Ray peat work lunch ideas?

Lunches are brutal for me. When I'm home I can cook but what can I take with me to work.?!

I really don't know. The traditional working mans lunch is not conducive to health. Niether is microwave food or eating out.

Martin

I've recently started making protein shakes (2 cups of milk, 2 cups of frozen fruit, 2-4 scoops of great lakes collagen, 2-4 teaspoons of sugar). It can keep well in a large vacuum flask. Depending on how strict you are you can use frozen mixed berries, frozen strawberries, frozen bananas or frozen orange juice concentrate.

retroactive

I often bring some of a cup of salty gelatinous broth, carrot salad or just a carrot, milk, oj, a tonic water, cheese, or meat. a hard boiled egg could be good too.

dukesbobby777

Cheese and orange juice if you are extremely lazy. I don’t particularly care for such a combination but it nails everything related to hunger. The saturated fat will also help a lot with satiety.

If I’m in a store or just rushing out the door, and I literally have no time, this is sometimes a last gasp option that never fails.

tara

I'm not sure what Ray Peat eats for lunch when he's working, but I use a microwave to heat a meal, eg potatoes and other root veges with meat or other protein. Fruit for snacks. If milk and cheese agree with you, they are easy. Lightly boiled eggs as part of variation. Jelly made from fruit juice.
If you cook at home, can't you just take whatever you cook with you to work?

TripleOG

Fruit, milk, juice, greek yogurt, cheese, hard boiled egg, coffee for portability and no cook time.

Or just make something at home and store in a thermos to eat later.

Steve

I can not figure out how to eat and be satisfied without a starch. A good lunch for me would be fruit to start, then a bowl of rice with meat and veggies and sauce. If I could eat Chinese or Thai food for every meal that would make me happy (minus the vegetable oil they use).
Whenever I try to stick with the core Ray Peat recommended foods I don't feel like I had a proper meal.

Except for something like a bone broth soup. That's quite filling. But to buy bone broth it costs a fortune, and to make it takes a lot of time. But I could probably eat that for lunch every day and be happy.

Jessie

I find Danny's "mushroom skillet" dish to be very easy to make, and you can make a bunch up ahead of time and separate the servings. Take them to work or wherever you're going. You can also make a simple porridge out of masa harina and water or milk. It's actually pretty good despite the simplicity. I usually flavor it with some salt and oxtail jelly (broth). Cheese with honey and/or fruit slices is also a great idea.

OccamzRazer

Aged cheese and dried fruit.

