Ray Peat recommends Massage for Hair Growth

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
Min

were you able to do these right away? I’ve tried scalp exercises like Tom Hagerty’s where he moves the scalp without use of his hands, but my scalp just won’t move like that.
I have been trying to move my occipitalis muscles for the last three days and it took two days to actually tell that the frontalis had any movement. It can only be felt and not seen but there is some movement in the muscle. I could already move my ears slightly. I try to contract the occipitalis muscles whenever I think about it. My husband can't move his ears yet.

Summer

I have been trying to move my occipitalis muscles for the last three days and it took two days to actually tell that the frontalis had any movement. It can only be felt and not seen but there is some movement in the muscle. I could already move my ears slightly. I try to contract the occipitalis muscles whenever I think about it. My husband can't move his ears yet.
Oh wow. I guess I need to put in more time than just a few minutes of trying. Thanks for sharing.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
Oh wow. I guess I need to put in more time than just a few minutes of trying. Thanks for sharing.
You're welcome and good luck. It takes a little focus to get it contracting but then it is easy.

Mauritio

Min

were you able to do these right away? I’ve tried scalp exercises like Tom Hagerty’s where he moves the scalp without use of his hands, but my scalp just won’t move like that.
I was in my early twenties just for context.

No, it took about a month to contract the occipitalis externis muscle .

JDreamer

You should check this out. It's the growband and it basically relaxes the scalp perimeter muscles which allows more blood flow to regrow hair.

Absolutely amazing video. I can't believe big pharma has been lying to us for so long about the TRUE cause of male pattern baldness.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sq5QYSNL_Ds&t=140s

After watching this I decided to use my laser thermometer to measure the temperature of the top of my scalp vs. the front of my forehead and it was a stark difference 85.3 fahrenheit vs. 93.8.

I feel like based on both temps there's potential for legitimate blood/oxygenation levels and I'm going to do more reading on the subject.

After watching this I decided to use my laser thermometer to measure the temperature of the top of my scalp vs. the front of my forehead and it was a stark difference 85.3 fahrenheit vs. 93.8.

I feel like based on both temps there's potential for legitimate blood/oxygenation levels and I'm going to do more reading on the subject.

Cool! Check out this video. This guy has an
interesting take on the blood oxygenation theory.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5tVmX8mIF4&t=409s

Ugh I can’t stand this guy. He’s a finasteride shill he seems to go after anything and everything contrary to the flawed theory that DHT is the driver of hair loss.

Yeah, I agree he's an ***hole but he makes some good points in this video at least.

Mossy

Handstands would also be good, yes? I can feel blood rushing to my head when I do them.

I use a vibrating muscle massager on my scalp (muscles). The massager does all of the work, I just steer the massager around my head for about 5 minutes. I also take extra vitamin k and I get sunlight on my head.

If you read the comments at Amazon, you will find that others have commented that their barbers have used this device.

Oster Professional 103 Stim-U-Lax Massager

Hasn't the blood flow theory on its own been proven BS though? Most of the studies that showed results with any kind of scalp massage or microneedling were using fin or minoxidil in conjunction with it

I don’t know if it’s been proven as BS, but I can share that my father had the exact head massager referenced, as well as having stood on his head for decades, due to his yoga dedication, and it did not help one iota with hair loss. So, I would say there are other factors involved besides simply stimulating blood flow to the scalp.

JDreamer

I don’t know if it’s been proven as BS, but I can share that my father had the exact head massager referenced, as well as having stood on his head for decades, due to his yoga dedication, and it did not help one iota with hair loss. So, I would say there are other factors involved besides simply stimulating blood flow to the scalp.

Whether it's using a Growband, doing yoga, or head stands - if your scalp is suffering from the combo of calcification/fibrosis from the influence of DHT it won't matter. Remember that crap was likely building for a long time before the hair loss was fully cosmetic and blood flow is severely impacted as shown in the study on cadavers.

Can't forgot those conditions will create hypoxia which favors the conversion of T to DHT rather than a well oxygenated scalp and the T to E conversion that helps build the subq fat that serves as a buffer between the dermis/epidermis and galea.

That's why this situation requires a multi-pronged attack, especially the more advanced one is on the Norwood scale. IMO a dermapen or dermaroller absolutely has to be introduced to help reverse the aforementioned and to allow for scalp remodeling. For a highly inflamed scalps though it's something imo shouldn't be used more than bi-weekly (in the beginning).

I'm gonna finally snatch up a Growband along with a Dermapen and give this thing a go. I'm also strongly considering introducing a few rounds of IGF-1 LR3 to my scalp - but it's gonna be highly dependent on the blood panels I'm gonna have run.

Last edited:

Mossy

Whether it's using a Growband, doing yoga, or head stands - if your scalp is suffering from the combo of calcification/fibrosis from the influence of DHT it won't matter.
Interesting. So you take the perspective that DHT is bad for the scalp and hair?
IMO a dermapen or dermaroller absolutely has to be introduced to help reverse the aforementioned and to allow for scalp remodeling. For a highly inflamed scalps though it's something imo shouldn't be used more than bi-weekly (in the beginning).
Funny you mention this; I just took my Derminator out tonight attempting to muster the will to do it again. It's a bit of a medieval device, as it does hurt, but it does indeed till the scalp soil.

JDreamer

Interesting. So you take the perspective that DHT is bad for the scalp and hair?

Funny you mention this; I just took my Derminator out tonight attempting to muster the will to do it again. It's a bit of a medieval device, as it does hurt, but it does indeed till the scalp soil.

DHT isn't the primary culprit. Inflammation is. It's a downstream byproduct of the inflammatory process.

It's fairly obvious "conditions" of the scalp affect proper hormonal balance needed to maintain good hair health.

Last edited:

Mossy

DHT isn't the primary culprit. Inflammation is. It's a downstream byproduct of the inflammatory process.

It's fairly obvious "conditions" of the scalp affect proper hormonal balance needed to maintain good hair health.
It's hard to argue against inflammation has the culprit, no matter what is causing it.

Vins7

D
Whether it's using a Growband, doing yoga, or head stands - if your scalp is suffering from the combo of calcification/fibrosis from the influence of DHT it won't matter. Remember that crap was likely building for a long time before the hair loss was fully cosmetic and blood flow is severely impacted as shown in the study on cadavers.

Can't forgot those conditions will create hypoxia which favors the conversion of T to DHT rather than a well oxygenated scalp and the T to E conversion that helps build the subq fat that serves as a buffer between the dermis/epidermis and galea.

That's why this situation requires a multi-pronged attack, especially the more advanced one is on the Norwood scale. IMO a dermapen or dermaroller absolutely has to be introduced to help reverse the aforementioned and to allow for scalp remodeling. For a highly inflamed scalps though it's something imo shouldn't be used more than bi-weekly (in the beginning).

I'm gonna finally snatch up a Growband along with a Dermapen and give this thing a go. I'm also strongly considering introducing a few rounds of IGF-1 LR3 to my scalp - but it's gonna be highly dependent on the blood panels I'm gonna have run.
Do you think that a protocol with manual stimulation methods like massages, scalp stimulation, microneedling and head stands could work really well? Or this type of approsch can't be similar to a drugs protocol?
I have read aproaches and hypothesis really different...

David PS

I keep my hair short but it is still combable. I use a shampoo scalp brush to massage my scalp.

1697300230224.png

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals