensive either although I havent eat mich ofbit myself thats what I would have before most other animal fats

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    291.7 KB · Views: 31
L

lollipop

good quality lard is not so bad I think, especially leaf lard which is a harder fat from by the kidneys. I give some to my dog every now and then with his meals and its not terribly expensive either although I havent eat mich ofbit myself thats what I would have before most other animal fats
@michael94 This looks amazing! Thank you for sharing :):

michael94

@michael94 This looks amazing! Thank you for sharing :):
pork fat seems to have a unique quality, I wonder if it related to pigs being most similar to humans in experiments. Anatomically speaking... More than "apes" in many ways. Some people think pigs were bred with human "genes" because of how similar we are, I have no idea myself

L

lollipop

pork fat seems to have a unique quality, I wonder if it related to pigs being most similar to humans in experiments. Anatomically speaking... More than "apes" in many ways. Some people think pigs were bred with human "genes" because of how similar we are, I have no idea myself
Interesting.

goodandevil

Yeah lard is tasty . . I think ray said there are things in addition to fat that make lard solid at room temperature. Im about to make some tamales soon myself

michael94

Yeah lard is tasty . . I think ray said there are things in addition to fat that make lard solid at room temperature. Im about to make some tamales soon myself

leaf lard I am unable to find fat breakdown on it but the melting point according to this wiki is 109 to 118 degrees Fahrenheit with regular lard being 86 to 104 Fahrenheit.

shepherdgirl

best roasted potatoes i have made...were in lard. golden, flaky crust like top-notch diner fries...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals