Ray Peat On Sex And Relationships

managing

OK I just need to rant about something real quick because I have heard this whole line about women being more masculine now and the proof is in our squarer jaws and such. Also, what was it, lack of hips and ***s? OK so let me fill you in on a little secret...we women don't get to choose the build of our faces or bodies! We can get plastic surgery, of course, but if anything most women are enlarging their breasts, not making them smaller. And last time I checked you can't get a "hip reduction" so the hips you see are the hips we were born with, for better or worse. It's sexist to continuously make a woman feel like she's not good enough based on her body type. And yes, what if women have been changing facially over time? And bodily? Are we to blame for that? Perhaps we could blame the directors in Hollywood or the fashion designers who set the tone in LA, NY, Milan, Paris and London, but that would also be a knock on men who are easily manipulated into finding whatever is being shoved down our collective throats as beautiful, who then seek out women who fit that description to copulate with.

The reality is, though, if you go to any local playground and look at the moms., good luck finding one who looks like Gigi Hadid or Kendall Jenner. Most of us have hips, butts, varying sizes of breasts, and we look like women.

And if you do take my advice and go to the playground without a child in tow, be ready to have women look at you suspiciously and keep extra close eye on their kids because we have all been forced to be hawkish to protect our kids. Perhaps if men were less commonly likely to molest/rape kids we could relax, let our guards down and enjoy sex in a more natural and free way, but we have learned the hard way that there are too many men who are aggressive sexually and think that because they are physically larger have the right to dominate a woman or child and force them to pleasure them sexually at the expense of our psychological well being. Unfortunately this is a social ill that I don't think will ever go away, as @Drareg pointed out sexually repressed men seek to physically dominate women. As a result women are on the defensive except for the sexually promiscuous women who basically have taken on a male mindset, apparently thinking or hoping that they will never be raped or exploited. Enough women have been put in compromising, if not downright violent, situations that we have to be protective. And the men who actually are respectful and look at sex in a healthy way are punished alongside the women who have been victimized.
But don't you see? This is proof of your masculinization. You think your opinion matters. Must be too much testosterone. Can we get a picture of your jawline? Do you ever dream about the virile men of ISIS? [yes, just to be entirely clear, that is supportive sarcasm]

I will note however, that your view of "promiscuous" women could be considered repressing their sexuality. Not saying that anybody is above critique, but promiscuity is a choice men have denied women for decades. Not advocating for or against.

alywest

But don't you see? This is proof of your masculinization. You think your opinion matters. Must be too much testosterone. Can we get a picture of your jawline? Do you ever dream about the virile men of ISIS? [yes, just to be entirely clear, that is supportive sarcasm]

I will note however, that your view of "promiscuous" women could be considered repressing their sexuality. Not saying that anybody is above critique, but promiscuity is a choice men have denied women for decades. Not advocating for or against.

Well I thought the term "promiscuous" was slightly better than "slutting around." And by that I mean some women have sex (just like men!) and I think men can be promiscuous, too, although they are rarely referred to as such. They are just "virile," needing to spread their seed for the good of humanity! Whereas the women who go through pregnancy, labor, childbirth and child-rearing are "sluts" who are punished for having slutty sex. So I guess "promiscuous" means having sex with people you barely know by anything but their jawlines.

x-ray peat

OK I just need to rant about something real quick because I have heard this whole line about women being more masculine now and the proof is in our squarer jaws and such. Also, what was it, lack of hips and ***s? OK so let me fill you in on a little secret...we women don't get to choose the build of our faces or bodies! We can get plastic surgery, of course, but if anything most women are enlarging their breasts, not making them smaller. And last time I checked you can't get a "hip reduction" so the hips you see are the hips we were born with, for better or worse. It's sexist to continuously make a woman feel like she's not good enough based on her body type. And yes, what if women have been changing facially over time? And bodily? Are we to blame for that? Perhaps we could blame the directors in Hollywood or the fashion designers who set the tone in LA, NY, Milan, Paris and London, but that would also be a knock on men who are easily manipulated into finding whatever is being shoved down our collective throats as beautiful, who then seek out women who fit that description to copulate with.

The reality is, though, if you go to any local playground and look at the moms., good luck finding one who looks like Gigi Hadid or Kendall Jenner. Most of us have hips, butts, varying sizes of breasts, and we look like women.

