Ray Takes Low Dose Testosterone

ddjd

I had a brief email exchange with Ray regarding testosterone replacement therapy. I asked if he's ever used bioidential testosterone

"It’s essential to have everything else in place, thyroid, calcium, magnesium, protein, vitamin D, vitamin E, pregnenolone, DHEA; then one milligram per day can have very strong effects, quickly."

He says he uses Plain Testosterone dissolved in vitamin E. "It is very well absorbed by the lips or tongue."

My question is, is this a powder or liquid, and what is the chemical name?

Last edited:

Steve

Any idea "why" he takes it?
With all of his knowledge you'd think he'd have everything else optimized & his body would take care of testosterone all by itself.
But maybe things just don't work quite right when you get older no matter what you do.

skycop00

Any idea "why" he takes it?
With all of his knowledge you'd think he'd have everything else optimized & his body would take care of testosterone all by itself.
But maybe things just don't work quite right when you get older no matter what you do.
Why be normal for 70 something ??? ...BE SUPERHUMAN....lol

OP
ddjd

ddjd

turns out hes taking the pure crystalline form otherwise known as Testosterone Base. its meant to be very potent

whats confusing me is that everyone in TRT circles says oral administration is very ineffective and a complete waste of time apparantly. i dont know what to believe

Sobieski

turns out hes taking the pure crystalline form otherwise known as Testosterone Base. its meant to be very potent

whats confusing me is that everyone in bodybuilding/broscience circles says oral administration is very ineffective and a complete waste of time apparantly. i dont know what to believe

From a bodybuilding perspective; I imagine it is a waste of time. They are trying to induce supra-physiological muscle growth and recovery from large training volumes and intensities so for that purpose it's probably not worth it. Ray on the other hand probably uses it to maintain quality of life (He is in his 80's I believe after all).

he's taking it topically, the lips and tongue are good ways to absorb the T when combined with vitamin E.

lampofred

So he needs 30 cups of coffee, thyroid, progesterone, pregnenolone, DHEA, and now testosterone too even after decades of being PUFA free and basically following an orthorexic diet?

Doesn't inspire much confidence in his dietary suggestions

raypeatclips

So he needs 30 cups of coffee, thyroid, progesterone, pregnenolone, DHEA, and now testosterone too even after decades of being PUFA free and basically following an orthorexic diet?

He doesn't drink 30 cups a day haha. Also doesn't use some of those anymore as far as I know.

I sort of agree with what you are saying, but I guess food can't be everything, and smart supplementation compliments a good diet. He is still just a regular guy after all.

Aleeri

Guys do you think just following a peat diet will make you still feel like in your 20s when you're 80 or what? No diet in the world can reverse aging like that, neither can any supplement. You will age even if you get your PUFAs to 0 for all you're life, come on.

He obviously uses it for quality of life and as an anti-aging remedy, at 80 years old T levels will be much lower than earlier in life.

Pine pollen is consumed as a food and supplement in Asian cultures and contains small amounts of natural hormones such as testosterone. In tincture form it would be similar to what Ray is doing. How is that as a food/supplement different from T or coffee for that matter?

Besides, you do realize that coffee is very much a hack and kinda not a food right? Good luck consuming coffee without the invention of fire or the processing, that would be some nasty ***t.

Besides 1mg sublingual is a very small dosage that would just give prompt effects I would believe and don't cause any clear spikes on blood tests. It's not oral use its topical but consumed through the mucus membranes.

Dhair

Guys do you think just following a peat diet will make you still feel like in your 20s when you're 80 or what? No diet in the world can reverse aging like that, neither can any supplement. You will age even if you get your PUFAs to 0 for all you're life, come on.

He obviously uses it for quality of life and as an anti-aging remedy, at 80 years old T levels will be much lower than earlier in life.

Pine pollen is consumed as a food and supplement in Asian cultures and contains small amounts of natural hormones such as testosterone. In tincture form it would be similar to what Ray is doing. How is that as a food/supplement different from T or coffee for that matter?

Besides, you do realize that coffee is very much a hack and kinda not a food right? Good luck consuming coffee without the invention of fire or the processing, that would be some nasty ***t.

Besides 1mg sublingual is a very small dosage that would just give prompt effects I would believe and don't cause any clear spikes on blood tests. It's not oral use its topical but consumed through the mucus membranes.
Glad someone said this.
The man is close to 90 and he's sharper and healthier than most people half his age in the modern world. We're in no position to criticize his optimization techniques.

T

tca300

He doesn't take pregnenolone anymore, hasn't for years, he currently only gets about 500mg of caffeine from coffee per day on average, takes small amounts of DHEA and Progesterone, and doesn't use thyroid regularly. Ohh.. not to mention hes in his 80's and has put his body through hell with past poor dietary choices. And got started with good eating late in life. I think you are being extremely unrealistic/unfair as well as asserting things about him that are not true. Lets see how you are doing at 80+ with no doctors or pharmaceuticals.

goodandevil

I wish we had a dependable source. I'm looking at landmarkchem, chinese. I have lowtiyel now and it's working quite well. You'd think ray would prefer transdermal, but for a 1mg dose maybe any potential contaminants don't matter. Unreasonable that quality testosterone is so difficult to obtain, but im glad at least progesterone is availablr for women and older people. Ray says china has the best pharmecuticals now- how times have changed.

ilikecats

@tca300 are you sure he doesn’t take thyroid daily? I just asked someone about this and they said he takes thyroid everyday.

T

tca300

Can you be more specific?
He was so impressed by wheat germ curing his fathers diabetes that he lived off it for over a year... and his diet has been pretty typical of what others were eating the majority of his life.