Ray Peats Thoughts On Childhood Vaccinations, Flu Shots, Etc

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Has he said anything about them?

J

j.

Re: Ray Peats Thoughts on Childhood Vaccinations, Flu Shots,

This is not Peat, but Mercola said one should keep vitamin D levels up to protect from the flu, instead of using vaccines.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

I been meaning to order some Vitamin D.

kiran

Peat has said that vaccinations is a stressor (toxin?) in one of his interviews, IIRC.

John Eels

Ever since I started supplementing with 5000 IU Vitamin D3 I haven't been severly sick. Some caughing. Certainly not bed ridden. Vitamin D3 supplments are great at boosting immunity.

chris

After getting a flu shot several years ago and shortly after getting flu, my parents have commented I've never been the same since that flu shot. Another flu shot I had gave me constant anxiety for 3 weeks after, one of the worst periods of my life. Not a fan of flu shots.

J

j.

If I had to guess, I would guess the flu shot is a bad idea. But what are the worst possible consequences that are attributed to it?

kiran

I've always felt feverish after a flu shot. Almost like a mild flu itself. I'm pretty suspicious of all vaccinations now.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

John Eels said:
Ever since I started supplementing with 5000 IU Vitamin D3 I haven't been severly sick. Some caughing. Certainly not bed ridden. Vitamin D3 supplments are great at boosting immunity.

Just started taking D yesterday! :rockout

chris said:
After getting a flu shot several years ago and shortly after getting flu, my parents have commented I've never been the same since that flu shot. Another flu shot I had gave me constant anxiety for 3 weeks after, one of the worst periods of my life. Not a fan of flu shots.

Wow, that stinks! :(

chris said:
j. said:
If I had to guess, I would guess the flu shot is a bad idea. But what are the worst possible consequences that are attributed to it?

Death attributed to it. http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/367 ... ng-flu-jab

Well, thats as bad a consequence as it comes.

kiran said:
I'm pretty suspicious of all vaccinations now.

:silent:

John Eels

Why isn't it more well known that Vitamin D and other fat soluble vitamins have immunity boosting effects? Vitamin D seems supplementation is so simple and not dangerous at all in comparison to vaccination. I baffled.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Study: Whooping cough outbreak linked to vaccinated children
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/323187

An investigation by California doctors has revealed that the state's latest outbreak of whooping cough centered around children who had already received the whooping cough vaccine, Reuters reports.

In 2009, four separate Canadian studies concluded that the seasonal flu shot massively increases the likelihood of contracting the H1N1 flu. According to Science Daily, recipients of the seasonal flu vaccine were up to 250% more likely to be infected by the H1N1 variant than those who did not receive the injection.

chris

Funny you post that Charlie, my dad and I both got whooping cough vaccine and were the only two in my family to get whooping cough. As a result I've had asthma ever since, before whooping cough I had no breathing problems whatsoever.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Chris, bummer. :(

chris

Asthma has 80-90% gone now but it has taken almost 12 years...

Spacehoppa

The sickest I've ever been with the flu in my life was the year I got the flu shot. I ended up with pneumonia. Never again.

chris

Spacehoppa said:
The sickest I've ever been with the flu in my life was the year I got the flu shot.

Exactly this. Went to a music festival a few years ago with a group of about 15 people, only one with a flu shot, only one who got the flu. The last night of the festival I genuinely thought I might die.

biggirlkisss

I'm sure he is against them.

sileindigo

I would really like to know more detailed information on his stance regarding childhood vaccines, especially. Or vaccines that people get when they travel. There just seems to be so much conflicting information out there! My gut feeling says 'bad', and I am definitely against flu/whooping cough/chickenpox vaccination. But those 'scary' childhood diseases are a little more of a grey area. Especially polio. (I have read the theory that when vaccines were introduced, the diseases were already on the decline due to improved sanitation, less toxic pesticides etc, but that was only from one book).
I'd just like to have some cold hard facts from a credible source to back up my gut feelings, if there are any! ; )
So if anyone here knows of any other sources for good, accurate info on vaccines, or what Ray thinks about them, I'd love to hear! : )

Lucy

Chris Kresser discusses vaccines here:

http://chriskresser.com/coq10-vaccinati ... -migraines

While I don't agree with him on everything, I think overall he's a smart guy and probably researched this topic in depth, because not long ago he had to face a decision whether to vaccinate his own child.

Unfortunately I can't help you further as I have no idea what Peat thinks about them.