Ray Peats Thoughts On Antibiotic Ointment For Cuts And Burns

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Has Ray Peat ever mentioned anything about antibiotic ointments? Is there a better choice for cuts and burns?

narouz

Re: Ray Peats Thoughts on Antibiotic Ointment For Cuts and B

Charlie said:
Has Ray Peat ever mentioned anything about antibiotic ointments? Is there a better choice for cuts and burns?

Aloe has helped me a lot.
Boy Charlie, you been having a rough time here lately!
Hang in there.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Thanks kiran and narouz. I decided not to tell this story but here it goes anyways.

Yeh, in my complete fog, yesterday, I decided I was going to make rice. Only because I was craving toasted bread and was trying to feed the craving. Grabbed ahold of something really hot without even thinking. I shouldnt even been allowed in the kitchen because I was totally out of it and obviously a danger to myself. :-?

Needless to say its been a challenging week so far. :lol:

narouz

Well keep yer chin up, Charlie!
I hate burns,
so I sympathize.

By the way, I trying out that new ProSilver thing.
It seems okay so far.
Maybe not as pretty, but I don't find any too off-putting so far.
I will continue to test it out later this afternoon and evening
when I have more time....

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Thanks narouz!

NO rush on the testing.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

The speed at which this burn is healing is incredible. Maybe it's the higher metabolism, maybe it's the progesterone( Progest-E ). Maybe it's both! Whatever it is, wow!

Jenn

An aloe leaf is excellent, so is gelatin. My son had a open wound on his toe for MONTHS...he kept stubbing it. Finally, I MADE him put some gelatin on it. It hardened up like a second skin and closed up completely in a few days. It's like the skin ate the gelatin and was able to use it immediately....even though we ate gelatin all the time.

kiran

I've tried using sugar syrup on cuts and it seems to kill the pain and make it heal faster.

honeybee

This is going to sound totally wacked the first time I read about it I was supremely skeptical but im going to piut it out there anyway... I did the same thing last summer I grabbed an oven hot metal pan. It hurt so bad i thought I was going to end up in the ER. Which I did not wanto do. So I did some one handed googling and found a reference for aluminum foil on burns. Wrapped my hand in aluminum foil alike a mitten and left it on there. THey said it wold hurt even worse but the pain would go away. It hurt for about 15 mins then gradually stopped. I left it on or about 30 mins. When I toolkit off here were faint red marks but no blisters. I never did blister or peel. I'm no sure how it works but i have since replicated the results with two small finger burns. Same thing.
Also, thinkitonly works right after the injury. In the past, I used to apply honey to burns and it would heal amazing fast. Natural antibiotic was used as field dressing during civil war.
Wacked but it works.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Honeybee, have to admit the aluminum thing does sound pretty whacked out. But I did google it and people do claim it works. I guess it draws the heat out?

kiran

Charlie said:
Honeybee, have to admit the aluminum thing does sound pretty whacked out. But I did google it and people do claim it works. I guess it draws the heat out?

I think it also keeps the CO2 in. I've tried it and it seems to work pretty well btw.