And if you do take my advice and go to the playground without a child in tow, be ready to have women look at you suspiciously and keep extra close eye on their kids because we have all been forced to be hawkish to protect our kids. Perhaps if men were less commonly likely to molest/rape kids we could relax, let our guards down and enjoy sex in a more natural and free way, but we have learned the hard way that there are too many men who are aggressive sexually and think that because they are physically larger have the right to dominate a woman or child and force them to pleasure them sexually at the expense of our psychological well being. Unfortunately this is a social ill that I don't think will ever go away, as @Drareg pointed out sexually repressed men seek to physically dominate women. As a result women are on the defensive except for the sexually promiscuous women who basically have taken on a male mindset, apparently thinking or hoping that they will never be raped or exploited. Enough women have been put in compromising, if not downright violent, situations that we have to be protective. And the men who actually are respectful and look at sex in a healthy way are punished alongside the women who have been victimized.
I don't think this should be viewed as a male vs female issue. Many of the posts accurately point out that what is changing our secondary sexual characteristics is effecting both men and women (as well as many animals in the environment). This has nothing to do with Feminism or Mennism but has everything to do with the deliberate poisoning of humanity with xenoestrogens. Out of the thousands and thousands of possible ingredients used in plastics they can surely use one that doesnt mimic estrogen and cause these issues. Even when the public complains they just switch from one xenoestrogen to another. Dont be fooled by any BPA free plastic. They are all bad for us.

managing

Well I thought the term "promiscuous" was slightly better than "slutting around." And by that I mean some women have sex (just like men!) and I think men can be promiscuous, too, although they are rarely referred to as such. They are just "virile," needing to spread their seed for the good of humanity! Whereas the women who go through pregnancy, labor, childbirth and child-rearing are "sluts" who are punished for having slutty sex. So I guess "promiscuous" means having sex with people you barely know by anything but their jawlines.
Quite fair. And I should have said "millennia" instead of "decades" lol.

alywest

Quite fair. And I should have said "millennia" instead of "decades" lol.

Perhaps, however, in centuries past in some cultures (not all), there was a certain level of respect towards females. I'm thinking, like, Jane Austen's England. That's not to say there wasn't sexism during that period and place to be sure, but at least when it came to sex there was a mutual respect for the woman's entire family as part of the package deal. Relationships were oftentimes built up around intellectual stimulation amongst people of the higher social classes, and then an eventual commitment to marriage. Of course sometimes it was more of a financial arrangement. I am not saying that I want things to go back to that, but it encouraged a man to respect a woman for her intellect since he would be forced by society to remain in that relationship, potentially for life. It's kind of a scary thought, honestly, but men of higher classes couldn't just go around banging every girl he met at a party. There were some serious social consequences to "knocking someone up," whereas now it's cool! At least society has implemented such things as child support, that is a sign of upward progress no matter what anyone says.

managing

I don't think this should be viewed as a male vs female issue. Many of the posts accurately point out that what is changing our secondary sexual characteristics is effecting both men and women (as well as many animals in the environment). This has nothing to do with Feminism or Mennism but has everything to do with the deliberate poisoning of humanity with xenoestrogens. Out of the thousands and thousands of possible ingredients used in plastics they can surely use one that doesnt mimic estrogen and cause these issues. Even when the public complains they just switch from one xenoestrogen to another. Dont be fooled by any BPA free plastic. They are all bad for us.
Agreed. And gender roles, gender politics, feminism, Marxism, etc predate plastic by hundreds to thousands of years.

BTW, it is incredibly difficult to find polymers that don't mimic hormones or influence organisms if they leach and are ingested. A much more valuable line of research is polymers that are totally inert in the anticipated conditions (pH, solvents, temp, etc.). They do exist. Problem is many/most are one or more of a) expensive b) environmentally damaging production c) can't be molded into things like thin lightweight bottles and d) not easily recyclable.

Finding something like that is the challenge.

kyle

From daddy's little princess to isis fifth column. Wherever did we go wrong? :(

alywest

Agreed. And gender roles, gender politics, feminism, Marxism, etc predate plastic by hundreds to thousands of years.

BTW, it is incredibly difficult to find polymers that don't mimic hormones or influence organisms if they leach and are ingested. A much more valuable line of research is polymers that are totally inert in the anticipated conditions (pH, solvents, temp, etc.). They do exist. Problem is many/most are one or more of a) expensive b) environmentally damaging production c) can't be molded into things like thin lightweight bottles and d) not easily recyclable.

It all leads back to the fact that we make babies. Except perhaps plastics will alter that fact for us once and for all. And the argument comes full circle...

kyle

Women policed their daughter's morals much more than men. In fact they bore tradition too. It is womens expectations that men mirror. Note the myth of Echo and Narcissus.

If a mother does not provide a father for her offspring they're doomed. Not my opinion, it's statistics.

I don't see women solely responsible. Women in liberal regimes are targeted by a vicious unprecedented regime of social engineering.

In the end many become sluts or barren out of desperation.

managing

Women policed their daughter's morals much more than men. In fact they bore tradition too. It is womens expectations that men mirror. Note the myth of Echo and Narcissus.

If a mother does not provide a father for her offspring they're doomed. Not my opinion, it's statistics.

I don't see women solely responsible. Women in liberal regimes are targeted by a vicious unprecedented regime of social engineering.

Yes, well if women repress women it makes it okay for men to do so.