Mastodonhugger

Thank you all, this actually helped a lot. I guess simplicity is key. Imma try and bring lots of fruit and cheese, meat, and soups.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
md_a Vitamin D, Calcium and mineral metabolism with Dr Ray Peat and Kate Deering Interviews 2
boris Ray Peat Interview Ray Peat Live Now on Patrick Timpone June 2021 Interviews 5
Mito Criticisms of the Ray Peat pro-metabolic bioenergetic nutrition strategy Ray Peat Topics 70
DojaCat Can anyone guide me to the overall best threads to help me understand the gist of ray peat Ask For Help or Advice 21
Rinse & rePeat Big Muscles Little Fat - Lose Fat The Ray Peat Way! Diet 77
V Google appears to be burying Ray Peat search results Ask For Help or Advice 14
D New Ray Peat Interview on One Radio Network / Patrick Timpone Interviews 2
DannyIrons™ Back on the Ray Peat 'Diet'. Ask For Help or Advice 22
Christopher R. Ray Peat is Not About Diet but Rather a Way of Living Life? Interviews 12
T What's the rationale behind Ray Peat drinking lidocaine to cure colitis? Digestion 21
S-VV Ray Peat on Fatigue Articles & Newsletters 17
Nemo Ray Peat Recommends This Analysis of Moon Landing Fakery Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 15
Rinse & rePeat Ray Peat & Blood Typing Cancer, Degenerative Diseases 37
L Ray Peat Interview April 2021 - Danny Roddy, Ray Peat, Georgi Dinkov - Bioenergetic Nutrition Basics | "The Ray Peat Diet" | Appetite and Metabolism with Ray Peat Interviews 8
David PS Ray Peat Interview All things hormones, metabolism and health with Dr Ray Peat & Emma Sgourakis Interviews 3
H All things hormones, metabolism and health with Dr Ray Peat & Emma Sgourakis Interviews 1
S Histamine intolerance explained through a Ray Peat prism Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 49
P How to get in contact with Ray Peat himself Ask For Help or Advice 4
Blaze Ray Peat dissed by Dr. Tom Cowan on Patrick Timpone show Ask For Help or Advice 28
A New to ray peat, trying a lot of haidut and Ray’s recommendations but what am I missing? Metabolism 10
C Ray Peat breakfast ideas? Diet 5
RyanHeeney I'm starting a website based on the metabolism and Dr. Ray Peat's ideas. Ray Peat Topics 28
meatbag OtBoaT Ray Peat Day 1 Transcript-Personal Background, Influences, and View of Reality and Organisms Audio Interview Transcripts 1
D Anti-Peat Thoughts on this Video by a carnivore attacking the ray peat diet (Harry Serpanos) Debate - Anti-Peat 6
David PS Ray Peat Interview Jodellfit - Dr Ray Peat - Hormone Replacement, Thyroid, Frequent Snacking, Chronic Fatigue and more Q&A Interviews 4
Grapelander #50: DHT for Hair Growth? | New Ray Peat Interviews | Keto and Mitochondria | Childhood Trauma Interviews 14
Grapelander Ray Peat on the Coronavirus, Immunity,& Vaccines Part 4_08.08.2020 Politics and Science Radio Show 1
SuperStressed Ray Peat Interview Dr. Ray Peat, Day One: Full Interview from On the Back of a Tiger Interviews 71
Sam321 Ray Peat inspired mayo Diet 8
D Ray Peat Search down? Interviews 3
D Complete list Ray Peat newsletters Articles & Newsletters 3
L Ray Peat Interview Jan 2020 - Danny Roddy, Ray Peat, Georgi Dinkov - #47: The Power Elite | Vaccines | Hair Loss | UFOs | Surviving The Great Reset Interviews 102
J How does Ray Peat make coffee? Ask For Help or Advice 8
Inaut Ray Peat Torrent Resources 12
joshquintanilla Anti-Peat New Soundbite- Jack Kruse on Ray Peat Debate - Anti-Peat 47
L Ray Peat Interview Dec 2020 - Danny Roddy, Ray Peat, Georgi Dinkov - Body Temperature, Current Events, Etc. Interviews 21
Simatta Ray Peat-Inspired Infographic Diet, Recipes 52
livesimply Available EBooks Directly From Ray Peat Book Recommendations 0
L Ray Peat Interview Nov 2020 - Danny Roddy, Ray Peat, Georgi Dinkov - Bioenergetics, Thyroid, Stress, News Interviews 8
Hgreen56 Ray Peat (high Sugar) Diet Works Only Temporarily (?) Diet 3
B Ray Peat, William Blake Thesis 1960 Book Recommendations 1
JayDee 2020.01.20 : Dr. Ray Peat On Cosmology & Transforming Society | Cooperation Paradigm Audio Interview Transcripts 1
JayDee 2020.06.10 : Jodellefit : Dr Ray Peat Q&A - Weight Loss, Stretch Marks, Hydrogen, Negative Ions Audio Interview Transcripts 4
RealNeat "Search By Word" Ray Peat Transcripts + Emails Resources 12
L Ray Peat Interview Danny Roddy, Ray Peat, Georgi Dinkov - Oct 30, 2020 Interviews 11
D Danks' Ray Peat Journey Ask For Help or Advice 1
Lejeboca Ray Peat Interview Oct 2020 - Danny Roddy, Ray Peat, Georgi Dinkov Interviews 0
youngsinatra Bodybuilding Diet With Ray Peat Principles Discussing Dietary Models 38
Brundle Ray Peat And Stalinism Metabolism 245
E Philosopher AI About Ray Peat Miscellaneous 33