Ray Takes Low Dose Testosterone

Syncopated

I really don't understand why testosterone is seen in such a negative light.

Because Testosterone improves mind and body for a man. The opposite of what the medical community wants.

The deception spoken or written that Testosterone causes prostrate cancer is the medical communites choice to attempt to detract elder and middle age men from the truth.

Syncopated

Or they will think "If 1mg works well, imagine what 100mg would do!"

Ray takes 1mg everyday. 100mg would be in the form of a depot injection and is slowly absorbed throughout the month so about 3mg per day.

Syncopated

Perhaps he says this in the sense that it gives us access to products we don't have access to in Western countries, like small amounts of bioidentical hormones. Given his stance on contaminants I doubt he would recommend all/most chinese websites to order stuff but who knows.
As for Ray supplementing T, I'm not sure what the issue is, take what you want and what works from his ideas, supplementation habits (maybe) and diet and move on with your own life, choices and experimentation. I'm curious as to why he would favor taking T over thyroid or why he would need T when he can use thyroid, this would mean that T is giving him effects thyroid isn't.

Thyroid mostly affects respiration and body temperature. Testosterone affects muscle mass, speaking and confidence. Ray is probably taking Testosterone to gain muscle mass and improve confident speaking. Ray Peat has the experience to remain humble and not aggressive or arrogant while taking Testosterone.

Syncopated

He probably doesn't have much faith in Western quality control.

He's said pregnenolone and thyroid can restore healthy levels of testosterone, but he doesn't take pregnenolone (probably due to the allergenicity.)

Therefore, it would be reasonable to assume that coffee with progesterone and testosterone (along with a good diet and other fat-solubles) could mimic the effects of thyroid and pregnenolone.

I would like Ray Peat to learn about the Clark liver cleanse. Dr. H.R. Clark claims that doing the liver purge will eliminate allergies. Ray Peat needs to learn more about allergy cures.

Syncopated

I've learned a lot from Dr. Peat, am still learning a lot from him, and easily consider him a genius/one of the smartest people I have ever come across, but he tends to make exaggerated claims about what a good diet can do for you in terms of fixing health issues which personally has made me obsess way too much about finding the right diet for me/improving my thyroid function when the reality is that certain things just need drugs/hormones to fix.

Why did you categorize drugs and hormones together? No drugs are required except aspirin.

Please give an example of a required drug.

Syncopated

Ray is clearly going through a midlife crisis, guys. Just leave him be, I am confident he will get over it on his own.

He just needs some time to accept the fact that the chance for that super-swole XXX bod is many days behind him.

Foolish post.

He doesn't take pregnenolone anymore, hasn't for years, he currently only gets about 500mg of caffeine from coffee per day on average, takes small amounts of DHEA and Progesterone,

Thats nonsense to me. You'd better take pregnenolone and let the body use it as its needs rather to directly take the donwstream hormones dhea and progesterone.

Constatine

Because Testosterone improves mind and body for a man. The opposite of what the medical community wants.

The deception spoken or written that Testosterone causes prostrate cancer is the medical communites choice to attempt to detract elder and middle age men from the truth.
Well said.

D

danishispsychic

Ray Peat and a superhero. He has taught me more that anyone other person on this planet about the body and nutrients. I hope he lives to 120. If you are reading this Dr. Peat- don't listen to the haters. You RULE.

T

tca300

Thats nonsense to me. You'd better take pregnenolone and let the body use it as its needs rather to directly take the donwstream hormones dhea and progesterone.
He stopped taking it because he was haveing allergic reactions to it, not nonsense.

He stopped taking it because he was haveing allergic reactions to it, not nonsense.

He took 1 gram a day for a year with no problem, now he doesnt take it because allergic reaction? wow this man walks on extremes sometimes...

T

tca300

He took 1 gram a day for a year with no problem, now he doesnt take it because allergic reaction? wow this man walks on extremes sometimes...
People become sensitive/ allergic to things all the time.. how is that extreme?
Maybe what your saying might make sense if he recommended everyone take massive doses, then changed his opinion to everyone should avoid it because its poison.

NathanK

I suggest the book "Testosterone for Life" by Abraham Morgentaller.
Why and how is this relevant to my commentary on RPF memebers?

I'm aware of Morgentaller's book and have taken testosterone before, which is still irrelevant.

sladerunner69

It's pointless trying to convince anyone to do anything diet wise don't worry about it.

I could at least say I want to show them how to eat peatish, and then they can experience the benefits for themselves and come tot heir own decisions. I don't push it on anyone though.

Fantix

I think he took even more, 3-4 grams a day. But that was pregnenolone powder from Synthex (high purity) back in 1984.

He stopped because of excipients or contamintants from other brands that gave him intestinal inflammatiom symptoms.

schultz

If being PUFA deficient doesn't make you a god, what's the point of giving up fries and fried chicken tho. Nomsayin ;)

'Cause they make you feel like crap

Haha, yah there's that. Also, I would rather not get cancer.

Plus french fries and fried chicken can be cooked in a low PUFA oil. If you use chicken breast the PUFA would be minimal. I just had french fries last night that I deep fried in ghee. They were really good! I was deep frying in hydrogenated coconut oil, but I ran out.

There is an awesome fried chicken recipe by Thomas Keller. I haven't made it in like 5 years since I started "Peating" but was recently thinking about it. I did the recipe once with chicken breast chopped into 1 inch pieces and it was amazing. The flavour for the recipe comes from the fact that the chicken is brined, so the cut doesn't matter so much.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals