Ray Peat: The Biology Of Carbon Dioxide[October.9,2010]

Gregory Taper

Recorded on October 9, 2010
The Biology of Carbon Dioxide

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZkGxrntmTE[/youtube]

In this video, Dr. Ray Peat discusses his alternative views on carbon dioxide as it relates to Biology. In his view, the health of the organism is governed by the stability and coherent functioning of its cells and tissues. Carbon dioxide, through a variety of biochemical reactions, is one of the chief agents of this stability. Rather than being a toxic metabolic afterthought, it is integral to health, emotional wellbeing and longevity.

Dr. Peat started his scientific career in the 70's with Dr. Soderwall at the University of Oregon. He is a doctor of Biology who specializes in the physiology of organisms, with an emphasis on the energy and structure of living systems.

His notable influences cited in the video include: Dr. Gilbert Ling, William Koch, Albert Szent-Gyorgyi, Otto Warburg and Hans Selye. Other people mentioned include Swedenborg, J.C. Bose, William Blake, S.W. Stromp and Mae-Won Ho.

G

gummybear

Highly interesting video. Didn't know carbonated water/drinks is healthy.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

yerrag

Highly interesting video. Didn't know carbonated water/drinks is healthy.
I drink water that has baking soda in it. I put about 1/2 tsp per liter, or about 2 tsp per gallon. I wonder if anyone would know if this has the same effect as drinking carbonated water, without the fizz of course. And I don't really know if this is an optimal amount already. Maybe I could add less or add more. Of course, the taste becomes less bearable as the concentration of baking soda increases.

dannibo

Recorded on October 9, 2010
The Biology of Carbon Dioxide

[youtube][/youtube]

In this video, Dr. Ray Peat discusses his alternative views on carbon dioxide as it relates to Biology. In his view, the health of the organism is governed by the stability and coherent functioning of its cells and tissues. Carbon dioxide, through a variety of biochemical reactions, is one of the chief agents of this stability. Rather than being a toxic metabolic afterthought, it is integral to health, emotional wellbeing and longevity.

Dr. Peat started his scientific career in the 70's with Dr. Soderwall at the University of Oregon. He is a doctor of Biology who specializes in the physiology of organisms, with an emphasis on the energy and structure of living systems.

His notable influences cited in the video include: Dr. Gilbert Ling, William Koch, Albert Szent-Gyorgyi, Otto Warburg and Hans Selye. Other people mentioned include Swedenborg, J.C. Bose, William Blake, S.W. Stromp and Mae-Won Ho.

The video has dissappeared!