Ray Peat: "Sprouts Are Good Nutrition Like A Leave"

Optimus

Ray peat clearly says good things about the sprouts in the below video. But why aren't we talking about sprouts much more on the forum? One of the main challenges with Peat style of diet is lack of dense/solid foods and the spouts may nicely fill that gap?

Appreciate other perspectives.

ShotTrue

I know in Nathan Hatch's book he says most of his grains are sprouts. I havent read the specific chapter yet

Kartoffel

It's easy to make sprouts yourself.

Jupp. It should only take 2-3 days to sprout brown rice. I plan on experimenting a little with sprouted rice next week.

OP
O

Optimus

Is he talking about the stalks/leaves or soaked grains?
soaked grains

It's easy to make sprouts yourself.
Yeah it’s easy. The point is why we don’t talk much about it here on the forum. This can be an easy way to fill for certain nutritious foods often lacking in liquids (milk, OJ) minus muscle meats.

Arnold Grape

Anyone try micro greens? I’ve been experimenting with them lately to good effect. A lot like eating some oysters, it feels like I am being repleted of something.

Last edited:

Sunrise

Ray peat clearly says good things about the sprouts in the below video. But why aren't we talking about sprouts much more on the forum? One of the main challenges with Peat style of diet is lack of dense/solid foods and the spouts may nicely fill that gap?

Appreciate other perspectives.

But he says at the end..specially if well cooked. So do one have to cook the sprouted grains? And what would be 'well cooked? 5 hours like the mushrooms :)

lvysaur

But he says at the end..specially if well cooked. So do one have to cook the sprouted grains?
I have eaten beans and lentils that are sprouted.
Soak in water, dry and keep covered for 1-2 days. I cook them when I see a tiny little root protruding out.
They never gave me gas, whereas normal beans do.