Ray Peat On Sprouted Grains

Birdie

I would add to this that as a physiologist, and a general biologist, Peat studies how the body works.

When he studies hormones and nutrition, he isn't taking notes and saying "eating sprouts will extend the body's lifespan by 50 years whereas eating fruit will extend it by 100 years". He's studying how the machinery of our body works, and realizing that if it gets certain foods/supplements/hormones/chemicals it can run dramatically longer, and longer still as our understanding and synthesis of foodstuffs/supplements develops over time. This approach naturally lends itself to results that dramatically extend our lifespan.

Read his books -- he's talking about delaying puberty and extending the physical and mental characteristics of current childhood. He's talking about the next step in our evolution. His ideas are like something out of a sci-fi novel. Contrast to this to people like Westside who go around looking at the history of what people ate and hope to find clues to "health". The two paradigms are completely different, worse still is claiming the latter as "Peating".

A small subset of his recommendations factor in the economic reality of some individuals striving for good nutrition, like his comments about starch, leaves and sprouts. But that's all they are: recommendations for keeping your body running with however little you have available.
Well put.

Birdie

Um, Peat also talks of countless examples of what a person or a group of people did too. In almost every audio interview he says "I know a person who did this" or "a researcher studied these people." Like the Filipino woman who cooked two different meals for her and her husband everyday and she used coconut oil for her meals, when he said the arctic explorer said the Eskimos didn't look healthy in response to keto, when he said that the people of New Guinea did not have protein deficiency, when he said that he noticed differences between one group of Euro's who drank milk and ones who didn't when he was there, he does it all the time. That's not all I do to find "clues." What a weird way to put it. It's called observation. I don't look at "the history" of what people ate, I look at what people eat.

A little far fetched because evolution happens very slowly. Like extremely slowly. I think a better way to put it is he's talking about how the body prefers to function as opposed to how it's forced to function by poor choices willingly or by lack of knowledge.

Birdie

Sorry, tried to erase.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals