1. **NEW Mini Body Light** MBL11 - Orange, Red & Infrared Therapy Mini Body Light
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Cocoa Butter - Organic & Fair Trade Certified
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Ray Peat's Response For Inguinal Hernia. Need To Know How To Apply

Discussion in 'Ask For Help or Advice' started by DevilHands, May 14, 2018.

1. DevilHands

DevilHands Member

Hi guys, as some of you might know I had a case of Inguinal Hernia to which I am trying to cure through an orthomolecular doctor. Thing is it doesnt seem to be working... although the doctor told me that it needs more time.

I decided to ask Dr. Peat and see if he would know anything about it and this is his response.

"The balance of the hormones, especially steroids, is the most important factor in hernias or organ prolapse or other connective tissue weakness. Too much cortisol creates a catabolic condition, weakening fascia, ligaments, muscles, etc., and the constructive hormones are pregnenolone, DHEA, testosterone, and vitamin D. Vitamin D, especially when the diet contains an abundance of calcium, lowers the parathyroid hormone, which is catabolic. When the PTH is high (because of high dietary phosphate and/or low calcium and vitamin D), muscles and tendons are weakened."

Thing is... before I got the Hernia, I was following a pretty Peatish diet. Yes... my calcium is probably high? I was drinking a liter of it each day. I also took Vit D supplements. I am not sure if my Vit D is low, although I am in a tropical country. Originally, I was following a Peatish diet because of hair loss... now though it seems it could have actually caused my Hernia with Dr. Peat's response about calcium.

With his response does it mean I need to take pregnenolone, DHEA, testosterone and vit D all at the same time?

2. Ella

Ella Member

What is your PTH levels now??

3. goodandevil

goodandevil Member

Ive had success rebuilding that tissue with dht ... coming from terminally bad abdominopelvic function.

4. goodandevil

goodandevil Member

Id recommend vitamin d, u can take a once weekly dose, pregnenolone, testosterone, and dht, along with glute bridges and lunges especially, also declije ab bench, and of course plenty of protein intake. I mix 4 scoops of collagen into a half gallon of skim milk with fructose. 100 grams of protein.

5. Luckytype

Luckytype Member

What are your body stats?

What were you doing to cause the hernia? Any ideas?

6. OP
    DevilHands

DevilHands Member

Hi, as of now I don't know about my PTH levels. Last thyroid check was I think around 3 years ago although they seem to be normal...

Goodnevil- I am a little bit scared of DHT because I do have problems with my hair...... my orthomolecular doctor is trying to fix my issue by giving me lots of vitamin C... from what I can tell Vitamin C can be use for collager repair...

Luckytype- Around 150lbs, 5'7. I used to be fairly ripped, but stopped because I was trying to fix my hair. It was kinda recent that I started to work out again. It was sometime in Feb where I felt the hernia, to be frank I don't know how it happened. It's like when I just woke up I felt a dull pain in my groin that never went away. Suspect could be my workout (I was doing the body beast video almost every night) but I don't remember having that pain while I was working out.

7. goodandevil

goodandevil Member

Check out whay ray says about synthetic vitamin c ... it's not good, because of toxic metal catalysts.

8. OP
    DevilHands

DevilHands Member

Yea... I know Ray does like supplements in general. I am however desperate to have this fixed. My hernia could be caused by trying to follow a Peatish diet probably without knowing I made a mistake somewhere.

I just feel like I need someone who can advice me as which is why I am trusting this "as of the moment" to an orthomolecular doctor since its easier to access him. Recently, he seems to have up his dosage for natural pain relievers that seems to be helping... I think....while trying to fix my issue. I am still observing though as I just got the new set of supplements yesterday.

I will still follow some peatish guidelines like avoiding PUFA, but I don't consume milk and carrot salad as much as I use to. I'll also try to consume more gelatin.

If this doesn't work then yea... I guess I'll look into those constructive hormones Dr. Peat has talked about.....

9. TibRex

TibRex Member

@DevilHands

Avoid cold foods and drinks. esp. raw food like salad.

Remedies for IH [1] Yoga (Viparita Karani) [2] TCM (Bu Zhong Yi Qi Tang) [3] Hawthorn (or Hawthornia, HernEase - combo herb formulations)

Source: Holistic Remedy For Inguinal Hernia

More info:
    What Traditional Chinese Medicine Has To Say About Hernias
    Famous Chinese Formula (6): HernEase (Wuhui Yushan)

Yoga posture (Viparita Karani) : Viparitakarini - Google Search

TCM - Bu Zhong Yi Qi Tang - Google Search

(take a snapshot of any of the images above and show it to a shop assistant in TCM retail outlet)

Hawthornia: Hawthornia - chinese medicine for hernia - Google Search