On a similar note, did you know that it was Africans who sold other Africans to European and American slave traders? In the end many Africans became slaves out of desperation.

[for clarity, yes, sarcasm once again]

Badger

Thanks for your response, am glad to see female input on this topic. When you say "The reality is, though, if you go to any local playground and look at the moms., good luck finding one who looks like Gigi Hadid or Kendall Jenner. Most of us have hips, butts, varying sizes of breasts, and we look like women," please know I agree. I am just speaking about trends among women I notice primarily in the work place (many, many single women mostly) and to a lesser extent, what appears in the MSM. That is, the women who succeed in getting married and are with their kids in the playground likely were able to attract a man to marry them in large part because they look and act like women and and not second-rate boys or men (women who look and act like women - what a radical concept! Call the thought police and arrest somebody !!)

"we women don't get to choose the build of our faces or bodies!" Correct, but as mentioned before, this is not just a social construct, contrary to what "managing" (in this forum) and gender studies SJWs insist at every opportunity, as much of it arises from biological dysfunction from a toxic environment.

x-ray peat

I am not so sure about this. the pharmaceutical industry spends billions of dollars annually to discover bio-identical and bio-mimicking compounds. These do not just magically show up by accident and only just so happen to mimic estrogen as opposed to the androgens; right in line with the elite's well documented desire to make us more docile and compliant.

Badger

Yeah, the penis, vag., eggs and sperm are socially determined, forget biology, that's a patriarchal concept invented by oppressive white males anyway. Anybody who utters patriarchal ideas should be put in re-education camps or executed.

Interesting that the most "masculine" of women, ie lesbians, don't take contraceptive pills.

You do understand that gender roles are not biologically determined, right?

managing

I am not so sure about this. the pharmaceutical industry spends billions of dollars annually to discover bio-identical and bio-mimicking compounds. These do not just magically show up by accident and only just so happen to mimic estrogen as opposed to the androgens; right in line with the elite's well documented desire to make us more docile and compliant.
Well, I was talking chemistry. You are talking conspiracy. Not saying you are wrong.

managing

Yeah, the penis, vag., eggs and sperm are socially determined, forget biology, that's a patriarchal concept invented by oppressive white males anyway. Anybody who utters patriarchal ideas should be put in re-education camps or executed.
Damn, your powers of paraphrase are astounding.

x-ray peat

Well, I was talking chemistry. You are talking conspiracy. Not saying you are wrong.
I am talking about chemistry as well. I don't think it is that difficult to develop an inert packaging container/water bottle/make-up etc. They dont do it because they dont want to do it.

Badger

The "socially determined" gender studies single-cause "only-this" or "only-that" absolutists never see their own ideas about social determinism as being socially determined. They are immune to social influences as members of the cognitively superior Immaculate They club.

Your use of the word determined was 100%? There is nothing in this material world of ours that is 100% determined by any one atomistic factor

alywest

is it really any wonder that women throughout history have policed their daughter's morals? since apparently it is automatically the girl's physical and social responsibility to care for an unplanned child until adulthood, the boy's parent's are and have been all too happy to allow the parents (mainly the mother) of the teenaged girl raise that child and accept all of the responsibility for it. In fact at some point they even were happy to provide financially as long as the boy's parents didn't even have to see that child.

So in the time of no birth control the only thing that would work as a form of "birth control" is to attack the girl's moral character. If you have sex you're a whore and you're going to hell! It's a nice boogie-man story that should prevent at least 90% of girls from having premarital sex! Now more educated girls and women are using birth control because they are outsmarting the whole system. Except now they are destroying their own bodies unknowingly! I'm not really sure what the best thing is. Perhaps we should encourage young girls to engage in sexual exploration with their female friends so they can do what humans naturally do. Now that the "moral" construct of girl's being sluts for engaging in sexual acts has been so firmly set in place, even sex that couldn't possibly result in procreation is taboo.

managing

is it really any wonder that women throughout history have policed their daughter's morals? since apparently it is automatically the girl's physical and social responsibility to care for an unplanned child until adulthood, the boy's parent's are and have been all too happy to allow the parents (mainly the mother) of the teenaged girl raise that child and accept all of the responsibility for it. In fact at some point they even were happy to provide financially as long as the boy's parents didn't even have to see that child.

So in the time of no birth control the only thing that would work as a form of "birth control" is to attack the girl's moral character. If you have sex you're a whore and you're going to hell! It's a nice boogie-man story that should prevent at least 90% of girls from having premarital sex! Now more educated girls and women are using birth control because they are outsmarting the whole system. Except now they are destroying their own bodies unknowingly! I'm not really sure what the best thing is. Perhaps we should encourage young girls to engage in sexual exploration with their female friends so they can do what humans naturally do. Now that the "moral" construct of girl's being sluts for engaging in sexual acts has been so firmly set in place, even sex that couldn't possibly result in procreation is taboo.
+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1 . . .

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals