Ray Peat recommends Massage for Hair Growth

milk_lover

For the massage technique to work, it must be done in a specific way and for 20 minutes twice a day. It's quite laborious...
I have seen online people use wooden (bamboo shoot) hair brush to stimulate the scalp and reduce tension and tightness of the scalp. You push the brush onto different areas of your scalp and hold it tight each time while moving the scalp skin in circular motion for 3 to 5 minutes a day. Also you can tilt your head downwards at the edge of bed, maybe gravity will send good supply of blood hence more nutrients to your scalp.

Also

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 7.37.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 7.37.46 AM.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 15

Nfinkelstein

Because head acupuncture treatment helps to vitalize the body, enhances the metabolism, and especially stimulates the hair follicles, her grey hair gradually turned into black. Although not everyone can afford scalp acupuncture, Dr. Kuo believes that a decent scalp massage with a comb or fingertips can revitalise the scalp in a similar way

mrchibbs

For the massage technique to work, it must be done in a specific way and for 20 minutes twice a day. It's quite laborious...

Not true. In his book Rob explains it is a cumulative process. It's all about putting in the hours which has an effect over time, like any training or treatment.

2x20minutes done properly gets you results faster than 10 minutes a day, but providing the intensity is right, they will both get you there.

It's not that laborious but the vast majority of people these days have no ability to commit to anything.

Mauritio

It's not that laborious but the vast majority of people these days have no ability to commit to anything.
This ⬆️
Took me 8 months without results until I saw the first new hair with the scalp exercises.
People want an easy fix.

I don’t know but I really like using them!
Those things are fabulous! I think they call them the Tingler because they make you tingle and feel good. It’s like when someone brushes your hair. It feels great! So from my POV this would help stimulate hair growth.

I don't want to speak for Ray, but the way he speaks about massage of the scalp is very similar to Detumescence Therapy. 15 minutes with fingers moving the scalp around without scrapping the hair and scalp. People are picturing a little massage or something, but I believe it more intense than that. Probably just like PHH. Along with thyroid, DHEA, great nutrition, low stress, great environment.
This is just my theory, but I think part of the reason scalp massage works to regrow hair is because it feels good. And those positive feelings it gives us, result in our hair follicles coming alive so to speak. Like when a person is under stress, many times it’s been reported that they can lose hair, due to the negative feelings they are experiencing. Our minds and our bodies are interconnected. A head/ scalp massage feels good, which in turn can stimulate new growth of hair, so head massage making hair grow makes sense to me.

OP
tallglass13

tallglass13

This is just my theory, but I think part of the reason scalp massage works to regrow hair is because it feels good. And those positive feelings it gives us, result in our hair follicles coming alive so to speak. Like when a person is under stress, many times it’s been reported that they can lose hair, due to the negative feelings they are experiencing. Our minds and our bodies are interconnected. A head/ scalp massage feels good, which in turn can stimulate new growth of hair, so head massage making hair grow makes sense to me.
Good point, I like that POV, FOH

tfcjesse

Waiting for Jamesgatz to post pics of rock stars with long hair and photographed homeless guys and claim brushing hair leads to hairloss

OP
tallglass13

tallglass13

You should check this out. It's the growband and it basically relaxes the scalp perimeter muscles which allows more blood flow to regrow hair.

Absolutely amazing video. I can't believe big pharma has been lying to us for so long about the TRUE cause of male pattern baldness.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sq5QYSNL_Ds&t=140s

No fair Kevin, You Have Hair Plugs.
Some people want to attempt hair growth in a natural way, if there is one. Along with the Plugs, you use some of the strongest Drugs on the planet. I applaud you for being able to do so, because minox and fin gave several people here bad sides. I wish it wasn't that way. Plugs do work, I will give you that. But why did you do Hair Plugs if the drugs worked so well? I have always wondered that...
Many People on finasteride still don't get the results they ultimately want. Would you agree on that?

Last edited:
Ahhh, damn. You spoiled my fun. Well played sir.

Anyways, yeah I agree a lot of people expect finasteride to work better than it does. In my case I needed a transplant because I got into the game too late. Finasteride isn't going to reverse long term damage.

Anyways...since I have been identified I might as well post this here in case anyone is interested in another perspective on this.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=icSupaq9hBA&t=425s

Last edited:
OP
tallglass13

tallglass13

Ahhh, damn. You spoiled my fun. Well played sir.

Anyways, yeah I agree a lot of people expect finasteride to work better than it does. In my case I needed a transplant because I got into the game too late. Finasteride isn't going to reverse long term damage.

Anyways...since I have been identified I might as well post this here in case anyone is interested in another perspective on this.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=icSupaq9hBA&t=425s

At least you're a good sport brother

OP
tallglass13

tallglass13

And Kevin, like I said I applaud you for being able to use these drugs and not feel anything negative.. but if we think about it there's nothing that's cured baldness including any of the drugs or the massages.. we're all in the same boat at the end of the day.
Hairliciously, keratin brotherhood, hair Cafe, and a few others all have had hair transplants but still promote finasteride. And hairliciously and keratin brotherhood have both complained of hair shedding and still a thinning crown. Why would any body put up with hair shedding and a thinning crown while taking a drug that could possibly cause impotence. If these drugs reverse baldness completely maybe we could compromise.. and then you have people taking DHT and not having hair loss, if DHT was the only thing that causes baldness, the DHT drugs would cause baldness on contact you would think.. I think you're a smart dude but we need to think outside of the box a little bit here and it's not so cookie cutter as to take a DHT blocker and grow hair and forget about it..
Maybe the blocking of DHT causes a higher estrogen boost which causes the hair growth..

Vins7

Not true. In his book Rob explains it is a cumulative process. It's all about putting in the hours which has an effect over time, like any training or treatment.

2x20minutes done properly gets you results faster than 10 minutes a day, but providing the intensity is right, they will both get you there.

Absolutely true, nowadays people can't commit to anything.

L

Lord Cola

Wouldn't you need to injure the tissue to promote regrowth? It seems farfetched to expect hair regrowth from massaging.

mrchibbs

Wouldn't you need to injure the tissue to promote regrowth? It seems farfetched to expect hair regrowth from massaging.

Not really, it's quite a simple process.

Summer

This ⬆️
Took me 8 months without results until I saw the first new hair with the scalp exercises.
People want an easy fix.
Min
This ⬆️
People want an easy fix.
were you able to do these right away? I’ve tried scalp exercises like Tom Hagerty’s where he moves the scalp without use of his hands, but my scalp just won’t move like that.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals