Ray Peat’s 8000 Calorie Diet?

managing

Not sure what relevance this is to how calorie-dense they were.o_O
The person you responded to seemed to be suggesting that RP was eating "crap" when he was young. I was saying it wouldn't have been as crappy as it is today due to much more SFA/less PUFA. Similar calorie density of course. But, if it was in fact a calorie surplus, would not be expected to be as harmful to health as same junk food today.

theLaw

The person you responded to seemed to be suggesting that RP was eating "crap" when he was young. I was saying it wouldn't have been as crappy as it is today due to much more SFA/less PUFA. Similar calorie density of course. But, if it was in fact a calorie surplus, would not be expected to be as harmful to health as same junk food today.

I think the OP was correlating calories and junk-food, which is probably not true given that the food industry hadn't started selling "low-calorie/fat" yet.

12diet33-1024x675.jpg

schultz

Can't you just send a mail to the newsletter email address you used to suscribe?

Okay I messaged them and they put me on a list of people to be notified when they start getting the older newsletters digitized. So apparently these will eventually be available, which is fantastic.

Wagner83

Okay I messaged them and they put me on a list of people to be notified when they start getting the older newsletters digitized. So apparently these will eventually be available, which is fantastic.
Thanks for the update.

revenant

During his youth, Dr. Peat had hypothyroidism, which, in a paraphrase of his words can cause a "wasting" of calories

How does that work? Hypothyroidism = slower metabolism = less calories burned. Sounds like you would gain a lot of weight on an 8000 kcal diet if you were hypothyroid to boot.

DaveFoster

How does that work? Hypothyroidism = slower metabolism = less calories burned. Sounds like you would gain a lot of weight on an 8000 kcal diet if you were hypothyroid to boot.
Some people have hypothyroidism with low body fat percentages as with "wasting syndrome" (cachexia). Triggered by stress, the fat-burning (lipolytic) hormones maintain blood sugar levels, and some dramatically increase the metabolic rate, such as adrenaline. Thyroid normally regulates sugar metabolism, but a higher caloric intake, particularly of carbohydrate can stabilize the body's blood sugar and limit any activation of the stress response and protect against the tissue breakdown of stress hormones such as adrenaline, glucagon, cortisol and so on.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals